1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I am getting Terrible battery life with my Note 2

I have had my note for 3 weeks now, first week and a half i was super impressed with my battery life. Now I am getting approximately the same battery life as I was getting with my Galaxy s phone. I work in a between a jail and courthouse, and I know that my phone looks for signal alot, but the guys I work with that have Iphones never have problems with their phones. Even on Saturday when I didn't work, I took my phone off the charger at 100% and by about 3-4 oclock I was around 30% which is worse than my Fascinates battery power. I have my gps turned off most of the time, and I am connecting to wi-fi every chance I get, I am on power save mode, and I put my phone on airplane mode quite a bit when I go into the jail to save power, and it still seems to go down really fast. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that may help? I love my Note 2 but am getting frusterated with this problem.

Default Re: I am getting Terrible battery life with my Note 2

Wifi does use more battery. If you have a task killer remove it. Android doesn't need a task killer. When I first got mine I let the battery drain completely and I still do this once a month. I do this with every smartphone. I have my brightness lowered.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Wifi uses more battery? I've found the opposite to be true. I keep brightness at 100 % and easily get 36 hours between charges with moderate usage.

To the OP, have you used GSAM to see what is using most of your battery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by bdhanson View Post
    I have had my note for 3 weeks now, first week and a half i was super impressed with my battery life. Now I am getting approximately the same battery life as I was getting with my Galaxy s phone. I work in a between a jail and courthouse, and I know that my phone looks for signal alot, but the guys I work with that have Iphones never have problems with their phones. Even on Saturday when I didn't work, I took my phone off the charger at 100% and by about 3-4 oclock I was around 30% which is worse than my Fascinates battery power. I have my gps turned off most of the time, and I am connecting to wi-fi every chance I get, I am on power save mode, and I put my phone on airplane mode quite a bit when I go into the jail to save power, and it still seems to go down really fast. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that may help? I love my Note 2 but am getting frusterated with this problem.
    Check to see whats killing the battery. Samsungs radios aren't the best. IPhone radios are solid (not trolling) but just check to see whats causing the drain. I know my DNA battery dies fast when its searching for 4g. So if you are in and out of 4g you could just turn off lte And use 3g in the bad area/connect to WiFi.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Wifi uses more battery? I've found the opposite to be true. I keep brightness at 100 % and easily get 36 hours between charges with moderate usage.

For me yes. Wifi uses more

sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok, I don't have an app killer, the majority of what kills my battery is my screen. the last couple days I have noticed that the preloaded document editor/reader is towards the top of the list, even if I haven't looked at anything. But even if Wifi uses more battery, I should still get more out of my battery
    Thanked by:

Try to pull battery and sim and let sit A few minutes. Or clear cache by turning the phone off then press and hold both home and volume up key simultaneously, then press anf hold power button as well.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post

100% brightness and still gets 36 hours? What's your screen time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    For me yes. Wifi uses more

WiFi should always use less.unless u have a bad connection

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Evo_8 View Post
    100% brightness and still gets 36 hours? What's your screen time?
    About 8 - 10 hours.

Duplicate

It sounds to me that something might be wrong. There is no question that searching for signal is brutal on battery life, but this phone has great radios. I'd your friends using an iphone are on the same provider you shouldn't be having a problem.

The app you mentioned could also be causing a problem. You may want to try uninstalling it and see if the problem stops. The last thing to try is a factory reset. If that doesn't solve it you may want to exchange it as defective.

Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

It needs screenshots of both battery graphs as well as a screenshot of screen on time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2