Accidently turned on hearing aid mode

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how I turned it on, but I can't turn it off. It's not in tty mode, it just has that hearing aid icon on the screen when I call someone. Anyone know how to turn it off?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what it is you are talking about but if there is a hearing aid mode it would be under
Settings> accessibility> hearing

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What does the icon look like? Show a screen shot of it.

2013-02-14-13-02-35_zps8d8d0a7d.png

This the icon I'm talking about above the "add call". It has an ear thing with )) after it.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
On the phone screen settings menu, there is a setting for "use extra volume for calls" which may be checked.

Thanks for the reply, I made sure the "use extra volume for calls" wasn't checked.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what it is you are talking about but if there is a hearing aid mode it would be under
Settings> accessibility> hearing

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. I searched in there, and couldn't find anything to turn that off.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

jevalladares

Samsung Galaxy S6 Champion
Q&A Team
Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I have been reading this thread because unlike the original post I would like to know what are the benefits of using the hearing aid mode since I wear on both ears.

Does anybody know what this option is for and if it'll work with any hearing aid.

Regards.

Erasmo

Kirby Tennent

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all

I have been reading this thread because unlike the original post I would like to know what are the benefits of using the hearing aid mode since I wear on both ears.

Does anybody know what this option is for and if it'll work with any hearing aid.

Regards.

Erasmo

Found this thread as I was also looking at enabling hearing aid features on my phone.

Depending on the model you can either have an option to increase the volume, enter into tcoil mode, or it can attempt to help filter out background noise from the caller.

Good luck with your new aids. I myself am on week 3 of my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18