My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ohnelson77 has contacted me again asking me to file a claim on my insurance so he can have a Note2. Fraud and would never do this. I am reporting the message but can't from my phone. I want everyone aware. Report him if he pulls this on you. The nerve of him. Wish I knew his last name. First is Ray. Wish I could report him to Verizon

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Ohnelson77 has contacted me again asking me to file a claim on my insurance so he can have a Note2. Fraud and would never do this. I am reporting the message but can't from my phone. I want everyone aware. Report him if he pulls this on you. The nerve of him. Wish I knew his last name. First is Ray. Wish I could report him to Verizon

Can you block users on this site?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
say u will do it and u need his information. Obviously u don't really do it but now u have his info

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a suggestion: log into the forums via the browser on your phone and you'll be able to report it (then the mods can do their thing :)). No need to create a thread about it. :)

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Would you please share with us the details of this scam? I'd love to learn more about it in case someone tries to pull the scam on me in the future. :)

Thanks!

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just a suggestion: log into the forums via the browser on your phone and you'll be able to report it (then the mods can do their thing :)). No need to create a thread about it. :)

I see at least one reason to create a thread about it and that's the one she mentions, putting the warning out there. Not sure if her creating a thread about this was painful to you but in the future , just avoid threads meant to warn you about scams and other useful information? :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I see at least one reason to create a thread about it and that's the one she mentions, putting the warning out there. Not sure if her creating a thread about this was painful to you but in the future , just avoid threads meant to warn you about scams and other useful information? :)

You're right and that's what I usually do. It's just that this is the second such thread the OP has posted in the last couple of weeks. I just figured most of us are savvy enough to figure this stuff out on our own and that it's best to just report it to the mods to deal with. I meant no disrespect. :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
As simple as that. When he first sent Mr a PM he told me he had issues with his razr maxx and wanted me to use my ins for him. I said NO. He asked me again to do a claim on my Note2 and send him the phone. What an idiot. I am reporting as abuse to the mods on AC but have to from my computer. Can't from my phone

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I see NOTHING wrong with my warning ppl about such activity

Goldchamp

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You're right and that's what I usually do. It's just that this is the second such thread the OP has posted in the last couple of weeks. I just figured most of us are savvy enough to figure this stuff out on our own and that it's best to just report it to the mods to deal with. I meant no disrespect. :)

I didn't mean to be gruff either but posting it in another thread hurts no one and maybe gets to more people. Not everyone on the board is tech savvy :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I only made another thread because he contacted me again and he wants my ins and phone. What the?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the heads up again. There is nothing wrong with posting this again for those who may not have seen it the first time around. If the scam artist is still going strong than we should all know about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. By the way, you can report posts from Tapatalk by tapping the post, selecting more, then report. PMs can be reported in Tapatalk by hitting the menu button. Please report the PM to us when you get a chance.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. By the way, you can report posts from Tapatalk by tapping the post, select more, then report. PMs can be reported in Tapatalk by hitting the menu button. Please report the PM to us when you get a chance.

Sent from my SGSIII

From that it says spam. I will file from my laptop. Don't havethe best browser use at work. I thought I got rid of him the first time. Guess not.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
From that it says spam. I will file from my laptop. Don't havethe best browser use at work. I thought I got rid of him the first time. Guess not.

Tapatalk prefills the box with the spam text. Just delete and type in the appropriate message.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I know. I am very tech savvy and would never. But I still want ppl to know.

I don't think anyone on AndroidCentral, especially those in the Note 2 section, will fall for a scam like that. Or am I wrong? :D

By the way, I'm still trying to come up with $5000 to send to the National Bank of Nigeria.
Someone emailed me and told me that he needed me to wire the $5000 in order for him
to claim a 10-million-dollar inheritance. Something about Nigeria' s banking laws. He
said he would give me 17% of the 10 million! Anybody want to help me out? I"m really
close!. My piggy bank now has 85 cents. :) Just help me out with the rest of the $4999.15.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey