How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

• Total voters

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I just checked my data usage for a full 30 day period. I thought it would be more since I watch a lot of YouTube and download a lot of podcasts.

Data usage for 30 days is 570mb

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I'm typically in the 10-30 camp. Lots of netflix, streaming music, downloading movies, and tons of flash browsing plus I let my kids use my tether in the car for their tablets. However I think one of the biggest hogs is the instant upload on Google Plus. I like having a backup of my pictures and at a meg a piece they can add up quickly.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I don't think I've ever gone over 2GB on any phone I've had. I'm usually on wifi.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Today is day 9 of my first month of verizon service and I currently have used 1.2gb of data. Is this alot for just 9 days? I did notice that Google Music uses alot more data than pandora though so in try to avoid as much as I can. I stream pandora and espn only when I'm not around wifi

Thanks,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've ever gone over 2GB on any phone I've had. I'm usually on wifi.

Wifi is for chumps lol. I'm still unlimited and I try to shove it in Verizon's face every month.

Today is day 9 of my first month of verizon service and I currently have used 1.2gb of data. Is this alot for just 9 days? I did notice that Google Music uses alot more data than pandora though so in try to avoid as much as I can. I stream pandora and espn only when I'm not around wifi

Thanks,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Yes it is "a lot" if and only if you're on tiered data or family share. What's your monthly data allotment? Also Google Music will initially use a lot of data but then after your music is cached it will use significantly less

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh man these threads never get old.
4u5y3y2u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The first month on LTE with the awesome GN2 I hit 5gb of data.
I have unlimted data and I didnt use wifi.... This month Im using wifi to see what is the difference.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I use less than 2 gigs. I refuse to steam music or video due to data caps. I may stream the occasional YouTube video but that is it.

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
On average I use 3-4gb per month. Normal stuff like streaming Google Music or Pandora, occasional YT video, Netflix, etc. Last Month I spent a few days at my mother's & she didn't have internet so I used about 5 gb in 3 days time. For the month I ended with 8gb used. I am on unlimited so I am not really worried. If Verizon ever tries to move me off it I I leaving Verizon. I pay $88 per month right now with unlimited data. A measly 2gb shared pan will run me over $100 per month. To get a 4gb plan would be over $120.
Sprint just launched 4G lte in my area, so I would probably look at that.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
under 2. im on wifi most of the time.

edit - im charged for 2gb/mo but they give me 4 because of the promo they were running at the time my father bought h is iphone to replace his thunderbolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith