Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by stryfetew View Post
    How money did he offer you to do this? No one in their right mind would do this.
    The deductible. No way would I ever. Ppl do scams and unfortunately some do fall prey. Hope no one falls into the trap

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    msndrstood likes this.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by DT81 View Post
    anddddd yet we are still talking about this
    If you don't care for the thread, feel free to move on. There's certainly no need to post in the thread to complain about it.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

I wasn't going to say anything further because I don't want sarcasim or anyone being rude. I do call Verizon fraud dept Monday. I emailed a copy of the message that was sent to me. Within 10 minutes of sending the email I was contacted by a level 1 fraud employee. Doesnt matter where or how the message is sent. They take these things seriously. She told me it will be investigated and they do have measures of tracking. She told me this happens more than we realize and they don't laugh at the complaints they receive.
    They are glad to receive complaints regarding their customers. Said its good that customers reach out to them. Today's technology crap happens. Its unfortunate. And there are ppl who fall victim.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    wanzik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    The deductible. No way would I ever. Ppl do scams and unfortunately some do fall prey. Hope no one falls into the trap

Wow that's more of an insult on top of it being a scam all together.. Going to risk you going to jail for just the price of replacing it and not trying to offer anymore for taking the risk IF you even remotely considered doing it. What's the world coming to.. Sigh..

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

I mean no disrespect but any company will say what u want to hear to feel like you are being listened to and what not. They may go forward with it but I don't think they will, it will cost them money for nothing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Wow that's more of an insult on top of it being a scam all together.. Going to risk you going to jail for just the price of replacing it and not trying to offer anymore for taking the risk IF you even remotely considered doing it. What's the world coming to.. Sigh..
    Exactly! But there are naive ppl who might fall for the scam.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Lol, no one is going to go to jail for this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Never said anything about jail time.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Either way Asurion says they go after fraud to the highest extent of the law.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

lol Me and my dad had some fun with a guy that tried to scam us a little while ago. He called as someone from Microsoft saying he saw we were using non-genuine software and he wanted to get us to fix it.

Now, I obviously knew this was BS about 5 seconds in but I decided to troll him for the fun of it. I called him out on how they must have a big server to be able to watch millions of PC's all over the world 24/7 to watch for this sort of thing. XD He hung up about a minute later, what a lowlife.

Good job letting us know about this guy/girl. (Even if some people around here only thank you by trolling the thread.)
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

I just wanted people aware. This happens more than we realize. But if anyone ever has this happen it is good to report it. AC banned him. But he could easily take on a new screen name. Just beware! We are an awesome group and we are smart!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    sicario666 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    lol Me and my dad had some fun with a guy that tried to scam us a little while ago. He called as someone from Microsoft saying he saw we were using non-genuine software and he wanted to get us to fix it.

Now, I obviously knew this was BS about 5 seconds in but I decided to troll him for the fun of it. I called him out on how they must have a big server to be able to watch millions of PC's all over the world 24/7 to watch for this sort of thing. XD He hung up about a minute later, what a lowlife.

Good job letting us know about this guy/girl. (Even if some people around here only thank you by trolling the thread.)
    You are smart and know what to look out for. I wish our elder generation wasn't so naive. They are victimized all the time.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I just wanted people aware. This happens more than we realize. But if anyone ever has this happen it is good to report it. AC banned him. But he could easily take on a new screen name. Just beware! We are an awesome group and we are smart!

Well, the majority of us are. :P

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Never said anything about jail time.

Why do you think I'm always replying to you? Plenty of other people have posted in this thread.

First a few posts were removed to clean up the situation. Please report anyone contacting you publicly or privately concerning insurance scams, etc. and the moderating staff will handle it. Please don't make it a public affair anymore.

Second, Android Central doesn't condone anything involving fraudulent insurance scams. Its something we don't want in the forums publicly or privately via PM.

Third, ohnelson77 (Ray) please check your private messages.

Have a good night.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? likes this.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Guessing by the look of his username. His last name might be Nelson. Just an observation. Most people incorporate their names into usernames.

53n7 fr0m m4 no7e2 via Xparen7 7apa7alk2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

Fyi, it is cheaper to just get the note 2 new at $80,rather than paying $100 through Verizon asurion, if money is an issue. It does require a pm, so ymmv. And obviously, you would have to sign a 2 years contract
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Fyi, it is cheaper to just get the note 2 new at $80,rather than paying $100 through Verizon asurion, if money is an issue. It does require a pm, so ymmv. And obviously, you would have to sign a 2 years contract
    How do you get the Note 2 for $80??

Quote Originally Posted by ohnelson77 View Post
    How do you get the Note 2 for $80??
    Here's how I did it TWICE...
    Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

Would love to get another one, but my family share account is at the 5-device limit right now. (one more coming off contract in 2 months)

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    Here's how I did it TWICE...
    Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

Would love to get another one, but my family share account is at the 5-device limit right now. (one more coming off contract in 2 months)
    Wow!! Awesome! I hope this offer will stand when my upgrade is up in March!

Quote Originally Posted by ohnelson77 View Post
    Wow!! Awesome! I hope this offer will stand when my upgrade is up in March!
    probably not... I think Dell's $129 on the VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will only last a few more days.(if not shorter)

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    probably not... I think Dell's $129 on the VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will only last a few more days.(if not shorter)
    Even if it ends, Amazon has it for $150. Even if not, probably somewhere else would have a promo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123