My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone on AndroidCentral, especially those in the Note 2 section, will fall for a scam like that. Or am I wrong? :D

By the way, I'm still trying to come up with $5000 to send to the National Bank of Nigeria.
Someone emailed me and told me that he needed me to wire the $5000 in order for him
to claim a 10-million-dollar inheritance. Something about Nigeria' s banking laws. He
said he would give me 17% of the 10 million! Anybody want to help me out? I"m really
close!. My piggy bank now has 85 cents. :) Just help me out with the rest of the $4999.15.

Lol. Got the same email

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone on AndroidCentral, especially those in the Note 2 section, will fall for a scam like that. Or am I wrong? :D

By the way, I'm still trying to come up with $5000 to send to the National Bank of Nigeria.
Someone emailed me and told me that he needed me to wire the $5000 in order for him
to claim a 10-million-dollar inheritance. Something about Nigeria' s banking laws. He
said he would give me 17% of the 10 million! Anybody want to help me out? I"m really
close!. My piggy bank now has 85 cents. :) Just help me out with the rest of the $4999.15.

I've had listings on eBay and Amazon Marketplace where I've been asked to quickly finish a transaction because their granddaughter needed a laptop for school before she left for Africa. The key was that he would send me a Western Union confirmation which is 99.9% of the time fake. I would say it's 100% but there has to be that one honest soul that's actually from the USA or something wanting to use the service. I didn't respond and reported it as a scam as most of us would. I just love scams and how gullible some people may be.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Who do I make the check out to?

have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome (^-^)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok I wish on tapatalk things were like that on the site. I sent a screenshot of the PM to Phil because I have his email address. I had tried to submit the complaint on my phone via tapatalk and it got me banned LOL I am very glad that someone saw that was clearly a mistake.....I am the victim..........not the jerk who PM'd me. And on tapatalk it doesn't say who is a moderator......when they are replying to you. I did block him and he can no longer send me PM's. I still do not see on the computer tho where to send a complaint. But I think the screenshot to Phil will clearly show the issue. But why I was banned.......am clueless on that one LOL. And thanks again to those who got that squared away. I will tell you though that this person can be found out. He has messed with the wrong redhead !

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
again, tell him you will do it and you just need his name and address to ship it to.. reverse psychology to get what u need to report it but also report it to the law if need be.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
again, tell him you will do it and you just need his name and address to ship it to.. reverse psychology to get what u need to report it but also report it to the law if need be.

Don't think I want to do that. I am talking to verizon fraud division on Monday. They are very good at what they do. They can find him. That's if they are interested. He hasn't broken a law....that was presented to me earlier. But he has INTENT to break the law. Said Asurion will want to know too.
If anyone is laughing at me. Please don't. I also had my credit card compromised two weeks ago. Card in my possession. My bank was suspicious and they are on the trail.....technology is amazing today!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I work for the law, computer crime division. that's why I suggested getting his information.

I told him to politely take a flying leap. Don't think he would and I have blocked him. I appreciate your suggestions but there are ways to get his information. I don't know why he has singled me out. But he has made a huge mistake. HUGE

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I told him to politely take a flying leap. Don't think he would and I have blocked him. I appreciate your suggestions but there are ways to get his information. I don't know why he has singled me out. But he has made a huge mistake. HUGE

Glad you're not banned. :)

And he did make a huge mistake. Don't take this the wrong way but he probably singled you out because you're a woman. Truth is he must not realize women are just as capable as men in any subject. The local Honda dealership was amazed at how much my best friend (girl) knew about car maintenance and warranties. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this thread really necessary?
I mean it's just common sense, you're not going to send your phone in the mail to a stranger.
If you're not smart enough to figure that one out there is really no help for you.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they are needed. If you one day get a PM from someone that you may not know, asking for a phone from you and to defraud your insurance company, sure you might have the common sense to say no, but what about that one time when you are in a particular mood and say awwww, I am so sorry, sure I will.

Then you can say, "hey, I read about this on android central one day, I shouldn't listen to this person and report them".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Is this thread really necessary?
I mean it's just common sense, you're not going to send your phone in the mail to a stranger.
Yes, of course it's necessary; people have lapses in common sense. How else to explain marriage?

(JUST KIDDING. I love my wife.)

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I want to do that. I am talking to verizon fraud division on Monday. They are very good at what they do. They can find him. That's if they are interested. He hasn't broken a law....that was presented to me earlier. But he has INTENT to break the law. Said Asurion will want to know too.
If anyone is laughing at me. Please don't. I also had my credit card compromised two weeks ago. Card in my possession. My bank was suspicious and they are on the trail.....technology is amazing today!

They could find him but they won't. If he's not using Verizon's mobile or wired Internet they'd have to issue subpoenas to get IP addresses and user logs. That's a big deal (you may recall the uproar when the RIAA and content creators try to get IP addresses for copyright infringers) and they won't do it for something this insignificant. That's why someone asked you to get the information another way. And even so, while Verizon may claim to care when you talk to them on the phone (to match your outrage and make you confident that justice will surely prevail) it is more likely that little or nothing will be done. There's bigger fish to fry.

The credit card analogy is completely not apt. And what happened to you with your credit card happens all the time. The whole mention of it is irrelevant. Perhaps its purpose was to engender some sympathy towards you, but you haven't been harmed by either recent, apparently traumatic, episode.

And as for the multiple thread question, I would just have responded to the original one with an update.

We all appreciate what appears to be a sincere, deep since of justice. But the pursuit of justice and the reality of a world with limited resources are often at odds.

Last edited:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree, other than getting him off the forums the thread serves no purpose. It's not like you're forced to use your insurance to get a phone for him - and obviously he just wants you to get a new phone for him so that he can resale it and try to make more money off of it. Just ignore the person, block his email address, block his forum handle, and Verizon/Sprint allows you to block phone numbers from their website for free (AT&T users aren't so fortunate, not sure about T-Mobile).

Then move on.

This thread was fun to read, though :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20