OK I'm coming clean and revising my opinion about the flip case

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly....I tried the flip case with my gs3 this summer when i first got it. hated many things about it but primarily how it fit in my hand when the flap was open and tucked behind the phone. I finally caved and bought the turquoise blue for my note 2 to try again cuz i love the color (i'm a girl so sue me) and i do like the thought of the case itself. ie: slimness, screen protection, etc.

So i admit it....i love it....the color is so awesome. i get comments (yes from women) all of the time. I find it fits ok in my hand with the flap tucked back, and maybe because the phone is bigger....the gs3 was just too small and it usually slipped out of my hand awkwardly and left me holding the phone by the flap, which has never happened so far with the note 2.

the drawback is taking photos, but i find that saying "cheese' to take the pic, instead of holding weirdly with the flap hanging with one hand and trying to tap the screen with other hand, solves the problem

also i miss having my notification light blinking at me, but i think i might try what someone else did and drill a hole in the flap over the notification light.

ok, so now i've come clean and gotten that off my chest....phew the hypocrisy was just eating me up.....ha

yenyob

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the same color for free when i registered with Samsung... and I'm a guy. I had my choice of only bright colors and this one looked more green so I went for it. Turned out to be a little to pastel for my liking. Although everyone at work rags on me for the color I have to say I actually like the product. Well, until it drops on the ground and wish I had my other case on it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Why would they rag on you for the color of the case? Really? Men's clothing....all colors including pastels on dress shirts. I think sporting a colored case is very cool for a man. They lack taste. You don't! Enjoy the case. People compliment the case as well as the phone. I have a wardrobe of colors. Awesome with the white Note2.
We have the best phone!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the same color for free when i registered with Samsung... and I'm a guy. I had my choice of only bright colors and this one looked more green so I went for it. Turned out to be a little to pastel for my liking. Although everyone at work rags on me for the color I have to say I actually like the product. Well, until it drops on the ground and wish I had my other case on it.

i have the "light blue" which is a deeper turquoise to my eye...you must have ended up with the "mint"? which looks like a light turquoise to me. i would now like to have the yellow thats available for the gs3 but not the note 2....dang it. and yes its a bit of a bummer that they've stuck with more pastel colors for the cases....a candy apple red would be awesome.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If your a person that texts a lot is it annoying to keep flipping it open

Yes i would have thought that would be a deal breaker as i do text a ton, but i've decided i'm shallow and enjoy the way the phone looks so much flipping the cover is minor. :) if i'm home or at work at a desk i do tend to leave the cover open if i'm in a big texting conversation.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Another drawback of the flip case (besides covering the lens when you wanna take a pic) is that if you accidentally dropped your phone off from your pocket, you're toast since 3 of the 4 sides are not protected. Already heard horror stories of people getting their screens break even with the flip cover.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Another drawback of the flip case (besides covering the lens when you wanna take a pic) is that if you accidentally dropped your phone off from your pocket, you're toast since 3 of the 4 sides are not protected. Already heard horror stories of people getting their screens break even with the flip cover.

That's why I use a modded bumper case with mine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

the flip cover for me is strictly cosmetic, well frankly all covers, I never use a cover for protection. I've always gone for a cover that either looks good or adds some grip. but really bulking up a super slim phone is a crime against nature for me. I've never cracked a screen or casing, i'm pretty careful with my toys.

and also....like i said for me i love the feature to take a pic just by saying cheese. so letting the flap hang while taking a pic is no problem since i use both hands to steady the camera anyway.

the case is far from perfect...just saying i love the way it looks enough to overlook the irritations....thats how great it looks :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why would they rag on you for the color of the case? Really? Men's clothing....all colors including pastels on dress shirts. I think sporting a colored case is very cool for a man. They lack taste. You don't! Enjoy the case. People compliment the case as well as the phone. I have a wardrobe of colors. Awesome with the white Note2.
We have the best phone!

Hey! I like other colors but I have taste. Just because I chose to be consistent and go Gray doesn't mean I'm not stylish.

:D:p

Sorry, had to do it. :)

I find the flip is nice because it protects the screen and that's all I need to do. Plus its branded with the Note II text so I love the way it looks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm making the opposite move. I put a flip case on my Note 2 as soon as I got it. I loved the look and feel of it and it was very reassuring having the flap over the large screen. For some reason the size of the screen just made me nervous about handling the phone in general, especially having it in my pocket. Even though I have an SGP ultra crystal screen protector I felt I needed the flip cover as well. It was like a big security blanket if you will :)

However, it was taking much longer than I anticipated getting used to just using the phone - texting, surfing the web, checking email - everything just seemed much more difficult and fatiguing for my hands. I just attributed it to getting used to the size of the phone and pushed on (no way I'm returning this beauty!).

Anyways, not having a kickstand was getting too annoying so I kept looking for a new case with a kickstand. I didn't like any of the flip covers with kickstands and luckily someone here posted this case:

Not only is it a great case, but it has freed me of the flip case inconveniences. My phone feels "normal" again. I can do most things with one hand. I can pull the phone out of my pocket and NOT have to use both hands to open the annoying flap. Taking pictures is easier. I can see my notification light! The phone is thinner and smaller. I really enjoy using this phone now that I have dropped the flip case. Anyways, if you are like me and have *only* used this phone with a flip case, perhaps give a regular case a try and see if you like using the phone more like I did. :p

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the opposite move. I put a flip case on my Note 2 as soon as I got it. I loved the look and feel of it and it was very reassuring having the flap over the large screen. For some reason the size of the screen just made me nervous about handling the phone in general, especially having it in my pocket. Even though I have an SGP ultra crystal screen protector I felt I needed the flip cover as well. It was like a big security blanket if you will :)

However, it was taking much longer than I anticipated getting used to just using the phone - texting, surfing the web, checking email - everything just seemed much more difficult and fatiguing for my hands. I just attributed it to getting used to the size of the phone and pushed on (no way I'm returning this beauty!).

Anyways, not having a kickstand was getting too annoying so I kept looking for a new case with a kickstand. I didn't like any of the flip covers with kickstands and luckily someone here posted this case:
[url]http://s7.vzw.com/is/image/VerizonWireless/sam_galaxy_note_ii_shell_sami605cov?$acc-lg$[/URL]

Not only is it a great case, but it has freed me of the flip case inconveniences. My phone feels "normal" again. I can do most things with one hand. I can pull the phone out of my pocket and NOT have to use both hands to open the annoying flap. Taking pictures is easier. I can see my notification light! The phone is thinner and smaller. I really enjoy using this phone now that I have dropped the flip case. Anyways, if you are like me and have *only* used this phone with a flip case, perhaps give a regular case a try and see if you like using the phone more like I did. :p

I have that case, i got it when i ordered my Note 2 online from Verizon. I just recently received (last Friday actually) the Otter Box Commuter i ordered after i dropped my Note 2, with this case on, from my hip to the concrete sidewalk. The screen cracked from the bottom left corner extending to the middle of the phone, where the cover ends near the chrome bottom. I think this case exacerbated the crack, because when putting on this case it's such a tight fit that i often feared that it would crack the screen from the pressure of the case itself.

I miss the kickstand, desperately. However, the Otter Box Commuter does provide greater protection and accessibility.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Its comfortable to text for me just having the flap open. I don't always tuck it behind the phone. I want to find a red one....red is my favorite color. I have 5 cases. Lol. Just received the white and grey I got with my discount Samsung coupon. Using the white case now. Pretty!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Im about to put mine on. Ive had the case a day but haven't used it yet. I got the black one for my titanium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just be sure when you remove the Flip Cover you do so as if its a stock cover; the little card or finger nail tab. Pulling on the cover even lightly will sort of snap the plastic hinge so the top side has a creaking push sound. I found this out the hard way... Haha

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol