Screen stays off after phone call

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
After my phone call is over I remove phone from my face and screen stays black. I have tried to hit the home button and power button. After a minute or so it comes back on. Any suggestions??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

mjfalcone90

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue ... it seems like the only way I can get the screen back on is holding near a light source. If some knows how to fix this please share

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting for putting the phone to sleep when it senses it is near your ear during a call, I forget what it's called but I'm betting if you turn that off it will fix the problem...... Sorry for not being more of a help,I'll dig through the manual and see if I can find it

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue ... it seems like the only way I can get the screen back on is holding near a light source. If some knows how to fix this please share

Verizon said the proximity sensor is bad. Getting new phone

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

CodyAB30

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue. Just started a couple weeks ago and I've had the phone since December. Very annoying. Going to talk to Verizon this week. If they replace the phone would it be with a refurb or would they send a new one? I've had bad luck with refurbs in the past and don't want another one!

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue and it turned out the proximity sensor was bad. I did get a replacement from VZW that is a refurb that fixed my issue. I would suggest calling VZW or visiting a store.

Lisa McKim

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Same issue started for me recently and I have had my phone for about 10 months now. This fix worked for me on the first try and I have not experienced the issue again:
Open the Phone App - use the soft key for Menu-Call Settings - Uncheck "Auto screen off during calls". Hope this helps.

:)

CodyAB30

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Its the proximity sensor. Hardware issue so there really isnt a fix besides replacing the phone. Had the same thing happen about a month ago. Talked to Verizon and they sent a refurb out the same day as a warranty replacement. You could turn the setting off as suggested above, but that really doesnt solve the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2