Galaxy Note 1 for an android newbie?

nwfrog

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am considering moving from the iphone to the Galaxy Note 2. Off contract they are very expensive and i am not 100% sure it will work for me. I have a chance to purchase the Galaxy note 1 for much less than the 2 and would like your opinion on this device. Has it been upgraded to Jelly Bean? Is the screen anywhere near as good? Are there any reasons to ignore the first one? My plans are to get the Note 1 and then move to the 3 whenever it comes out.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note 1 for an android newbie

I am considering moving from the iphone to the Galaxy Note 2. Off contract they are very expensive and i am not 100% sure it will work for me. I have a chance to purchase the Galaxy note 1 for much less than the 2 and would like your opinion on this device. Has it been upgraded to Jelly Bean? Is the screen anywhere near as good? Are there any reasons to ignore the first one? My plans are to get the Note 1 and then move to the 3 whenever it comes out.

I have the OG note and it is a decent phone. Not nearly as smooth nor does it have the battery life of the note 2 from what I've read. I have only played with the note 2 in store. If u are worried about the size then I'd do exactly what u are saying buy the note 1 and see if u like that big if a phone. I found the note on Craig's list bought it for a decent price because I wasn't sure about the size. Kept it for about 6 months and realized it was to big . Also the note is only on ICS 4.0.4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The 2 is an awesome device. Fluid and very smooth. Pricey without contract. Play with it at the store. Make sure you like it. Screen is big but I don't have any problems with it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams