My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted people aware. This happens more than we realize. But if anyone ever has this happen it is good to report it. AC banned him. But he could easily take on a new screen name. Just beware! We are an awesome group and we are smart!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
lol Me and my dad had some fun with a guy that tried to scam us a little while ago. He called as someone from Microsoft saying he saw we were using non-genuine software and he wanted to get us to fix it.

Now, I obviously knew this was BS about 5 seconds in but I decided to troll him for the fun of it. I called him out on how they must have a big server to be able to watch millions of PC's all over the world 24/7 to watch for this sort of thing. XD He hung up about a minute later, what a lowlife.

Good job letting us know about this guy/girl. (Even if some people around here only thank you by trolling the thread.)

You are smart and know what to look out for. I wish our elder generation wasn't so naive. They are victimized all the time.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted people aware. This happens more than we realize. But if anyone ever has this happen it is good to report it. AC banned him. But he could easily take on a new screen name. Just beware! We are an awesome group and we are smart!

Well, the majority of us are. :p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's more of an insult on top of it being a scam all together.. Going to risk you going to jail for just the price of replacing it and not trying to offer anymore for taking the risk IF you even remotely considered doing it. What's the world coming to.. Sigh..

Never said anything about jail time.

Why do you think I'm always replying to you? Plenty of other people have posted in this thread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First a few posts were removed to clean up the situation. Please report anyone contacting you publicly or privately concerning insurance scams, etc. and the moderating staff will handle it. Please don't make it a public affair anymore.

Second, Android Central doesn't condone anything involving fraudulent insurance scams. Its something we don't want in the forums publicly or privately via PM.

Third, ohnelson77 (Ray) please check your private messages.

Have a good night.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Guessing by the look of his username. His last name might be Nelson.:confused: Just an observation. Most people incorporate their names into usernames. :D

53n7 fr0m m4 no7e2 via Xparen7 7apa7alk2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, it is cheaper to just get the note 2 new at $80,rather than paying $100 through Verizon asurion, if money is an issue. It does require a pm, so ymmv. And obviously, you would have to sign a 2 years contract
Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

ohnelson77

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, it is cheaper to just get the note 2 new at $80,rather than paying $100 through Verizon asurion, if money is an issue. It does require a pm, so ymmv. And obviously, you would have to sign a 2 years contract

How do you get the Note 2 for $80??

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
probably not... :( I think Dell's $129 on the VZW Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will only last a few more days.(if not shorter)

Even if it ends, Amazon has it for $150. Even if not, probably somewhere else would have a promo.