1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth vehicle problem with Note 2

Hello all,

I got my Galaxy Note 2 last month and I have to say that It's hands down the best phone I've ever had. That being said I'm having 1 minor problem with it that I need some help with. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe that has bluetooth in the vehicle so I can make and receive calls through the vehicle's stereo system. Whenever a phone connects to it it always needs to download the phone book and then you can hit a button and say call someone by name like call home. When my wife who has the GSIII has her phone connected to the system there is no problem it downloads her address book and she's able to use it normally. But when my Note 2 is connected it says that the address book is downloaded but I can't say a contact by name the car doesn't recognize it. I am only able to make calls via number. I had the car when I had my Droid Incredible 2 and did not have the same problem with it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Droid Incredible 1 July 2010-September 2011, Droid Incredible 2 September 2011-January 2013
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 January 2013-

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth vehicle problem with Note 2

I am having a very similar problem with my note 2 and my VW CC wanting to update the address book evertime I connect ant I am unable to voice dial through my car but can speak the numbers and it works. I also notice my bluetooth connection tends to go to sleep when not in the dialer. My wife's Galaxy S3 does not have this problem in my car and neither did my S2. I have posted my problem on several forums but gotten no real answers. I can not help but you are not alone. If I ever figure out out I will let you know.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I appreciate that at least it's nice knowing that it's not just me.

Droid Incredible 1 July 2010-September 2011, Droid Incredible 2 September 2011-January 2013
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 January 2013-

Quote Originally Posted by jopela View Post
    I am having a very similar problem with my note 2 and my VW CC wanting to update the address book evertime I connect ant I am unable to voice dial through my car but can speak the numbers and it works. I also notice my bluetooth connection tends to go to sleep when not in the dialer. My wife's Galaxy S3 does not have this problem in my car and neither did my S2. I have posted my problem on several forums but gotten no real answers. I can not help but you are not alone. If I ever figure out out I will let you know.
    I don't have a Note 2, but I do have the DNA. I'm wondering if you can answer a question for me. I have a VW Jetta and no matter how or what phone I use to connect to my car it always lists the contacts in my car's phonebook by last name so when I tell the car to call someone I have to speak their last name first. I was wondering if the phonebook in your CC did the same thing.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I just checked my phone book and they are all first name last name. I remember having a similar problem when I first got my CC where some names were first last and some were last first. I figured out that there was a setting in outlook that determined how names are displayed. once I set that to display first last and re synced my address book all was well

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, no phonebook connection

I have a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (new to me), and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can connect the bluetooth fine, but when it asks to download the phonebook and I give it permission on the phone dialogue, it times out and says "no phone book" and eventually disconnects the phone and I have to reconnect it. I've done all of this in every conceivable sequence with no different results. Could it be some sort of setting or something in the phone? Maybe where the phone book is stored, main memory or SD card? Or is there some other way to force the synchronization of the phone book?

Always try to sync when phone is connected thru usb.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Most cars from more than a couple years ago are only fully compatible with apple.

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted