Phone no longer charges. Ugh. any suggestions?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I went to plug my phone into my charger and it said usb was connected. doesn't show my phone is charging. it's hooked up to the wall outlet. I tried two different plugs and nothing. I changed batteries and nothing. I restarted twice and nothing. any suggestions before I throw it at all the wall and call Verizon for a new one? (minus the throwing at walll)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to plug my phone into my charger and it said usb was connected. doesn't show my phone is charging. it's hooked up to the wall outlet. I tried two different plugs and nothing. I changed batteries and nothing. I restarted twice and nothing. any suggestions before I throw it at all the wall and call Verizon for a new one? (minus the throwing at walll)
you said you tryed 2 different plugs, have you tried different cable or charger?

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
yes sir, just now hooked it up to my laptop with a new cord and didn't even get a pop up or anything. The cords do work because they worked on my s3..so I'm guessing the charging port is now shot on the phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yes sir, just now hooked it up to my laptop with a new cord and didn't even get a pop up or anything. The cords do work because they worked on my s3..so I'm guessing the charging port is now shot on the phone.

most likely, take a look and see if the tab inside the phone port is centered

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya know, I was looking at it and to me I thought it was sitting a little low so I pushed up a bit.. well I thought I pushed it up a bit but it did not work. I know the cord connected because when I connected it it had said usb connected in the status bar. then nothing, no charge or anything. so I don't know. thankfully I have that 4000mah battery and two 3500mah haha.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like its defective. But to make sure go into a Verizon store. If you call customer care and a replacement I'd sent to you and they think human error faltered it,they will charge you full retail for the replacement. When my Rezound went defective on be TWO days before I was to get my Note2 delivered to me they told be if damaged by human error they would charge me! So I went into the store and the port was indeed defective. But what made that visit nice was they gave be a loaner phone since I would be without. Just be sure its defective. And take the chargers with you too....could be the charger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like its defective. But to make sure go into a Verizon store. If you call customer care and a replacement I'd sent to you and they think human error faltered it,they will charge you full retail for the replacement. When my Rezound went defective on be TWO days before I was to get my Note2 delivered to me they told be if damaged by human error they would charge me! So I went into the store and the port was indeed defective. But what made that visit nice was they gave be a loaner phone since I would be without. Just be sure its defective. And take the chargers with you too....could be the charger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

I'm 100 percent sure it's not the charger as I have now used three other chargers and they all work on my S3 but not on my Note 2. Sadly I don't even trust the techs at the stores here. Then again I can't trust the CS on the phone either.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
boom! shipping tomorrow, have on Wednesday.. so.. next question..

what apps do I need to transfer everything over? I'm more concerned about all the apps I have. What app can I get that will back up the list of apps and find them in play store so I don't have to search for everything.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
When you logon the new phone with your Google account, Play will know who you are and your apps will reload. Locally stored app data? Sorry. :(

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
boom! shipping tomorrow, have on Wednesday.. so.. next question..

what apps do I need to transfer everything over? I'm more concerned about all the apps I have. What app can I get that will back up the list of apps and find them in play store so I don't have to search for everything.

Download Carbon Backup. It will backup apps and their data and you can resync it once you get that new one. It's about time Android got some of that kind of love without being rooted.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone is also having charging issues. It does show charging icon but the battery level remains constant or charges extremely slowly. Occasionally it charges normally and then goes back to no-charge/slow-charge. I guess it is faulty charging port .... So I am just about to order this (Amazon.com: Samsung Note2 Stand and Spare Battery Charger (3100mAh Battery Included): Cell Phones & Accessories)

I got that charger and battery too since I try not to use the charging port as much as I can since I learned my lesson on my Nexus. (somehow broke the charging port from charging it too much) LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon