Why does my Note2 talk to me????

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why the Note2 talks when I have an incoming message, email or phone call? It doesn't happen all the time. Just sometimes. It stopped doing it for a while and then just started doing it again. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? what am I missing? any help would be appreciated.. thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why the Note2 talks when I have an incoming message, email or phone call? It doesn't happen all the time. Just sometimes. It stopped doing it for a while and then just started doing it again. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? what am I missing? any help would be appreciated.. thanks.

Pull shown the notification Window and shut off car mode

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Those who need this function while driving is good. But when I am driving I concentrate on just that. DRIVING. Being distracted is dangerous. Many accidents are caused by ppl being on their cell phones. I live in AZ. Still no hands free law. There is a no texting law but phone to the ear us just as dangerous

Sent from my Samsung Galaxyun Note2

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
... I'm driving right now as I typ.. Uh oh..... Argh... Umph..... Ahhhhhhh...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Those who need this function while driving is good. But when I am driving I concentrate on just that. DRIVING. Being distracted is dangerous. Many accidents are caused by ppl being on their cell phones. I live in AZ. Still no hands free law. There is a no texting law but phone to the ear us just as dangerous

Many things cause distractions, a lot of which you can never enact laws to try to stop. Even those that do, such as texting, are very difficult to enforce. It comes down to personal responsibility, of which a great many lack unfortunately. :(

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Samsung Galaxyun Note2

Me too. I do answer calls here and there but at times space out from the call since my concentration is on the road. I used to never answer calls but my Acura came with built in Bluetooth so I use it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I see that driving with a phone to the ear is distracting for some, but not everyone. Some people are actually quite good at it, and it doesn't distract them... how is it any different than using a hands free device? I drive a stick so I'm used to driving with one hand anyway.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Many things cause distractions, a lot of which you can never enact laws to try to stop. Even those that do, such as texting, are very difficult to enforce. It comes down to personal responsibility, of which a great many lack unfortunately. :(

sadly i agree totally....i think personal responsibility is a thing of the past.....people seem to never be responsible for anything and there is always an excuse. had a woman pull out in front of me the other day lighting up a cigarette. she weaved a couple of times before she must have gotten it going and evened out. i was worried she might take someone out in a cross walk or something....

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I see that driving with a phone to the ear is distracting for some, but not everyone. Some people are actually quite good at it, and it doesn't distract them... how is it any different than using a hands free device? I drive a stick so I'm used to driving with one hand anyway.

Studies show that driving with a hands free device and talking with the phone to your ear are equally as dangerous. It's not that people can't drive with one hand. It's that people can't concentrate on listening and talking to someone and drive at the same time. As much as we think we can multitask we as humans can't. We are doing either one thing or the other and if we're talking on the phone we're not paying attention to the road.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Studies show that driving with a hands free device and talking with the phone to your ear are equally as dangerous. It's not that people can't drive with one hand. It's that people can't concentrate on listening and talking to someone and drive at the same time. As much as we think we can multitask we as humans can't. We are doing either one thing or the other and if we're talking on the phone we're not paying attention to the road.

Totally Agree!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
And yet you can talk to someone riding with you in the car and it isn't being blamed for a lot of accidents? What's the difference? My hunch is that we instinctively use your eyes differently depending on whether we see the object of our attention or don't see it. Perhaps when dealing with something we can't see our eyes are instinctively 'hunting' and this means eyes roving away from the traffic situation. I rarely talk on the phone while driving but when I do I make a deliberate effort to keep my eyes on the road and the traffic more carefully than if I were alone in the car. That discipline seems to create the same situation as when I'm talking to someone sitting next to me in the car.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Personally, just my opinion, but some people are better at multi tasking than others. I drive and talk with no hands free a lot, and it's always when I'm not on the phone something dumb happens. Just me though, I am biased.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Studies haven't studied me, I have no problem multitasking.

-FlyingDucks-

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I personally applaud tirith and markster1. SOME people should ONLY drive. For such challenged drivers, they will have RESTRICTED licenses with the new law we are proposing making it illegal to talk to any passengers and illegal for the driver to listen to any passengers, which means of course, that it will be illegal for passengers to talk while in the moving car of RESTRICTED licensees. Oh...this outlaws radios too. And put that hamburger down while driving. Too distracting for RESTRICTED licensees. Such people will be required to display special RED license plates so we can give them wide birth. Also they will be barred from driving in the left-hand lane.

For the rest of us, we'll be talking with our friends and listening to music and driving responsibly from point A to B.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm a professional driver though... so i'm kinda... the minority. Just can't hold a phone to my ear while driving one of them there big trucks... i dont want that $2,750 fine...