Red & green pixel question

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE my Note 2... but if I had one complaint... it would be the red & green pixles I'm seeing with a white screen. When I'm on my email or a web page... anything that has a mostly white screen... I'm seeing a ton of red & green pixels. It looks like my screen is wet or greasy... if that makes sense. I'm wondering if that is just how the Note 2 is, or is it because I put a Zagg screen protector on when I first got it (which is a wet application). I certainly would have thought the moisture from the wet application would be gone after several weeks. Thoughts???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Could be moisture or could be slight skin oil but it def sounds like something with the screen protector

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
One thing I should have mentioned is that it's definitely NOT on the touchable surface of the Zagg. I have cleaned and wiped down the screen over and over and it never gets any better. If it's a moisture or oil issue, it's between the Zagg and the glass screen.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like it's you're screen protector. I have used them all and every one of them degrades the screen in some way or another. Some look better but take away the smoothness when using your finger on the screen, others make the screen pixilated and gritty feeling. The only one I haven't used is the new tempered glass screen protector. The thing about that type is they are very very thick.

I gave up on screen protectors back when I had my Samsung Vibrant.

The Gorilla Glass 2* our N2's use is very scratch resistant. I wouldn't mess up such a great screen with a protector.

I do use a case though. The best I have found is the Tech 21 D3O case. It's very low profile and will protect your phone better then any big bulky case will.

Anyway as far as screen protectors I don't use them. The only time I would is if I had to use my Note 2 as a work phone in a dirty, sandy work inviorment.

But I will always use a case. Look into the Tech 21 D3O case. Not the snap on one the full case. It's hard to find right now. I got lucky at a local T-mobile store.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I had that same issue with my iPad 2 when I had the Zagg Smudge proof screen protector applied. Because it was a wet install it really took about 4 months to stop looking "Oily" But it was always a dimmer, and grainier than without a protector. The way I abuse my stuff I have a Screen protector on everything. Give it a while longer and it should clear up. If not you will at least get used to it.

Brandon

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a shoddy Zagg screen protector problem.

Get something that has dry application. Recommend the Verizon screen protectors. They work great, do not interfere with the screens quality, and they are as smooth as the glass they sit on.

dominick_7

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Gorilla Glass is made via compressed glass, which accounts for it's extra hardness and protection from scratches and breakage like other glass. If there's a scratch in it which will happen if sand blowing in the wind gets on your screen or in your pocket, it will degrade the integrity of the screen so that the compression won't hold it together when/if it gets bumped or dropped. In that case it will be very likely that it breaks/cracks. Best thing to do is get a good screen protector, not a piece of crap one from Zaggs known for orange peeling, that ugly effect on the screen and screen resistance when sliding your fingers on it. Would recommend Just Like Glass, others would recommend SGPs 2 that they suggest for the Galaxy Note 2. I want to look into the Voyager 2 reinforced glass one as well but its pricey.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is perfect. I don't use Dagger or invisible shield. Hate the way they feel and mess with the touch screen. I use the screen protectors from Verizon. Slick and can't tell its there

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2