Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

    Edit: I forgot to include the $50 gift card that Best Buy gave me for registering
    my phone number last week. It printed out and I had it applied to the phone purchase
    immediately. So the final total was $79 plus tax.

    Pricematch worked at another Best Buy stores as of this morning(2/14).
    Didn't even have to say much... just "will you match Dell.com's $129 price?"
    The manager came over and did the override, looking very bored, like "yes,
    we'll match any price, just buy the darn phone and get out of my store so
    I can go take a 3-hour lunch/nap!

    Now I have four Galaxy Note II phones! Yes, I know it's a sickness by now



    --- original message below---
    I could not resist the $129 price, so I bought another VZW Galaxy Note 2.

    I showed up at Best Buy and asked them to match Dell's $129 price.
    The manger instantly said "okay, but we only have it in white!" (fine by me!

    Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones
    $129 applies to add a line or new accts. For upgrades, it's $149.

    For those who have recently bought the phone at Best Buy, you can
    get a pricematch and get some money back.

    As with all things at Best Buy, it's YMMV. Some nasty managers will
    absolutely not match it. If that's the case, drive to the next Best Buy
    store and try your luck there. My nearest Best Buy has always matched
    prices with Amazon Wireless, Let's Talk, Wirefly, and now Dell.

    By the way, this is not an endorsement of Best Buy. If you prefer,
    go ahead and buy it directly from Dell. (or anybody that will sell
    it at $129 or lower!)
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #2  

    Default Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgrade)

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    I could not resist the $129 price, so I bought another VZW Galaxy Note 2.

    I showed up at Best Buy and asked them to match Dell's $129 price.
    The manger instantly said "okay, but we only have it in white!" (fine by me!

    Samsung Galaxy Note II - 4G LTE for Verizon Wireless - Dell Mobile Phones
    $129 applies to add a line or new accts. For upgrades, it's $149.

    For those who have recently bought the phone at Best Buy, you can
    get a pricematch and get some money back.

    As with all things at Best Buy, it's YMMV. Some nasty managers will
    absolutely not match it. If that's the case, drive to the next Best Buy
    store and try your luck there. My nearest Best Buy has always matched
    prices with Amazon Wireless, Let's Talk, Wirefly, and now Dell.

    By the way, this is not an endorsement of Best Buy. If you prefer,
    go ahead and buy it directly from Dell. (or anybody that will sell
    it at $129 or lower!)
    I showed the ad to my local bb and they said that they don't pm internet ads, only physical stores. I then ask about amazon, and he said sure. Not sure the last time I saw an Amazon b & m.

    Ymmv for sure. Official policy does allow pm to dell, but also excludes mobile phones.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Not sure the last time I saw an Amazon b & m.

    Are you kidding? Every single time you walk into Best Buy, you're walking into Amazon b & m!
    green2u and Eddster like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgrade)

    Btw, you might be able to get the $50 bb gc too, if you signed up for it last week

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Btw, you might be able to get the $50 bb gc too, if you signed up for it last week

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    oh yeah... I completely forgot to mention that. The $50 Best Buy gift card printed out at the beginning of
    the purchase. I chose to use it on the phone and it knocked off another $50. I registered my landline
    at home.(the 2nd line that's only used for fax) It was ported to the new Note 2 within ten minutes.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Edit: I forgot to include the $50 gift card that Best Buy gave me for registering
    my phone number last week. So the final total was $79 plus tax.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Do you know if you can price match on best buy . com?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Quote Originally Posted by midnight93933 View Post
    Do you know if you can price match on best buy . com?
    sorry.. I don't know... if not, you can always go to a Best Buy store... unless there isn't one near you... in which case you can just get it at $129 from Dell.com?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Just got another VZW Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $129. ($129 add a line or new acct, $149 upgr

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    sorry.. I don't know... if not, you can always go to a Best Buy store... unless there isn't one near you... in which case you can just get it at $129 from Dell.com?
    True, man that is such a good deal though
  10. #10  

    Default st got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    sorry.. I don't know... if not, you can always go to a Best Buy store... unless there isn't one near you... in which case you can just get it at $129 from Dell.com?
    Dell has a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. This is on top of Verizon $350 etf. Best buy does not.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: st got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift car

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Dell has a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days. This is on top of Verizon $350 etf. Best buy does not.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    that's true... unless someone intends to use the Note 2 with an active line & data plan, he/she should buy it from Best Buy.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    Now I have four Galaxy Note II phones! Yes, I know it's a sickness by now
    Prithee tell, are you actually using or going to use all 4 phones? You can't be paying 2 year contracts for 4 phones. Are you early terminating the contracts and selling them for full price?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    Prithee tell, are you actually using or going to use all 4 phones? You can't be paying 2 year contracts for 4 phones. Are you early terminating the contracts and selling them for full price?
    (1) VZW version, used daily by family member
    (2) VZW version, used daily by me
    (3) VZW version, deactivated, line kept active on a factory cell phone that came with the car (dumbphone), no data plan
    (4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)
  14. #14  

    Default $129 pricematch

    Worked for me. Thanks.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    (1) VZW version, used daily by family member
    (2) VZW version, used daily by me
    (3) VZW version, deactivated, line kept active on a factory cell phone that came with the car (dumbphone), no data plan
    (4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)
    More power to you. Enjoy!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    More power to you. Enjoy!
    this is what I think whenever I look at them together:
    (substitute the words "three heads" with "four hands")

    Mozart: "They're all so beautiful! Why don't I have three heads?"
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    (1) VZW version, used daily by family member
    (2) VZW version, used daily by me
    (3) VZW version, deactivated, line kept active on a factory cell phone that came with the car (dumbphone), no data plan
    (4) int'l non-US version, used by me on int'l trips.... (thanks to the fact that the VZW version CANNOT yet use foreign prepaid SIM cards)
    So I have 4 lines (2 dumb phones w/ no data). Could I use one of the no data lines to buy a Note 2 with no data on it, then reactivate the dumb phone after I leave the store, then activate the Note 2 on one of my smartphone lines?
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

    If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
  18. #18  

    Default

    These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Quote Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
    These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

    I'm pretty sure no contracts are required for these prices.












    Best Buy is waiving the 2-year contract requirement for anyone riding to the store on unicorns.
    siczek.p likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default ust got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    So I have 4 lines (2 dumb phones w/ no data). Could I use one of the no data lines to buy a Note 2 with no data on it, then reactivate the dumb phone after I leave the store, then activate the Note 2 on one of my smartphone lines?
    Yes, you can. Just make sure to activate the note 2 on the line the upgrade is used first, then a switch phones at will.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy

    Yes. 2 year contract required for this price.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

    Quote Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
    These prices are all obviously with a contract 2-3 year right? (sorry in Canada here just not sure about down there)

    Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums
    2 year contract is standard for the USA. No one is getting a note 2 or similar for $80 no contract, unless it is a huge price error like when iphone was sold for $100 no contract.

    If it were a lower end phone, then it would be a different story, i got a htc one v for $50 no contract. It is nowhere near the caliber phone of the Note 2 of course.


    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    I did this as well.. They price matched Dell.com for 149 and i used my 50$ gift card that printed out before the transaction. Boom 100$ note 2!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift c

    Amazon Wireless have the grey version for $150 & the white version for $180.
    But they charge a $400 fee if you cancel your service before 181 days. You also agree that Amazon can check your account status as often as they like to verify that your account is "in good standing"


    AmazonWireless
    "Instant Discount Policy
    When you purchase your device with service from AmazonWireless.com, we automatically pass along an instant discount based on a commission paid to AmazonWireless by your wireless service carrier. The commission depends upon your continued service, and if you do not maintain your service for 181 days from the service activation date, AmazonWireless must return the commission to the carrier. Thus, this discount has been provided to you in good faith based on your agreement to (a) activate a new or extend an existing line of service for the device(s) with the carrier for two years, (b) maintain this line of service in good standing, and (c) not alter the line of service type other than adding an additional line of service to an individual account for at least 181 consecutive days.

    The following are some scenarios where we may determine that you have not maintained your service and have not met the requirements listed above:

    If your device with the carrier is not activated per Amazon's activation instructions within 14 days
    If your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 days and you do not return the device(s) to Amazon
    If a new individual or new family account is merged with or replaces a pre-existing account
    If you transfer this equipment to another carrier's service or to another line in your family account and deactivate the line that Amazon established for your device
    By accepting this Instant Discount Policy, you agree to repay $400 per smart phone or tablet and $200 per other device if you do not maintain your carrier service for 181 consecutive days from the service activation date. You also authorize us to collect that amount using any credit card we have on record for you. Amazon can periodically check your account status with the carrier to confirm your line of service is active and in good standing and thereby confirm you are in compliance with this policy.

    The Instant Discount Policy will not be applied if you cancel your order and return the device(s) within our 30-day return period. You must return your device(s) to Amazon within the carrier's 14-day return period in order to avoid the carrier's Early Termination Fees (ETF). If your purchase was an upgrade, your upgrade eligibility will not be reset unless you return your device to Amazon within the carrier's 14-day return period"
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Just got my FOURTH Verizon Galaxy Note 2 at Best Buy for $79 at BB ($129 pricematch + $50 gift card)

    Dell has a similar policy. It isn't just canceling in 181 days, it also includes for example having a spare dumb phone lines, upgrading the dumb phone line and moving the phone to another line, then placing the dumb phone back onto the original line.

    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got two "Seidio" Surface Combos today at Best Buy for $45
    By bigoldthor in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2013, 06:17 PM
  2. FYI: Kindle Fire HD 8.9'' now available at Best Buy for pickup
    By rinemie in forum Amazon Kindle Fire HD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM
  3. Unlocked Galaxy S3 at Best Buy
    By razortaz18 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 12:34 AM
  4. Motorola Xoom at Best Buy for $1199!
    By lara in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
  5. Black Tie Service at Best Buy for Samsung Moment
    By bhatchfield#AC in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions