Texting lag is KILLING me!

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously spending double the time I used to texting because everything that has to do with sms is lagging. I type a message and it lags, I send a message and it lags, I hit the back button to go back to all the messages and it lags.

Also, once or twice a day I will go into my SMS app and it will say I have no messages....? Or I'll be texting someone and randomly all the texts disappear and the app blanks out.

I have stock everything except Zooper widget and my other apps. I do not know what to do at this point. Please help, I'm restarting my phone 3 or 4 times a day nowadays.

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
you using the stock sms? there's a bunch of alternatives on Google Play like Go Sms, Messaging 7, Chomp.. I personally use Messaging 7 cause of its speed & customization.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
you using the stock sms? there's a bunch of alternatives on Google Play like Go Sms, Messaging 7, Chomp.. I personally use Messaging 7 cause of its speed & customization.

I didn't like GoSms or chomp (I tried another one also but can't think of the name of it). But the stock was working fine. I thought maybe I had too many messages in the memory so I deleted everything and still same thing happens.

I'll take a look at messaging7 but really the stock app should be working, right?

Edit ok I just downloaded it and set it up....pretty damn good looking app. But what keyboard do you use?

And there's stilll the lag ://////

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
It could be something you recently downliaded causing the lag or other issues. How long ago did it start? When it started, was there something you recently downloaded?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It could be something you recently downliaded causing the lag or other issues. How long ago did it start? When it started, was there something you recently downloaded?

I would agree with this. I never have any lag when texting

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

It's been happening for a few months now.....started happening on a daily basis though. I'm not sure what apps would cause it. I don't have too many apps...I don't even know what would cause the lag.

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's been happening for a few months now.....started happening on a daily basis though. I'm not sure what apps would cause it. I don't have too many apps...I don't even know what would cause the lag.

no lag here on both of my Note 2.

perhaps you can try a factory reset to see if that helps?

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like GoSms or chomp (I tried another one also but can't think of the name of it). But the stock was working fine. I thought maybe I had too many messages in the memory so I deleted everything and still same thing happens.

I'll take a look at messaging7 but really the stock app should be working, right?

Edit ok I just downloaded it and set it up....pretty damn good looking app. But what keyboard do you use?

And there's stilll the lag ://////

I use Swiftkey & SwiftKey Flow. Kii keyboard is also a good one.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is getting really bad. Seems to get worse every day. I don't know what to do

Did you download any keyboards, task killers, anitvirus, sms apps. Have you tried clearing all the data ion the Messenger app?

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you download any keyboards, task killers, anitvirus, sms apps. Have you tried clearing all the data ion the Messenger app?

How do I clear the app data? Sorry I came from an iphone lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I clear the app data? Sorry I came from an iphone lol

I doubt it's the problem, I really think you have a poorly coded app.

Clearing the messenger app will delete all your texts so be aware

Settings> application manager> all> messaging> clear data(or you can clear cache from this Screen and try just that first)

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it's the problem, I really think you have a poorly coded app.

Clearing the messenger app will delete all your texts so be aware

Settings> application manager> all> messaging> clear data(or you can clear cache from this Screen and try just that first)

Alright thanks! I deleted all the app data and some unnecessary apps and most of the lag is gone.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
OK another thing you can do is go into your messages screen then hit the menu button then change your stored text and multimedia messages to a lower number also you can delete your threads I clear mine out weekly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
OK another thing you can do is go into your messages screen then hit the menu button then change your stored text and multimedia messages to a lower number also you can delete your threads I clear mine out weekly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have decreased the # of messages to save. I even completely cleared out all messages.....I'm still having issues with the messages screen showing "no messages". Even if it's one thread with 1 messages, it'll just disappear until I restart the Note.

The lag has improved though....just the whole disappearing thing is annoying. Happens at least twice a day. I've been through my apps and have deleted almost all of them.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have decreased the # of messages to save. I even completely cleared out all messages.....I'm still having issues with the messages screen showing "no messages". Even if it's one thread with 1 messages, it'll just disappear until I restart the Note.

The lag has improved though....just the whole disappearing thing is annoying. Happens at least twice a day. I've been through my apps and have deleted almost all of them.

Are you under warranty still cause I would have it exchanged... Well I would put a new rom on it. But if I was someone who doesn't root or rom I would def return it.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you under warranty still cause I would have it exchanged... Well I would put a new rom on it. But if I was someone who doesn't root or rom I would def return it.

Yeah I am and im thinking about just doing that. Is there any way to backup and restore like the iphone? Maybe something in the file system is screwed up.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am and im thinking about just doing that. Is there any way to backup and restore like the iphone? Maybe something in the file system is screwed up.

you can sync your contacts to google, or open the contacts app hit the menu button and export to sd, this will create a vcard with all your contacts which you can drag to your computer. for pictures and other media you can just hook up the phone to your computer and drag the contents onto your computer, or when you plug in the phone there is an option to import media and it will scan your whole device and allow you to create an import folder.

you can also use something like my backup pro, it costs some money. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&token=Frms_cjU

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As was previously mentioned, I'd do a master (factory) reset first just to get back to a known clean state. Then if the problem still persists, exchange it under warranty.