Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Default Re: RIP Note 2... your shift is over

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I was wondering about this... the Asurion person told me they were sending me a NEW sim card. I asked her if I should use it or the sim card that I currently have and she said I could use either one. Does it matter which one I use?

No, you would just need to activate the new card if you chose that route.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Glad you are OK. I know its hard on the phone. But you're alive. Phones can be replaced....you can't. Stay safe!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

On a side note... those Zagg screen protectors don't work at all against being run over by a car lol. For future reference...
    revtech and kris.richards like this.

Thank you for doing what you do! I have great respect and appreciation for you! Perhaps Verizon would show some support for what you do! Worth a shot! I hope you can get a new GN2! Btw I lived many many years in Illinois before moving to AZ weather!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!
    Thanked by:
    reb422 

Check ebay and replace screen. Youtube video to do it

Sent from a android better than yours lol
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    Thank you for doing what you do! I have great respect and appreciation for you! Perhaps Verizon would show some support for what you do! Worth a shot! I hope you can get a new GN2! Btw I lived many many years in Illinois before moving to AZ weather!

I tried to plead with the Verizon support rep about getting a NEW Note 2 but they didn't care. They said it was totally on Asurion and that I should discuss it with them. I all but begged the Asurion rep for a new unit as well but she said that she has no control over that. Oh well... a refurb Note 2 is still better than ANY other new phone in my opinion.

I tried to plead with the Verizon support rep about getting a NEW Note 2 but they didn't care. They said it was totally on Asurion and that I should discuss it with them. I all but begged the Asurion rep for a new unit as well but she said that she has no control over that. Oh well... a refurb Note 2 is still better than ANY other new phone in my opinion.
    Odds are you will receive a new in box unit based on my experience. The phone is new and my friend who just got his RAZR HD replaced got a new one. The Note II is slightly newer so you should be good.

Thanked by:
    reb422 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Odds are you will receive a new in box unit based on my experience. The phone is new and my friend who just got his RAZR HD replaced got a new one. The Note II is slightly newer so you should be good.

I certainly hope so... that would be great

Sorry to hear about your phone. I put my phone, the note 2 and before it the razr maxx, in a phone holder and it stays n the car on traffic stops and calls because of that very possibility!! We dont get furnished phones.. I would advise to get the otterbox defender for your next one.. makes me feel a lot safer when the phone is in my pocket on a call instead of left n the car!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I agree.....the GN2 is so new that you probably stand a good chance of getting a brand new one. On the other hand, I got a refurb phone one time many years ago and they assured me it goes through even higher testing and it really was better than the original new one I had. So I think you'll be good!

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts

I didn't say I'm in Law Enforcement yet. I'm working my way into it following my fathers footsteps who was an Officer for 37 years before retiring. I have my college degree so now it's about staying (or getting) in great physical shape and going for it. Can't wait though!
    Hey, Shawn Spencer, is that you?! ;-)

[my apologies if you don't understand the reference]
    kris.richards likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post

Nope, I swear I'm not Shawn Spencer! I'm... I'm... Shawn Spencer!

Awww crap, my secret is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post

Nope, I swear I'm not Shawn Spencer! I'm... I'm... Shawn Spencer!

Awww crap, my secret is out.
    revtech and kris.richards like this.

I filed a claim on my GNEX last September (2012) and I got a brand new one surprisingly. Love the Psych references. Can't wait for the 27th!

Remember that RAZR Maxx HD I posted above from Asurion? It's no more - Verizon is sending my friend a Note II to replace that piece of crap after I convinced them to do it again. Glad I could as I've now gotten both my friend and I from the RAZR HD to the Note II. He can't wait!

Did you get a new one OP?
    taylorz_412 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Remember that RAZR Maxx HD I posted above from Asurion? It's no more - Verizon is sending my friend a Note II to replace that piece of crap after I convinced them to do it again. Glad I could as I've now gotten both my friend and I from the RAZR HD to the Note II. He can't wait!

Did you get a new one OP?
    Next time I need a replacement device I'll pm you lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    Next time I need a replacement device I'll pm you lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, I don't run a corporate office specializing in customer service representation. Honestly, it's all about knowing what you want, being polite, and making sure what you want is fair to both you and the corporation you're dealing with. I was able to prove his issues were the same as mine and was never asked to do any troubleshooting because I knew what I was talking about. Upon her supervisor exiting a meeting I received a call back offering me the Note II I had requested without any issue. This is a stand up effort by Verizon and I still can't understand why people rip on Verizon customer care. I guess in my case being polite and respectful goes a long way.

P.S. - I also got my friend out of a 2 year contract (3 months in) with T-Mobile. She was able to keep the phone(s) and both of her lines were let go with no Early Termination Fee (ETF).

Time to go and play with my Note II.
    taylorz_412 likes this.

The only comical part... for those of you who BASHED THE LIVING HELL out of the Verizon branding on the home button... look at that baby shine! Not a scratch! LOL
    LOL!! I'm surprised no one commented on this. Cracked me up!
    Aaron

We all appreciate your commitment to helping and protecting us all.........That being said, the suspect may have gotten away from me because I would've been on my knees crying at the death of my beloved Note 2.
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua O View Post
    We all appreciate your commitment to helping and protecting us all.........That being said, the suspect may have gotten away from me because I would've been on my knees crying at the death of my beloved Note 2.
    Haha, so funny....good thing you're not a cop! LOL!

Eclipse2K likes this.

I hear you man. I keep my note 2 in my bdu pant pocket and it goes nowhere. I miss the days of my droid x where I could keep it in my shirt pocket but oh well. This thing is awesome on my slow nights I can pop it right on top of my mdt keyboard and watch netflix! Congrats on making your arrest. Out of the 10 foot pursuits I have been in I have only caught 6. Some bad guys run like gazelles and it doesn't help we are wearing 2 tons of tools on us!

I learned that lesson years ago with a motorola razr. Im in the habit now of instantly putting the phone down in a safe place as soon as I enter the cruiser. I only wish I did the same with my $150 dollar shades before a traffic stop. Couple weeks ago initiated a stop and wouldnt you know the driver was all tweaked and instantly jetted. While in the foot chase shades fly and I instantly stopped and retrieved them. Then continued after him. I caught him but had to run alot farther than I liked.

Sorry, I don't run a corporate office specializing in customer service representation. Honestly, it's all about knowing what you want, being polite, and making sure what you want is fair to both you and the corporation you're dealing with. I was able to prove his issues were the same as mine and was never asked to do any troubleshooting because I knew what I was talking about. Upon her supervisor exiting a meeting I received a call back offering me the Note II I had requested without any issue. This is a stand up effort by Verizon and I still can't understand why people rip on Verizon customer care. I guess in my case being polite and respectful goes a long way.

P.S. - I also got my friend out of a 2 year contract (3 months in) with T-Mobile. She was able to keep the phone(s) and both of her lines were let go with no Early Termination Fee (ETF).

Time to go and play with my Note II.

Well that's not the case when they sexually harass you repeatedly every single time you call Verizon and won't do a Da*n thing to stop it! With me respect is a two way street if you won't respect me and violate my rights as a human being then you don't deserve my respect. Verizon's customer service doesn't understand that though.
    Gunner out!
    Samsung Stratosphere----> Piece of Junk Verizon Wireless------------> Almost Worthless Motorola Droid Razr M----> Priceless

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Thanks for your service. It really is appreciated. I will say that I sent in my Droid X about 6 months after introduction and got a refurbished one but you couldn't tell it and it ran perfect for as long as I had it. Loving my Note 2 now..

I know about bad guys, I was a Deputy Sheriff for 30 years, now retired living the good life. I'm waiting for the s4 to arrive. I love the note 2, but I need something with 1080p. I feel bad for your note 2, but duty calls. Be safe my brother. maybe the next note will be 1080.
    Joshua O likes this.

I dropped my note 2 last friday and shattered my screen, immediately put in my claim saturday by noon i had a brand new note 2 so I would think you'd definitely get a brand new Note!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast