I am addicted to....

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
What gpus and network cards are you using? Also, what are your machine specs? I had to rework someone's network settings to get it to work smooth for them.

I got that straight and then I had him do some hardware updates and it not only flies in gaming, but in general (modest pat on the back, lol! )

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Ed270

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have only experienced lag a few times I play on the Xbox it seems to be easier for me to play (I am and old guy too)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
What gpus and network cards are you using? Also, what are your machine specs? I had to rework someone's network settings to get it to work smooth for them.

I got that straight and then I had him do some hardware updates and it not only flies in gaming, but in general (modest pat on the back, lol! )

Ps3 for me

Sent from Note 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I play on XBOX 360 more than anything but the PC version is a lag filled mess from my experience when I tried it. I have a stock network card built into my machine but it provides me great internet and my specs are still considered amazing a year later. I have an Antec Case but that's not the key to performance. My Solid State Drive (SSD) is used for caching purposes. I'm able to run Battlefield 3 on both the XBOX 360 and PC without any lag. I can play Black Ops 1 with minimal issue and Modern Warfare 3 runs acceptably. Black Ops II is a disaster and it's been proven to be more of a camera issue rather than lag issue. In other words, while it's related to both, it can't be fixed for those of us without handicapping my connection for all games. I tried it all. Like yourself, I'm pretty handy with networking and my buddy who works IT said it's an impossible battle.

214490702.png

Attachments

• COMP.png
    COMP.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 47

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention my two precious cats. FANNIE and SOPHIE. Sophie is still a baby tho. 7 months old

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I play on XBOX 360 more than anything but the PC version is a lag filled mess from my experience when I tried it. I have a stock network card built into my machine but it provides me great internet and my specs are still considered amazing a year later. I have an Antec Case but that's not the key to performance. My Solid State Drive (SSD) is used for caching purposes. I'm able to run Battlefield 3 on both the XBOX 360 and PC without any lag. I can play Black Ops 1 with minimal issue and Modern Warfare 3 runs acceptably. Black Ops II is a disaster and it's been proven to be more of a camera issue rather than lag issue. In other words, while it's related to both, it can't be fixed for those of us without handicapping my connection for all games. I tried it all. Like yourself, I'm pretty handy with networking and my buddy who works IT said it's an impossible battle.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/214490702.png

Lol, I work in IT also. But I trust you as you said you have tried everything and had a fellow industry member check it out.

Hopefully they will resolve the bug for you soon.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I work in IT also. But I trust you as you said you have tried everything and had a fellow industry member check it out.

Hopefully they will resolve the bug for you soon.

The issue appears to be within the games coding rather than anything else. You can view the issue in detail at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Keep in mind this is split screen offline play. Imagine this with any form of latency and you're asking for trouble. The funny part is the game ran fine before the theatre mode was enabled again. It got even worse when Live Streaming went live weeks ago. And upgrading my router made it worse and I'm using the Asus router with A/C technology but its wired to my Xbox. My ISP noticed a line issue I complained about and upon fixing my internet got even better again and the lag on Black Ops 2 became worse. I ditched my modem for a new Motorola Surfboard 6141 and again my speeds and ping improved yet Black Ops 2 got even worse.

Seems odd doesn't it? I notice the smallest form of lag and now its just as the video showed. Less lag on every game except Black Ops 2. I can go back to Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 1 and see minimal lag. Modern Warfare 2 is nearly lag free and runs better than any other CoD in history.

Sorry for the wall of text. Lol. I'm just glad it runs great for you. Although it does make this whole situation even stranger. Maybe location? I'm from Illinois and I notice more lag than a friend from Florida. I'm paired with a lot of Canada players and a bunch of random Mexico players. I swear Mexico connections are sub par but that's a whole different conversation.

Sorry for the thread hijack. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
My Family
My Nexus 7
Other Gadgets
Mythbusters
Playing Music (Piano, cello, trumpet)
Flying RC vehicles
School friends

Tom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Djnaz

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Android Central (even though its possibly my 1st post i am a creeper ((minecraft))
My Note 2 (coming feb 20th)
Xbox (Halo 4, Battlefield 3)
PS3 (Gran Turismo + Logitech G27)
My Infiniti (Since my Z is gone)
Duck Dynasty

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could say...

Christ
My wife
My kids
My family
Others

But the honest truth is...

Myself
Chocolate
Food
Internet

...but I'm workin' on it.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Android Central (even though its possibly my 1st post i am a creeper ((minecraft))
My Note 2 (coming feb 20th)
Xbox (Halo 4, Battlefield 3)
PS3 (Gran Turismo + Logitech G27)
My Infiniti (Since my Z is gone)
Duck Dynasty

Not a Forza fan? I tried to enjoy GT5 but the game became repetitive doing the same race over and over just to unlock new ones. Not what I expected after the long development cycle.

Infiniti is awesome too. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Djnaz

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to try Forza... I'll have to try it out if you say its that good!

My main addiction has been my cars....Here is my List.
03 Sentra Se-R Spec V
03 350z
04 350z Vert
10 MazdaSpeed 3
09 G37X

Attachments

• sentra.jpg
    sentra.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 51
  • orangez.jpg
    orangez.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Sti SPeed3.jpg
    Sti SPeed3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49
  • infiniti.jpg
    infiniti.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 29

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
GMC Terrain (I'm crying to my mom like a lil sissy to buy it for me)
Note II
puppies
Android Central
Hair products (I'm a product junkie)
Ebay(I love to bid!! and buy!!!)
Amazon (my heart will be crush next year when TN residents have to start paying sales tax T^T)
Korean dramas (Asian dramas for that matter)
Big Bang (Korean band)
AND CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!