Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I don't think I am crazy. But it could be possible (Notification help)

Hey everyone. So I have finally purchased my Note 2 this past Friday. I have a text message question for you. When I first got the phone the first few text messages I recieved I swear that I got a pop up window like with Handcent or GOSMS. But it was the native messaging app. I don't have any 3rd party text apps installed. I did a search and can't find any info on this. (Must not know the right terminology) Does anyone have any info about this? It would be awesome. I did mess around with some settings in the messaging menu. But don't what would have done this. Could the update have caused it?

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

Default Re: I don't think I am crazy. But it could be possible (Notification help)

That is strange.. could it have been ChatON? That's Samsung's branded messaging app and it uses pop up messaging. I don't think that was pre-installed on our phones though. Haven't had that happen to me with the stock messaging app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I don't think I am crazy. But it could be possible (Notification help)

Don't think so. It just worked from the first text until some time that I don't know. Lol. Wish I paid more attention.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So maybe I deleted some app that allowed it to do this? I deleted a lot of the pre installed apps. Is there a list of what came installed on the phone?

Are you sure your not confusing the screen lighting up whenever you received a text message as a pop up ?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm positive. It was a standard popup notifications just like handcent. But I don't have that installed.

Likeca bubble shape? Its stock

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2