Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes

Default Re: RIP Note 2... your shift is over

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    While on duty last night I arrested a guy for getting into someone else's car and stealing money from that vehicle. In the process of apprehending the suspect my phone fell from my coat. I found it an hour later in the road. Worst feeling EVER. I loved my Note 2 more than any person could possibly love a human baby. ugghhh... Asurion refurb phone here I come

Attachment 59247
    When you get your next note 2 from Asurion try this so the next time your phone screen will not crack but this temp glass

interesting, but steel scratches (they say its hard like steel) and I can't imagine it wouldn't interfere with the s pen or finger touches. wonder if anyone here has used it and can comment.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    interesting, but steel scratches (they say its hard like steel) and I can't imagine it wouldn't interfere with the s pen or finger touches. wonder if anyone here has used it and can comment.
    another company makes a similar product(forgot the name) and it was widely discredited in another thread(since I forgot the name, I can't figure out how to search for it)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

UPDATE: Good news... I got my replacement from Asurion. It came the next day and it is a NEW phone. I was also told to NOT send back my old battery or charger so now I have an extra battery and charger for my Note 2!!! Very pleased with Asurion... insurance worth every penny!
    Thanked by:
    toll, almath, Eclipse2K and 1 others like this.

UPDATE: Good news... I got my replacement from Asurion. It came the next day and it is a NEW phone. I was also told to NOT send back my old battery or charger so now I have an extra battery and charger for my Note 2!!! Very pleased with Asurion... insurance worth every penny!
    Told you so!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.
    reb422 and collett like this.

That is Awesome News! So happy for you! Even better on the extra battery and charger!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Thanked by:
    reb422 
    reb422 and fwhomeboy like this.

Ask Asurion for permission to sell or repair the Note 2 with cracked screen.

You can easily sell a Note 2 with just cracked screen on eBay for $310 or more.
    (the sad thing is that the AT&T or T-Mobile version of Note 2 can sell for
    a lot more than that... even with a cracked screen!)

Or you can have it repaired to near-new condition for under $100.

That's what my co-worker did. Asurion also told her NOT to ship back
    the Note 2. I advised her to write(not email) Asurion and get written
    documentation that she now OWNS the broken phone. Asurion sent
    her a letter that confirmed she didn't need to sent it back.

A couple of weeks later, she sold the cracked phone on eBay for $320.
    (minus ebay fees, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    Ask Asurion for permission to sell or repair the Note 2 with cracked screen.

You can easily sell a Note 2 with just cracked screen on eBay for $310 or more.
    (the sad thing is that the AT&T or T-Mobile version of Note 2 can sell for
    a lot more than that... even with a cracked screen!)

Or you can have it repaired to near-new condition for under $100.

That's what my co-worker did. Asurion also told her NOT to ship back
    the Note 2. I advised her to write(not email) Asurion and get written
    documentation that she now OWNS the broken phone. Asurion sent
    her a letter that confirmed she didn't need to sent it back.

A couple of weeks later, she sold the cracked phone on eBay for $320.
    (minus ebay fees, of course)
    I find it extremely odd that Asurion would allow this. Wouldn't they want to fix the phone and sell it to recoup some of the cost?

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    wait... has Asurion changed the way they handle claims?

when my almsot-brand-new Verizon Galaxy Nexus was destroyed, I called Asurion. A brand-new Galaxy Nexus next afternoon via FedEx.
    It was brand new in the box, just like you would find at a Verizon store... completely with all accessories. They also enclosed a padded
    envelope for me to mail back the destroyed Galaxy Nexus.. (oh... don't forget the $99 deductible, but it was totally worth it)
    Nope I just got a refurbished S3 from Asurion. White box with all the accessories that comes with a retail box. However, thus refurb is in great shape, unlike the vzw refurbs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblues View Post
    Nope I just got a refurbished S3 from Asurion. White box with all the accessories that comes with a retail box. However, thus refurb is in great shape, unlike the vzw refurbs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Tell me about it. I'm having an absolute nightmare with Verizon CLNR devices. The device is either scratched and nicked up right out of the box or fails within 5 hours but in perfect condition. I just want my nightmare to end and get a working device in the same shape I sent in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I find it extremely odd that Asurion would allow this. Wouldn't they want to fix the phone and sell it to recoup some of the cost?
    It really depends.... sometimes they want the phone back and sometimes they don't. I have no idea how they decide.

When my old Galaxy Nexus was destroyed, they wanted the pieces back. Yes, it was in two pieces. I mailed it back in the prepaid envelope they provided.

My co-worker's Note two had cracks, but not as back as the OP's Note 2. It was four or five long cracks running from one corner to the other. Asurions
    told her on the phone that she didn't need to send it back. She confirmed this by getting an actual letter from them stating this. Perhaps the Note 2 was
    too new at the time and they had no spare parts to perform the repairs? I thought it was because the Note 2's screen couldn't be replaced/repaird, but
    I later found out that it can cost as little as $95 to have it replaced professionally. (which makes me wonder if the Asurion insurance is really worth it,
    considering any claim comes with a $99 deductible)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123