Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under 2GB

55 41.35%
  • 2GB to 10GB

53 39.85%
  • 10GB to 30GB

14 10.53%
  • 30GB to 50GB

4 3.01%
  • 50GB or more

7 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

Default Re: How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, e

Most of the time under 2GB except during the NFL football season where it jumps to 7-10GB from streaming games.

Default Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I just checked my data usage for a full 30 day period. I thought it would be more since I watch a lot of YouTube and download a lot of podcasts.

Data usage for 30 days is 570mb

Sent from Samsung galaxy note 2 (Verizon), titanium color
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I'm typically in the 10-30 camp. Lots of netflix, streaming music, downloading movies, and tons of flash browsing plus I let my kids use my tether in the car for their tablets. However I think one of the biggest hogs is the instant upload on Google Plus. I like having a backup of my pictures and at a meg a piece they can add up quickly.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Default Re: Rr month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, etc?)

I don't think I've ever gone over 2GB on any phone I've had. I'm usually on wifi.
    Vlosaloty likes this.

Today is day 9 of my first month of verizon service and I currently have used 1.2gb of data. Is this alot for just 9 days? I did notice that Google Music uses alot more data than pandora though so in try to avoid as much as I can. I stream pandora and espn only when I'm not around wifi

Thanks,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: How much data do you use per month on the Verizon Galaxy Note 2? (under 2GB, 10GB, 30GB, 50GB, e

Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I don't think I've ever gone over 2GB on any phone I've had. I'm usually on wifi.
    Wifi is for chumps lol. I'm still unlimited and I try to shove it in Verizon's face every month.

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Today is day 9 of my first month of verizon service and I currently have used 1.2gb of data. Is this alot for just 9 days? I did notice that Google Music uses alot more data than pandora though so in try to avoid as much as I can. I stream pandora and espn only when I'm not around wifi

Thanks,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Yes it is "a lot" if and only if you're on tiered data or family share. What's your monthly data allotment? Also Google Music will initially use a lot of data but then after your music is cached it will use significantly less
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

I have 4gb plan and my data resets on the 5th. With 5 days to go I've used 1.2gb I'm mostly on wifi

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Oh man these threads never get old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    4G LTE Thunderbolt
    geronco likes this.

Around seven gigs, and i have the 10 gig plan.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The first month on LTE with the awesome GN2 I hit 5gb of data.
    I have unlimted data and I didnt use wifi.... This month Im using wifi to see what is the difference.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

I use less than 2 gigs. I refuse to steam music or video due to data caps. I may stream the occasional YouTube video but that is it.

One thing I have learned, when I have a chance to use WiFi, I do. This has reduced my Data usage.
    Just love my GN2

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    RootBoatz

On average I use 3-4gb per month. Normal stuff like streaming Google Music or Pandora, occasional YT video, Netflix, etc. Last Month I spent a few days at my mother's & she didn't have internet so I used about 5 gb in 3 days time. For the month I ended with 8gb used. I am on unlimited so I am not really worried. If Verizon ever tries to move me off it I I leaving Verizon. I pay $88 per month right now with unlimited data. A measly 2gb shared pan will run me over $100 per month. To get a 4gb plan would be over $120.
    Sprint just launched 4G lte in my area, so I would probably look at that.
    universeand likes this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I use about 3-4gb on a 6gb plan

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

60gb

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

under 2. im on wifi most of the time.

edit - im charged for 2gb/mo but they give me 4 because of the promo they were running at the time my father bought h is iphone to replace his thunderbolt

With hbo go, Netflix, watch espn, and a little Pandora I hit about 12-15 gb per month.

Sent from my amazing Note 2!

Max around 10gb. Usually around 4-7gb

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

I averaged 3 gigs with my iPhone 4S. I'm now using 10-15 gigs with my Note 2. I swear LTE is the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    I averaged 3 gigs with my iPhone 4S. I'm now using 10-15 gigs with my Note 2. I swear LTE is the devil.
    Are you suggesting Verizon Wireless is the devil? (or an authorized agent for the devil?)
    Lodingi likes this.

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    ROM
    None, thanks to the man.

Dropped down to the 1GB plan last month. Currently use around 300-400 MBs. Use Wifi at work and at home, which is 99% of the time that I need/want to access the internet.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

i have a 18gig plan and use 14-15gig. i have 8 devices

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signaltwins View Post
    Are you suggesting Verizon Wireless is the devil? (or an authorized agent for the devil?)
    Indeed I am.
    Spoken Word

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean

I started a thread last November asking the same question. I use just over 150GB per month most of the time. I have gone over 200GB a month a few times; What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month? I'm currently at 50GB with 20 days until my data resets.
    Last edited by cj100570; 05-06-2013 at 11:51 PM.
    It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast