Intermittent voicemail message/icon

farwellbooth

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When I have a new vm, "usually" the icon appears. However I'd say 1 in 10 it doesn't. There is no vm icon but when I call my vm there are sometimes messages. I'm on Verizon in the Seattle area on the 4G, driving and flying to other areas 3G but I haven't noticed any consistency on when I don't see the icon. I've rebooted, then it seems to work. And now I occasionally check my vm for missed ones but this isn't an option. I'm in sales and need to know right away when someone leaves a message. And outside of sales, if family, neighbor needs me etc. This sucks. I don't use the visual voicemail or Google whatever. Just the stock Verizon vm. thks

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I will see an icon on the top left corner if I have missed a call. I do use visual voice mail and like it a lit. Well worth the cost to me. I need my phone for my job as well. I don't like Google voice.
Visual voice is very convenient.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

da BB dude

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue and I have not found any common link to why the icon does not appear. When I have a missed call, I will check my VM even is there is no notification. The problem is that sometimes a call will go straight to VM without showing a missed call.

tb801

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Had this happen back at the end of January. First week of Feb people were telling me they left me a message. I just assumed they never came through. I finally checked last week because I got a notification and I had 10 messages in there. Oldest one dated back 16 days!

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Had this happen back at the end of January. First week of Feb people were telling me they left me a message. I just assumed they never came through. I finally checked last week because I got a notification and I had 10 messages in there. Oldest one dated back 16 days!

Is it the phone or Verizon in all these cases? Verizon has done this same kind of thing to me multiple times over the years with other phone models. It wasn't the phones it was some bug in the Verizon network.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

This exact issue has occurred with me also. I missed some important calls.
I don't want to have to pay $2.99 per month just to have a vm icon that shows if you have a message.
Is this VZW trying to push us to one of their pay services again by crippling a stock function?
Is there a good voice mail app available in the Play Store? I'm willing to pay a one time fee for the app but not $3 EVERY month as Verizon wants.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan