Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Added a 64gb sd card, moved video to it, but internal memory will not update

I added a 64gb sandisk card to my galaxy note 2, formatted it, and began moving videos from my internal memory to the external card. It worked, the videos are no longer searchable on my internal memory and they can be found on the external card, but my internal memory says the videos are still there. Is there anyway the videos are on both the internal and external memory? I tried restarting my phone to see if it would update but it doesn't.

Default Re: Added a 64gb sd card, moved video to it, but internal memory will not update

Quote Originally Posted by bryceomeara View Post
    I added a 64gb sandisk card to my galaxy note 2, formatted it, and began moving videos from my internal memory to the external card. It worked, the videos are no longer searchable on my internal memory and they can be found on the external card, but my internal memory says the videos are still there. Is there anyway the videos are on both the internal and external memory? I tried restarting my phone to see if it would update but it doesn't.
    make sure they are on the card and then try deleting from the internal memory?

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Default Re: Added a 64gb sd card, moved video to it, but internal memory will not update

How did you move them? I use Astro file manager or plug it into the laptop. I do the same with my music.

Sent by Accident

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bryceomeara View Post
    Perhaps you didn't move it to external and only moved it to "sdcard"(which is still internal)

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    How did you move them? I use Astro file manager or plug it into the laptop. I do the same with my music.

Sent by Accident
    when you open the stock file manager (my files) you'll notice that two directories should be present....sdcard0 and extsdcard.....sdcard0 is the phone's internal memory. so if you find the vids on the sdcard0 select the ones you want to move (check the box next to them), then touch the menu icon at the top right corner (3lines), select move...it will then go back to the choice of storage and extsdcard is what you want, locate the file there you want it in and the choice at the top is "cancel" or "move here".....move here is what you want.