Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Stock email program

    I don't know of I'm going crazy but I sware the background color on the email was white now all of a sudden it is black. Can someone conferm this. I cannot find the option to change it.
    Last edited by SupperDroid; 02-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    WOW... 163 views and not one person can look and see if they have the option to change background color on email app.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    I have never seen anything like that after playing around with the stock email app. Usually the only way that you could change the colors of built in apps like that is to flash a ROM that is themed but since it sounds like you haven't done that I don't know for sure. Does it make it unreadable?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Grey letters on black is very hard to read out in the sun light until you open the email the it reverses. But I am almost sure it was white with black text before. I think I will Odin the rom again and see if that fixes it. I noticed this change when I edited my features .xml file to add the camera shutter sound control. However I have replaced the file with the backup and no change.
  5. #5  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    Grey letters on black is very hard to read out in the sun light until you open the email the it reverses. But I am almost sure it was white with black text before. I think I will Odin the rom again and see if that fixes it. I noticed this change when I edited my features .xml file to add the camera shutter sound control. However I have replaced the file with the backup and no change.
    Can you please screen capture this and post

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    This is what it looks like when I open the email app




    And this is what it looks like when I open the message





    It used to open in white with black text. I am sure of it. If there is no fix I think I will Odin the rom again and see .
  7. #7  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    This is what it looks like when I open the email app




    And this is what it looks like when I open the message





    It used to open in white with black text. I am sure of it. If there is no fix I think I will Odin the rom again and see .
    I actually would prefer it black as it uses less battery. What rom are you currently using. And you said you made some xml changes or something. What was the change you made exactly

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    I am on stock rom, the changes were to activate the camera shutter sound control (system/csc/features.xml) which did not work. It's no big deal I can live with black, just I am sure it used to be white. Some day I will have to Odin the rom again and then I will know weather I was dreaming or not.
  9. #9  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Quote Originally Posted by SupperDroid View Post
    I am on stock rom, the changes were to activate the camera shutter sound control (system/csc/features.xml) which did not work. It's no big deal I can live with black, just I am sure it used to be white. Some day I will have to Odin the rom again and then I will know weather I was dreaming or not.
    Try settings> applications> all> email> clear data

    This will wipe the app. Then re-enter the app and resync. Let me know if it changes back to white

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Nope still black, I am beginning to think that it is the default and for some reason I am imagining things. Thanks for all your help.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Stock email program

    Mine is white. Try calling Samsung directly but I suggest from a landline so they can trouble shoot

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  12. #12  

    Default Stock email program

    If you choose to switch email apps Aquamail gives this flexibility and is a great app with tons of customization.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Similar Threads

  1. Selecting multiple emails for deletion in stock email program
    By harry_fine in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 04:39 PM
  2. Email program that lets you archive gmail messages.
    By Paladin in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
  3. HTC email program missing text from hotmail/iphone
    By alear in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 02:28 PM
  4. email program
    By muddy00 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
  5. Email Program
    By webbie721 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

B