2 new apps added to my split screen view - mystery

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a mystery to me which I have no explanation. I just noticed that 2 of my most used third party apps (MX Player, Calengoo) are added to my split screen view on my Verizon Note 2. My Note 2 is un-rooted, and I have no idea how this happened. Unfortunately, I cannot edit my split screen in any way, other than to remove apps. Weird. I am attaching a screenshot pic of this.

Casey

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-12-09-56-05.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-12-09-56-05.png
    672.4 KB · Views: 70

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason Papyrus shows up in mine as well. Maybe they added the option for 3rd party apps with that OTA? No idea, not complaining though! Notes and Netflix. Great combo.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea, and chrome. Those I know about though. There's a thread on XDA that has a few popular apps that have been edited to work with multi-window without root

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, and chrome. Those I know about though. There's a thread on XDA that has a few popular apps that have been edited to work with multi-window without root

So are you able to add Chrome and Netflix yourself? Or did these apps just one day mysteriously show up in your split screen view? I opened my Netflix app, but didn't see any way to add to my split screen view. As for Chrome, I don't care for this browser for phones because it doesn't seem to support Flash videos, but I would love to add Firefox to my split screen view (Firefox does work with Flash for video playback).

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
So are you able to add Chrome and Netflix yourself? Or did these apps just one day mysteriously show up in your split screen view? I opened my Netflix app, but didn't see any way to add to my split screen view. As for Chrome, I don't care for this browser for phones because it doesn't seem to support Flash videos, but I would love to add Firefox to my split screen view (Firefox does work with Flash for video playback).
Here is the link to the xda post that has the edited apk's that you can download, install and use in multi-window with no root. There are 10 or so of really common apps (Netflix, Chrome).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel