Can't connect to VZW 4g

phillip2842

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got a new Note 2 today coming from a Galaxy Nexus and I can't seem connect to Verizon's 4g network, only 3g. I have tried going from airplane mode and back. It will show 4g briefly, then it goes back to 3g. I checked the mobile network settings and it was set to Global. I changed it to CDMA/LTE and rebooted the phone - it did the same thing. Anyone ever have this happen before?

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont always get 4G I think sometimes it's the network. How long have you had your phone? Have you tried it in different locations? Mash the 4G is not good where your at.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

phillip2842

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont always get 4G I think sometimes it's the network. How long have you had your phone? Have you tried it in different locations? Mash the 4G is not good where your at.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I got it this afternoon. The area I was in had strong service with my nexus just a moment before. Same with the area I live in. Nothing.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Check your network mode under mobile networks and see if your preferred network mode is CDMA/LTE/EVDO. If not, you might be on GSM/UMTS or Global.

phillip2842

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried this a couple of times. Still can't get 4g connection. I am going by the Verizon store later today to get my sim swapped out. It worked fine in my Nexus just before I put it in my Note 2, though.

phillip2842

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Check your network mode under mobile networks and see if your preferred network mode is CDMA/LTE/EVDO. If not, you might be on GSM/UMTS or Global.

I have actually tried that a few times, changing from Global back to CDMA/LTE/EVDO. Then to GSM/UMTS and back to CDMA. No difference.

What are the APN settings supposed to be on? I would imagine LTE, but it keeps reverting back to the other.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried this a couple of times. Still can't get 4g connection. I am going by the Verizon store later today to get my sim swapped out. It worked fine in my Nexus just before I put it in my Note 2, though.

Its highly recommended when you change devices to get a new SIM card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't want to hijack this thread nor start a new one for such a simple question..

Does anyone know how or if you can turn the annoying messages off: these 2. 1) when turning off mobile data..no crap i won't be able to access internet..why do you patronize me? Lol. 2) when turning on gps you need to accept conditions every time. Any of these possible without root?

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have actually tried that a few times, changing from Global back to CDMA/LTE/EVDO. Then to GSM/UMTS and back to CDMA. No difference.

What are the APN settings supposed to be on? I would imagine LTE, but it keeps reverting back to the other.
APN menu is read only, checking the other changes nothing. But if ehrpd is selected it still lets you on lte. ehrpd is what allows the handoff between evdo and lte

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams