Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Just got home from Best Buy, Note 2 in hand!!

Just got my new beast, and am LOVING IT!! But I do have a question: has anyone else ever experienced an issue with the play store where the "my apps" button doesn't show up at all in the store? I'm trying to DL my apps from my Nexus 7 tied to my gmail, but alas...no dice. When I have an update available it will take me to the "my apps" section, but once I close out, I can't get back to it....

Anyone got any ideas?

Default Re: Just got home from Best Buy, Note 2 in hand!!

It's setup different than the Nexus 7 (which just has the little arrow at the top to get to "My Apps). On the Note 2 (same on my old Thunderbolt), once in Google Play hit the menu key and it'll be an option listed at the top. Oh, and congrats on getting the phone!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

AHHHHHHHHHHH there we go! Thanks for the assistance. I'm loving this thing so far...I'm transferring to my SD card now...so much better than my iPhone. It's like a refreshing breath of air. haha I can't wait to get my UAG Scout case.

Congratulations! I will have mine a month Feb10. Love it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Welcome to to the family

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    pjpinella likes this.

Nice dood, welcome! Such a cool device.

So jealous...I can't get mine until the 21st. Case arrived in the mail yesterday and now the waiting is that much more terrible. Congrats though and enjoy.

Good move. This is the best phone that I have had. Like my friends say,you get a new phone every year and they are right. BTW if you use the calendar wait till you try this one. You use your stylus and can write your appointment free hand.
    Just love my GN4

Congratulations, I know the feeling when i got the phone too, except mine was a horrible experience at the Verizon store at Grand Central here in NYC.... LOL I got mine back in December and I cannot put it down...i hardly use my Ipad now unless it is work related.....
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea I'm enjoying it immensely. Spent all last night getting my apps situated, Nova Launcher organized, and played around with it. I just took it of the charger 30min ago...let's test out this legendary battery life....

Welcome aboard! I would also recommend trying Android Pro Widgets, great stuff for Calendar, Facebook, Twitter, Contacts, Messaging, etc. Have fun, kinda hard not to with this phone.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by g6music View Post
    haha I can't wait to get my UAG Scout case.
    Definitely give a review of that Urban Armor case, I'm thinking about getting the same but I'm worried it's going to be too bulky
    I wish Quadlock or Rokform would make a solid case for the Note2, I thought this case would be mountable but I have yet to see any

I had a customer today out with his girl friend. He wouldn't put his Note2 away. Lol. She was kind of irritated. Feeling ignored. He told me he had just gotten it. Mine is white. His too. He wanted white sunglasses. Found him Oakleys. So he has his sunglasses and his white Note2. Told him Samsung has a white Bluetooth. He broke out laughing as she made him take her to Starbucks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    Eclipse2K likes this.

Did they price match? Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Djnaz View Post
    Did they price match? Amazon?
    My Best Buy price matched Amazon no problem. Bought my Note 2 there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by lindseybp View Post
    My Best Buy price matched Amazon no problem. Bought my Note 2 there yesterday.
    Nice! I still have 12 loooooooooong days.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yea Amazon price matched for $189 for me. And as soon as they get the UAG cases back in stock, I'll grab one and post a review. haha

Does anyone have any suggestions on keyboards? not a fan of the Samsung keyboard, the Swype keyboard, but I LOVE the stock JB one on my Nexus 7. Anyone have any favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by Djnaz View Post
    Nice! I still have 12 loooooooooong days.
    Same here...and it is killing me. Got some serious time with my sister's last night and am even more anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by g6music View Post
    not a fan of the Samsung keyboard
    I actually really like the stock keyboard on the note!

Check out SwiftKey (there is a free version and paid version). I think it's pretty customizable, a lot of folks seem to love it.

Looks like there is a JB Keyboard as well, I may give this one a try myself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VsbHkuZnJlZSJd

Does Best Buy have the same type of TOS policy like Amazon that you have to keep the phone you purchase on the line you buy it on for 181 days?

If not........

Can Best Buy transfer an uprade to a dumb line, purchase/activate new GN2, then move the phone to an unlimited line line?

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!
    Margie - Galaxy Note 4

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    Does Best Buy have the same type of TOS policy like Amazon that you have to keep the phone you purchase on the line you buy it on for 181 days?

If not........

Can Best Buy transfer an uprade to a dumb line, purchase/activate new GN2, then move the phone to an unlimited line line?

I asked at my local Best Buy and was told it was no longer possible to do that kind of switch. When I mentioned that I hear of people doing it all the time he said when he calls Verizon they tell him that the customer will loose their unlimited data. I left Best Buy and stopped at my local Go Wireless store and they did the switch no problem so I still have my unlimited data. I have a feeling that it just depends on which Best Buy you go to.

I just picked up my N2 four days ago and am in heaven! My last three phones have been the BB Storm, Storm 2 and the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm finally happy with my purchase.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Keegen39 View Post
    I asked at my local Best Buy and was told it was no longer possible to do that kind of switch. When I mentioned that I hear of people doing it all the time he said when he calls Verizon they tell him that the customer will loose their unlimited data. I left Best Buy and stopped at my local Go Wireless store and they did the switch no problem so I still have my unlimited data. I have a feeling that it just depends on which Best Buy you go to.

I just picked up my N2 four days ago and am in heaven! My last three phones have been the BB Storm, Storm 2 and the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm finally happy with my purchase.

Ugh, complete bs. You only lose unlimited unthrottled 4glte on the line that the upgrade was used, yu can move the phone to another line without affecting the unlimited unthrottled 4glte. I upgraded at best buy and told the csr what I was doing, he switched sims from my old gs3 to the note 2 no problems. My line still shows unlimited unthrottled 4glte.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by Keegen39 View Post

Hmmmm, so why would 'Go Wireless' (not sure who that is) be able to do it and Best Buy wouldn't? But thank you for sharing what you were told.

Margie - Galaxy Note 4

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Ugh, complete bs. You only lose unlimited unthrottled 4glte on the line that the upgrade was used, yu can move the phone to another line without affecting the unlimited unthrottled 4glte. I upgraded at best buy and told the csr what I was doing, he switched sims from my old gs3 to the note 2 no problems. My line still shows unlimited unthrottled 4glte.

This is what I thought too! I know a lot of people have said that Best Buy CAN Transfer an unlimited upgrade to a DUMB line that has no data, therefore no data to lose, activate new GN2 then put dumb phone back on and move the new GN2 to the unlimited line after doing a new sim card! Hence not making any changes to the unlimited line!

I did an online chat at VZW laying out this scenario and they said YES they could even do it, I said can a corporate store do it, online rep said Yes, absolutely! Went to corporate store with printed chat in hand and they said NO that is Fraud and we could lose our jobs! OMG! They were nasty! They even went so far as to tell me, I Couldn't transfer an upgrade! Made me feel like I was a thief! I said, well I have the online 'Transfer Upgrade' tool so it.does allow me to transfer the upgrade....manager replies, well its different obline, and when you move the new phone back to your line YOUR UNLIMITED will drop off! I know they can't control someone swapping phones between thier own lines. What a mess that would be!

Margie - Galaxy Note 4

I don't see the big deal, if bb doesn't do it simply just swap sims yourself, then if you have a dumb phone, simply do the dumb phone to smartphone switch online. If you want to do a phantom line, then you will have to call in. Yes, differing policy in stores suck, but it isn't worth the hassle fighting about it in store, imo, when you can do it yourself. Similarly, when i went to get my thunderbolt in store, they refused to let me do a one year contract. I didn't even bother to argue, just went online and did it instead.

a while ago when adding mhs would give you unlimited unthrottled 4glte. If you asked to switch to unlimited unthrottled 4glte, they would say no for sure. But ask for mhs, and they may switch you to unlimited unthrottled 4glte. I did this for a friend of mine and my friend still has unlimited unthrottled 4glte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast