Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    I am one Happy Girl to finally have a GN2! So after so much craziness trying to 'Transfer' my unlimited line to my dumb line to get the phone and then move it to my unlimited, I was hitting a total wall, I went to Best Buy last night...they were so awesome and tried everything possible to do the transfer, but no Go! It pops up as an "Alternative" upgrade, and they couldn't do that. He said even if I tried to do it online myself, that when I went to transfer the phone to my unlimited, the Unlimited would drop off! I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

    Anyway, I added another $10 line to my account. BB matched Amazon for the price of the Note 2 on a new line and I paid $149.99 for the phone!! Awesome! VZW even gave the BB rep a hard time when he went to change the sim card and it wouldn't go through to move the GN2 to my unlimited and he had to call them.....they were asking him a million questions, he played it cool and totally got the job done!

    As far as the GN2.....WOW and Boy do I have a Lot to Learn!!!! Soooooo different from my 'now old' Thunderbolt!! I am sure I will have loooooots of questions and Thank you and Android Central all in advance for all the great support in these forums!

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Last edited by GregMar; 02-10-2013 at 08:41 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Enjoy the phone!!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    GregMargie likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjay1641 View Post
    Enjoy the phone!!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thank you so much! I have a lot to learn!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,645 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    Thank you so much! I have a lot to learn!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Congrats . Just feel free to ask

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    collett likes this.
  5. #5  
    elvisgp's Avatar

    Posts
    653 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Welcome! Glad you finally got your note 2!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Congrats!! I am still in the "honeymoon" phase and am learning all I can do with this phone as well. It is by far the best phone I have ever had. Just continue to read here, there are many great people and can help with anything you need.
    Thanked by:
    GregMargie likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Congrats . Just feel free to ask

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    Welcome! Glad you finally got your note 2!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thank you both so much! Appreciate it! I will definitely ask away if I can't find a thread on a topic.


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Just got a note 2 yesterday and couldnt be happier!
    GregMargie likes this.
  9. #9  
    braxtoq's Avatar

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Hey welcome to the Gn2! I was also a Thunderbolt user with unlimited data, I am now on the 2GB per month plan and I think I will be fine even with streaming Pandora, Google Music and SiriusXM. It wint take you long to get used to the Note2. Good luck with it!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    GregMargie likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by qICEM4Np View Post
    Just got a note 2 yesterday and couldnt be happier!
    Congrats to you as well!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Have had mine a month now. LOVE IT. you will too!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    dominick_7 and GregMargie like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!
    Sorry to hear this. With absolute no evidence to back it up, I still believe keeping unlimited is possible via transfers if you do it manually yourself. I'll find out soon enough when I decide on a phone to upgrade my second line with.

    Congrats on finally getting the phone. At least you got a really good deal on the price of the phone. I didn't add a line, but paid $299 Verizon price.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    Sorry to hear this. With absolute no evidence to back it up, I still believe keeping unlimited is possible via transfers if you do it manually yourself. I'll find out soon enough when I decide on a phone to upgrade my second line with.

    Congrats on finally getting the phone. At least you got a really good deal on the price of the phone. I didn't add a line, but paid $299 Verizon price.
    Well, I certainly want to give very special THANKS to you for all your Help! I probably should have tried what you said, but I think I may have just gotten frustrated and anxious about the whole thing!

    I think in the end: Yes, I added a totally needless 4th line, but will just cancel my 3rd dumb line when it comes up in Aug. and then will be back to 3 total lines. because I got such a great price on the phone (149.99) I think I actually came out ahead! my hubby who doesnt really care or use a lot of data may just have to lose his unlimited to get subsidized phone. Thanks again so much and please let me know if you are able to do it!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    I am one Happy Girl to finally have a GN2! So after so much craziness trying to 'Transfer' my unlimited line to my dumb line to get the phone and then move it to my unlimited, I was hitting a total wall, I went to Best Buy last night...they were so awesome and tried everything possible to do the transfer, but no Go! It pops up as an "Alternative" upgrade, and they couldn't do that. He said even if I tried to do it online myself, that when I went to transfer the phone to my unlimited, the Unlimited would drop off! I dont know how VZW could control 'swapping' phones between your lines.....but they are really getting tough on all this!

    Anyway, I added another $10 line to my account. BB matched Amazon for the price of the Note 2 on a new line and I paid $149.99 for the phone!! Awesome! VZW even gave the BB rep a hard time when he went to change the sim card and it wouldn't go through to move the GN2 to my unlimited and he had to call them.....

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Congratulations on the new phone. The key is to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade was used on first. Then you can swap sims any time, no problems. You can even move your sim to a tablet and your tablet would have unlimited data, even though there is no unlimited data plan for tablets. You would still have to pay the voice charge on the line though.

    Btw, did you get the $50 bb gc?

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Congratulations on the new phone. The key is to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade was used on first. Then you can swap sims any time, no problems. You can even move your sim to a tablet and your tablet would have unlimited data, even though there is no unlimited data plan for tablets. You would still have to pay the voice charge on the line though.

    Btw, did you get the $50 bb gc?

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    Thank you so much! Yes, he did activate the phone on the line that was upgraded. The sim was just not taking when he moved it to my unlimited. Got it worked out though.

    No didnt get the $50 gift card. That was starting the next day, I actually got better than that as they matched Amazon and I got the Note 2 for $149.99!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    Thank you so much! Yes, he did activate the phone on the line that was upgraded. The sim was just not taking when he moved it to my unlimited. Got it worked out though.

    No didnt get the $50 gift card. That was starting the next day, I actually got better than that as they matched Amazon and I got the Note 2 for $149.99!


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    In theory, you could have pm and gotten the gc. Ymmv of course. BB pm policy explicitly states no pm on mobile phones but many stores do it. Btw, dell had the note 2 for less but I was told by a csr that they only pm physical stores, so no go for me there. Of course, I can't remember the last time I saw an Amazon b&m...


    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Congrats! I'm always happy when someone upgrades from a Thunderbolt, seeing that we had to tolerate so much from that guinea-pig phone! Myself included! You may notice you will go through more internet data with your new Note 2 versus your Thunderbolt. I go through more than 6GB of data monthly on average. Fortunately, I kept my grandfathered Verizon 4G by forking out full retail price...but that's another topic.
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
  18. #18  
    npunk42's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Good for you! Its a fine device. Be sure to get a good case for it. Don't drop it! That screen is fragile, it doesn't take much impact to reduce it to shards.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    Congrats! I'm always happy when someone upgrades from a Thunderbolt, seeing that we had to tolerate so much from that guinea-pig phone! Myself included! You may notice you will go through more internet data with your new Note 2 versus your Thunderbolt. I go through more than 6GB of data monthly on average. Fortunately, I kept my grandfathered Verizon 4G by forking out full retail price...but that's another topic.
    Thank you so much and I hear you on the Thunderbolt! Mine had it's issues but it wasn't as bad as some people I knew. I too, still have unlimited, although not a heavy surfer, gamer or movie watcher on my phone, but nice to have it if I need it, for now at least!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by npunk42 View Post
    Good for you! Its a fine device. Be sure to get a good case for it. Don't drop it! That screen is fragile, it doesn't take much impact to reduce it to shards.
    Thank you very much! I am definitely getting a case, Amazon, here I come! Yes, a bit scary to even think of dropping it! I did get the Best Buy Insurance....seems like a pretty good deal. $10 per month, unlimited claims and the only thing not covered is lost or stolen.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by GregMar View Post
    Thank you very much! I am definitely getting a case, Amazon, here I come! Yes, a bit scary to even think of dropping it! I did get the Best Buy Insurance....seems like a pretty good deal. $10 per month, unlimited claims and the only thing not covered is lost or stolen.
    You can pay 2 years in advance for around $170. If you upgrade or want to cancel before 2 years, they will refund you prorated.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  22. #22  
    Droid_Evo_8's Avatar

    Posts
    788 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Welcome, former Nexus (and Thunderbolt) owner here too. LOL
    greggbll likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can pay 2 years in advance for around $170. If you upgrade or want to cancel before 2 years, they will refund you prorated.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    Thank you. I was given that option, just couldn't afford that option right now.


    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Congrats! It's an AMAZING device! Besides getting a good case (Otterbox, Seidio, Ditztronic etc are a few), be sure to also get a good screen protector asap (Voyager 2, Just like Glass, SGP etc) because if there are any scratches on the screen, that takes away the integrity in the compressed gorilla glass making it very prone to breaking.. and sand which is harder than glass, which will scratch it can easily fly in the air into your pocket or your screen.
    Thanked by:
    GregMargie likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Finally New Note 2 Owner!

    Quote Originally Posted by dominick_7 View Post
    Congrats! It's an AMAZING device! Besides getting a good case (Otterbox, Seidio, Ditztronic etc are a few), be sure to also get a good screen protector asap (Voyager 2, Just like Glass, SGP etc) because if there are any scratches on the screen, that takes away the integrity in the compressed gorilla glass making it very prone to breaking.. and sand which is harder than glass, which will scratch it can easily fly in the air into your pocket or your screen.
    Thank You so much. I have a lot to learn, but will get there. It is extremely different from the Thunderbolt, that is for sure! I ordered a case and screen protector from Amazon, pictures below. My GN2 is white, and as a woman I don't mind about the bulk of this case....in fact will prefer it for protection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally New Note 2 Owner!-note-2-case.jpg   Finally New Note 2 Owner!-screen-protector.jpg  
    Last edited by GregMar; 02-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Josphe72 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any new Moment owners? Thoughts and impressions?
    By prot0type in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:23 AM
  2. New Note 2 owner here!
    By ledvedder in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  3. New Note 2 Owner with Some Questions
    By digital0verdose in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
  4. New Note 2 Owner (YAY!) with some questions...
    By rebelguy in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 12:38 AM
  5. new happy Note owner
    By max_stirling in forum AT&T Galaxy Note
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Posting Permissions

B