Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jude526
  • 1 Post By derekdjodrey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thinking of switching from GS3 to Note 2

Right now I have a GS3 on verizon. It's a great phone for sure. I do have a stuck pixel that is stuck green up in the notification bar and is annoying as all get out so I am going to swap it out. Since i purchased from best buy and am a premier silver member I have 60 days to do a one time exchange for a different phone or another one of the same phone. All of the hype about the Note 2 has kind of brought me around to considering swapping out the GS3 for a Note 2. For those of you that have used both a GS3 and a Note 2 are there any differences in performance? I'm not talking about screen size as I know there is a difference there. I'm talking just general performance of the phone. My GS3 runs smooth and fast and I'm assuming the Note 2 does as well since it has the quad core exynos. Just looking to get some real opinions. Also, I was thinking it would be convenient to use the s pen on occastion to make grocery lists, etc. but was curious how much others use the s pen in everyday use. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Thinking of switching from GS3 to Note 2

Never had the S3 but people I know have made the switch and never looked back. Love my N2 more and more every day. Performance is amazing not to mention battery life is out of this world. TW isn't too bad either. With all the features it offers it's actually enjoyable over stock android to me. S-pen has come in handy more than I thought it would. It's become habit for me to reach for it any time I use my phone. Would highly recommend the switch if you're looking for the latest and greatest.

Id say that, even though the GS3 is a great phone, its a switch you wouldnt regret. Ive gotten a good amount of use out of my s-pen, more than I thought I would. Its super fast and the battery life is out of this world. Id say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

went from s3 to note 2 last month, havent looked back. note 2 does everything the gs3 does and better. I really liked my s3 and held on to it for backup but after a few weeks sold it as I will not go back to it.

I haven't had the S3. Went from diehard HTC user to this amazing device. No regrets. My phone is the huge envy at work. Everyone wants it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I had the S3 for 6 months and it was a great phone. I went back to an iPhone for a short time before buying the N2. I have had it almost 2 months and have never looked back. It is absolutely the best phone I have ever had. It even motivated me to buy a Galaxy Note 10.1.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I had the S3 for about 4 months. It is a great phone but the Note 2 is so much more. You don't lose any features of the S3 and you gain all the features that the S Pen provides. Add in the big screen, faster processor and longer battery life and you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

They are both great phone. Just choose what size you like

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I got the gs3 while i was waiting for the note 2 to finally be released, thanks verizon from waiting as long as possible....loved it but the note 2 is just fabulous. the spen cant be beat, i use it all of the time and can't ever see myself going to a phone without one. i've yet to hear anyone say the note 2 is too big after theyve had one, its shocking how fast it seems normal.

No regrets on getting this phone. Best I gave ever had!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I just switched from an s3 last week to the note 2 and it is GREAT! Definately like it better. Granted the S3 is an amazing device also but the Note 2 is faster and the battery life is the greatest of any phone I have ever had. Now when I pick up my S3 it seems small.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thanks for all the great responses everyone. I'm going to head back in to Best Buy and swap out for the Note 2 in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by lindseybp View Post
    Thanks for all the great responses everyone. I'm going to head back in to Best Buy and swap out for the Note 2 in the next day or two.
    Let us know how you like it!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I had the S3 for about 4 months. It is a great phone but the Note 2 is so much more. You don't lose any features of the S3 and you gain all the features that the S Pen provides. Add in the big screen, faster processor and longer battery life and you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    Same here, except that I got my gs3 back in early July, great phone, but note 2 is better in terms of performance and battery life.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Best decission I ever made was switching from s3 to note2 no regrets.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    DroidXcon likes this.