Can we get ID on voicemail?

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
My brother used to have an iPhone, now using the Note 2. He said that on the iPhone, whenever people left voicemails, there was a notification that actually showed the caller(s) who left those messages. With the Note 2, we get the missed call icon, and the voicemail icon, but we can't associate the 2. So if there are multiple voicemails, and multiple missed calls, we'd have to listen to the voicemails to find out who left them. Is there an app for this?
Thanks,

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help, but I don't think I explained my post very well. :)
I read up on Google Voice, and it's something different than what I am looking for.

What I'm asking about is this: supposed somebody leaves a voicemail on my phone, I'd see the voicemail icon at the upper left corner. Is it possible for me to find out (without having to listen to the voicemail) who the caller is? Maybe, if I tap the voicemail icon and the caller's number would appear? Or maybe there'd be some other type of notification icon that shows voicemail #1 from caller (800) 123-4567, voicemail #2 from caller (800) 123-4444,......

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
if you use Google voice for voicemail it does exactly what you want. That said, it seems there is a bug on our phone so you have to turn on text notifcation for voicemail as well so you'll actually get 2 notifications per voicemail. You even get a speech to text transcript (sometimes pretty good, other times not so great).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol