RIP Note 2... your shift is over

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I didn't say I'm in Law Enforcement yet. I'm working my way into it following my fathers footsteps who was an Officer for 37 years before retiring. I have my college degree so now it's about staying (or getting) in great physical shape and going for it. Can't wait though! :)

Oh man,, sorry. At the time I posted that I was very distracted. Mixed you up with the op. My bad

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My friend dropped his RAZR HD Maxx and got his replacement from Asurion tonight.
da8edana.jpg

Brand new. :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No need to apologize. As I said I'm working my way into it and hope I'm strong enough to make it since it's not an easy job. I'm up for the challenge though! :)

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I sent my busted screen Note2 in and got a brand new one in the box with battery and charger. Br sure to take the old sim card out of your phone and replace the one in the new phone with it.

I was wondering about this... the Asurion person told me they were sending me a NEW sim card. I asked her if I should use it or the sim card that I currently have and she said I could use either one. Does it matter which one I use?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about this... the Asurion person told me they were sending me a NEW sim card. I asked her if I should use it or the sim card that I currently have and she said I could use either one. Does it matter which one I use?

No, you would just need to activate the new card if you chose that route.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are OK. I know its hard on the phone. But you're alive. Phones can be replaced....you can't. Stay safe!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On a side note... those Zagg screen protectors don't work at all against being run over by a car lol. For future reference...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for doing what you do! I have great respect and appreciation for you! Perhaps Verizon would show some support for what you do! Worth a shot! I hope you can get a new GN2! Btw I lived many many years in Illinois before moving to AZ weather!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for doing what you do! I have great respect and appreciation for you! Perhaps Verizon would show some support for what you do! Worth a shot! I hope you can get a new GN2! Btw I lived many many years in Illinois before moving to AZ weather!

I tried to plead with the Verizon support rep about getting a NEW Note 2 but they didn't care. They said it was totally on Asurion and that I should discuss it with them. I all but begged the Asurion rep for a new unit as well but she said that she has no control over that. Oh well... a refurb Note 2 is still better than ANY other new phone in my opinion.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried to plead with the Verizon support rep about getting a NEW Note 2 but they didn't care. They said it was totally on Asurion and that I should discuss it with them. I all but begged the Asurion rep for a new unit as well but she said that she has no control over that. Oh well... a refurb Note 2 is still better than ANY other new phone in my opinion.

Odds are you will receive a new in box unit based on my experience. The phone is new and my friend who just got his RAZR HD replaced got a new one. The Note II is slightly newer so you should be good.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Odds are you will receive a new in box unit based on my experience. The phone is new and my friend who just got his RAZR HD replaced got a new one. The Note II is slightly newer so you should be good.

I certainly hope so... that would be great

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your phone. I put my phone, the note 2 and before it the razr maxx, in a phone holder and it stays n the car on traffic stops and calls because of that very possibility!! We dont get furnished phones.. I would advise to get the otterbox defender for your next one.. makes me feel a lot safer when the phone is in my pocket on a call instead of left n the car!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I agree.....the GN2 is so new that you probably stand a good chance of getting a brand new one. On the other hand, I got a refurb phone one time many years ago and they assured me it goes through even higher testing and it really was better than the original new one I had. So I think you'll be good!

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say I'm in Law Enforcement yet. I'm working my way into it following my fathers footsteps who was an Officer for 37 years before retiring. I have my college degree so now it's about staying (or getting) in great physical shape and going for it. Can't wait though! :)

Hey, Shawn Spencer, is that you?! ;-)

[my apologies if you don't understand the reference]

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

:D

Nope, I swear I'm not Shawn Spencer! I'm... I'm... Shawn Spencer!

Awww crap, my secret is out.

- - - Updated - - -

:D

Nope, I swear I'm not Shawn Spencer! I'm... I'm... Shawn Spencer!

Awww crap, my secret is out.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I filed a claim on my GNEX last September (2012) and I got a brand new one surprisingly. Love the Psych references. Can't wait for the 27th!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Remember that RAZR Maxx HD I posted above from Asurion? It's no more - Verizon is sending my friend a Note II to replace that piece of crap after I convinced them to do it again. Glad I could as I've now gotten both my friend and I from the RAZR HD to the Note II. He can't wait! :D

Did you get a new one OP?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Remember that RAZR Maxx HD I posted above from Asurion? It's no more - Verizon is sending my friend a Note II to replace that piece of crap after I convinced them to do it again. Glad I could as I've now gotten both my friend and I from the RAZR HD to the Note II. He can't wait! :D

Did you get a new one OP?

Next time I need a replacement device I'll pm you lol;):cool::D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2