Verizon Note 2 flashed... Issues?

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok here is the deal I have a verizon note 2 and im looking to get it flashed to metro pcs... but while I was at wrk the other day I stopped in one of the cell phone repair/unlock shops in my city... I mentioned what I wanted to do with my note2 (flash it) and the guy told me that it could COMPLETELY kill my phone and they dont do flash any more because they had two bad experiences... now I read on one of these android forums that flashing verizon to metro would be no problem and everything would wrk (txt, call, internet, play store...etc)... I called another place and asked if it was possible he said YES but didnt ask what carrier phone I had and what carrier I was tryning to flash it to and I didnt say... just looking for some insight/advice on if it is a good idea and if anyone knows if it would wrk... thanx in advance.

-PHiLLY

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok here is the deal I have a verizon note 2 and im looking to get it flashed to metro pcs... but while I was at wrk the other day I stopped in one of the cell phone repair/unlock shops in my city... I mentioned what I wanted to do with my note2 (flash it) and the guy told me that it could COMPLETELY kill my phone and they dont do flash any more because they had two bad experiences... now I read on one of these android forums that flashing verizon to metro would be no problem and everything would wrk (txt, call, internet, play store...etc)... I called another place and asked if it was possible he said YES but didnt ask what carrier phone I had and what carrier I was tryning to flash it to and I didnt say... just looking for some insight/advice on if it is a good idea and if anyone knows if it would wrk... thanx in advance.

-PHiLLY

Welcome to AC, does Metro PCS Use SIM cards?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank You for the welcome, and yes Metro PCS uses sim cards... any suggestions?

Thanx for the response btw.
all you need to do is root the device, enable the APN editor , set Metro PCS apn settings if you have them, pop in the sim card and restart. ill see if i can find Metro PCS apn settings

-APN: internet
-Proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
-Port: 3128
-UserName: Phone#@mymetropcs.com
-Password: MSL code*
-Server: wap.metropcs.net
-MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
-MMS Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
-MMS Port: 3128
-MCC: 310
-MNC: 004
-APN Type: MMS

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
all you need to do is root the device, enable the APN editor , set Metro PCS apn settings if you have them, pop in the sim card and restart. ill see if i can find Metro PCS apn settings

-APN: internet
-Proxy: wap.metropcs.net:3128
-Port: 3128
-UserName: Phone#@mymetropcs.com
-Password: MSL code*
-Server: wap.metropcs.net
-MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
-MMS Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
-MMS Port: 3128
-MCC: 310
-MNC: 004
-APN Type: MMS

Ok cool, thanx for all your help man I will definitely give this a shot!

Question tho... any recommendations for rooting and also where can I get the APN editor?

I have seen a few root programs so just wanted to know what u would recommend..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool, thanx for all your help man I will definitely give this a shot!

Question tho... any recommendations for rooting and also where can I get the APN editor?

I have seen a few root programs so just wanted to know what u would recommend..

To root
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37195287
Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]

APN editor
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=241691
[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have done all the steps in the links... team win recovery etc... but now im stuck at the part where i have to put in the apn settings for metro pcs... i have put in the settings and every time i hit save after my changes it simply vanishes and doesnt save... i double checked and triple checked and i have everything correct... it seems that every time i edit the MCC or MNC that causes it to not save... i can input everything else and save with no problem BUT even then it doesnt let me select it as a option... any suggestions? you have been a huge help man thank you! im so close lol need to get over this last hill if possible.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have done all the steps in the links... team win recovery etc... but now im stuck at the part where i have to put in the apn settings for metro pcs... i have put in the settings and every time i hit save after my changes it simply vanishes and doesnt save... i double checked and triple checked and i have everything correct... it seems that every time i edit the MCC or MNC that causes it to not save... i can input everything else and save with no problem BUT even then it doesnt let me select it as a option... any suggestions? you have been a huge help man thank you! im so close lol need to get over this last hill if possible.
you need shut down the phone, put in the new sim and restart the phone. it saves the apn , just doesnt show up untill the cooresponding sim card is in. if you think mcc or mnc are causing a problem try leaving them out. also maybe ask someone who already has Metro PCS what there apn settings are, the ones i posted may not be correct that is just something i found from the net.

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok here is where I stand now from my last post... I got the settings to change and save (mcc and mnc left alone) I have rebooted my phone with the metro sim in it... it searches for service then goes into emergency call mode... the mcc is at 311 and the mnc is 660 I seen on the web that this was alternates of the two you provided me with everything is still the same... o have metro service and sim... the metro phone I have I cant seem to find the APN settings on there.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok here is where I stand now from my last post... I got the settings to change and save (mcc and mnc left alone) I have rebooted my phone with the metro sim in it... it searches for service then goes into emergency call mode... the mcc is at 311 and the mnc is 660 I seen on the web that this was alternates of the two you provided me with everything is still the same... o have metro service and sim... the metro phone I have I cant seem to find the APN settings on there.

Try going to a metro pcs store and just ask them what the apn settings should be. Or find someone with metro pcs and ask what the settings are. Or even check the old phone you have been using with metro pcs it should have the settings

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Try going to a metro pcs store and just ask them what the apn settings should be. Or find someone with metro pcs and ask what the settings are. Or even check the old phone you have been using with metro pcs it should have the settings

Do you know how I find the settings on my old phone? Its a samsung admire lol... I have gone to the store and was turned away they wouldnt tell me and the lady I spoke to said that its considered flashing... which IMO is crazy.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you know how I find the settings on my old phone? Its a samsung admire lol... I have gone to the store and was turned away they wouldnt tell me and the lady I spoke to said that its considered flashing... which IMO is crazy.

Ill see if I can find out. She doesn't know what she is talking about. Vzw note 2 is sim unlocked so its not illegal.

iReP PHiLLY

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ill see if I can find out. She doesn't know what she is talking about. Vzw note 2 is sim unlocked so its not illegal.

Hey man just wanted to say thanx for ALL YOUR TIME EFFORT AND HELP... I went to tmobile and got a sim from them and found some apn settings on the net... all is well as of now and im satisfied with what I have... still thank you my friend!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey man just wanted to say thanx for ALL YOUR TIME EFFORT AND HELP... I went to tmobile and got a sim from them and found some apn settings on the net... all is well as of now and im satisfied with what I have... still thank you my friend!

Ok great I'm glad you got that going , very welcome

vjprax

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have a new problem, I am able to get the data in 2G/3G but no calls or text. I am using it in Vodafone India, Is it really a world Sim unlocked phone? It shows full signal bars and Vodafone IN in the lock screen, Data works, In the drop down of the notification bar it says No Service and when trying to call it says not registered with the network. With the data working, it is the other way around in India. HELP!!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon variant of the Note 2 is not a world phone as far as I know. I've never taken mine outside the country to find out though. Also to keep from muddling issues, you should probably start your own thread next time.

Dj Knucklehead

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, I flashed a sprint note 2 to Metro and I can't get wifi working. And I mean I can't even get the toggle to come on. ......I been reading and reading and can't find squat please help

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon variant of the Note 2 is not a world phone as far as I know. I've never taken mine outside the country to find out though. Also to keep from muddling issues, you should probably start your own thread next time.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II is factory sim unlocked and contains quad band gsm. AFAIK, It can be used on any gsm network, domestic or international. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II has been used abroad and gets voice text and data. Though keep in mind that it might not support all the bands of a specific carrier.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12