Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Ohnelson77 has contacted me again asking me to file a claim on my insurance so he can have a Note2. Fraud and would never do this. I am reporting the message but can't from my phone. I want everyone aware. Report him if he pulls this on you. The nerve of him. Wish I knew his last name. First is Ray. Wish I could report him to Verizon

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Default Re: My fellow Note2 users. BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Ohnelson77 has contacted me again asking me to file a claim on my insurance so he can have a Note2. Fraud and would never do this. I am reporting the message but can't from my phone. I want everyone aware. Report him if he pulls this on you. The nerve of him. Wish I knew his last name. First is Ray. Wish I could report him to Verizon

Can you block users on this site?

Sounds like he should be banned

Sent from Note 2
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can't from my phone. Need to be on my computer to report it

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

say u will do it and u need his information. Obviously u don't really do it but now u have his info

Just a suggestion: log into the forums via the browser on your phone and you'll be able to report it (then the mods can do their thing ). No need to create a thread about it.
    Thanked by 2:
    Who? likes this.

Would you please share with us the details of this scam? I'd love to learn more about it in case someone tries to pull the scam on me in the future.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Just a suggestion: log into the forums via the browser on your phone and you'll be able to report it (then the mods can do their thing ). No need to create a thread about it.
    I see at least one reason to create a thread about it and that's the one she mentions, putting the warning out there. Not sure if her creating a thread about this was painful to you but in the future , just avoid threads meant to warn you about scams and other useful information?
    Thanked by:
    xlDeMoNiClx and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchamp View Post
    I see at least one reason to create a thread about it and that's the one she mentions, putting the warning out there. Not sure if her creating a thread about this was painful to you but in the future , just avoid threads meant to warn you about scams and other useful information?
    You're right and that's what I usually do. It's just that this is the second such thread the OP has posted in the last couple of weeks. I just figured most of us are savvy enough to figure this stuff out on our own and that it's best to just report it to the mods to deal with. I meant no disrespect.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 
    Who? and Darth Spock like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

As simple as that. When he first sent Mr a PM he told me he had issues with his razr maxx and wanted me to use my ins for him. I said NO. He asked me again to do a claim on my Note2 and send him the phone. What an *****. I am reporting as abuse to the mods on AC but have to from my computer. Can't from my phone

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Goldchamp View Post
    I see NOTHING wrong with my warning ppl about such activity

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    You're right and that's what I usually do. It's just that this is the second such thread the OP has posted in the last couple of weeks. I just figured most of us are savvy enough to figure this stuff out on our own and that it's best to just report it to the mods to deal with. I meant no disrespect.
    I didn't mean to be gruff either but posting it in another thread hurts no one and maybe gets to more people. Not everyone on the board is tech savvy
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I only made another thread because he contacted me again and he wants my ins and phone. What the?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Thank you for the heads up again. There is nothing wrong with posting this again for those who may not have seen it the first time around. If the scam artist is still going strong than we should all know about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Thanks for the warning. I can't even imagine what would make someone ask you to do this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by collett View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I can't even imagine what would make someone ask you to do this.
    I know. I am very tech savvy and would never. But I still want ppl to know.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    collett likes this.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. By the way, you can report posts from Tapatalk by tapping the post, selecting more, then report. PMs can be reported in Tapatalk by hitting the menu button. Please report the PM to us when you get a chance.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Synycalwon likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention. By the way, you can report posts from Tapatalk by tapping the post, select more, then report. PMs can be reported in Tapatalk by hitting the menu button. Please report the PM to us when you get a chance.

Sent from my SGSIII
    From that it says spam. I will file from my laptop. Don't havethe best browser use at work. I thought I got rid of him the first time. Guess not.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

From that it says spam. I will file from my laptop. Don't havethe best browser use at work. I thought I got rid of him the first time. Guess not.

Tapatalk prefills the box with the spam text. Just delete and type in the appropriate message.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:

I know. I am very tech savvy and would never. But I still want ppl to know.

I don't think anyone on AndroidCentral, especially those in the Note 2 section, will fall for a scam like that. Or am I wrong?

By the way, I'm still trying to come up with $5000 to send to the National Bank of Nigeria.
    Someone emailed me and told me that he needed me to wire the $5000 in order for him
    to claim a 10-million-dollar inheritance. Something about Nigeria' s banking laws. He
    said he would give me 17% of the 10 million! Anybody want to help me out? I"m really
    close!. My piggy bank now has 85 cents. Just help me out with the rest of the $4999.15.
    Thanked by 2:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    I don't think anyone on AndroidCentral, especially those in the Note 2 section, will fall for a scam like that. Or am I wrong?

By the way, I'm still trying to come up with $5000 to send to the National Bank of Nigeria.
    Someone emailed me and told me that he needed me to wire the $5000 in order for him
    to claim a 10-million-dollar inheritance. Something about Nigeria' s banking laws. He
    said he would give me 17% of the 10 million! Anybody want to help me out? I"m really
    close!. My piggy bank now has 85 cents. Just help me out with the rest of the $4999.15.
    Lol. Got the same email

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Tapatalk prefills the box with the spam text. Just delete and type in the appropriate text.

Sent from my SGSIII
    I just now sent it. Thank you!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I've had listings on eBay and Amazon Marketplace where I've been asked to quickly finish a transaction because their granddaughter needed a laptop for school before she left for Africa. The key was that he would send me a Western Union confirmation which is 99.9% of the time fake. I would say it's 100% but there has to be that one honest soul that's actually from the USA or something wanting to use the service. I didn't respond and reported it as a scam as most of us would. I just love scams and how gullible some people may be.
    liljew likes this.

Who do I make the check out to?

have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome (^-^)
    Have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome! (^_^)
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Ok I wish on tapatalk things were like that on the site. I sent a screenshot of the PM to Phil because I have his email address. I had tried to submit the complaint on my phone via tapatalk and it got me banned LOL I am very glad that someone saw that was clearly a mistake.....I am the victim..........not the jerk who PM'd me. And on tapatalk it doesn't say who is a moderator......when they are replying to you. I did block him and he can no longer send me PM's. I still do not see on the computer tho where to send a complaint. But I think the screenshot to Phil will clearly show the issue. But why I was banned.......am clueless on that one LOL. And thanks again to those who got that squared away. I will tell you though that this person can be found out. He has messed with the wrong redhead !
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    collett likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast