Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

Yeah, those headphones that came with the Rezound was the last time Verizon is going to do that. Even then, I was surprised they included them, but HTC was really trying to push Beats.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Default Re: Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

I would like to know why all carriers stopped doing this.........Giving you a free holster with your phone. This was before all these smartphones so you youngsters won't know what i am refering to. But, I remember going to AllTel and Verizon and getting a phone and in the box came a holster! Happy days! That was awesome. If only they would do that now. It's called product promotion.
    ferfersky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeritorialDemon View Post
    I would like to know why all carriers stopped doing this.........Giving you a free holster with your phone. This was before all these smartphones so you youngsters won't know what i am refering to. But, I remember going to AllTel and Verizon and getting a phone and in the box came a holster! Happy days! That was awesome. If only they would do that now. It's called product promotion.
    To force you to buy one in the store. I remember BlackBerry always came with a nice holster or pocket pouch of some sort.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

This is actually funny. I asked them that yesterday and they said samsung decided it. And i was like other carriers include them and they asked me which ones and their like well they also don't have good service like we do. And i was like.. lol and that's a reason to not include them? For as much as the note 2 is you would think they would atleast include them.

Quote Originally Posted by BBKrzy View Post
    This is actually funny. I asked them that yesterday and they said samsung decided it. And i was like other carriers include them and they asked me which ones and their like well they also don't have good service like we do. And i was like.. lol and that's a reason to not include them? For as much as the note 2 is you would think they would atleast include them.
    They're lying.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

I must have about 10 pair of cheesy headphones buried around the house from iPods, phones, etc. I am VERY happy that headphones did not come with the last couple phones I've purchased. I do not need more headphones!

None of this answers the question "Why?" But the reason is the same reason why Blackberry stopped supplying those cheap pocket pouches, and some companies are not supplying chargers anymore, just cables. Because somewhere those things appear on a balance sheet and someone decided if they delete them but charge the same for the phone they can make a couple more bucks on the phone. Simple. Always follow the money when asking questions about why a company does something. It's always ALWAYS money.

And yeah, you can buy your own cheap earbuds. I use Sennheiser PX-100 open headphones, which kick pretty much all the buds to the curb - even Beats, which are made for kids who like bass and nothing much else. But they aren't $5 either.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    None of this answers the question "Why?" But the reason is the same reason why Blackberry stopped supplying those cheap pocket pouches, and some companies are not supplying chargers anymore, just cables. Because somewhere those things appear on a balance sheet and someone decided if they delete them but charge the same for the phone they can make a couple more bucks on the phone. Simple. Always follow the money when asking questions about why a company does something. It's always ALWAYS money.

And yeah, you can buy your own cheap earbuds. I use Sennheiser PX-100 open headphones, which kick pretty much all the buds to the curb - even Beats, which are made for kids who like bass and nothing much else. But they aren't $5 either.
    I don't know if Verizon was being generous or stupid. When I called customer service and asked about this issue, the rep told me that she was shipping me a pair of headphones. 3 days later, I received them. Turned out to be the exact white headphones that that came with my previous Verizon Galaxy S3 phone.

The headphones are usually garbage that come shipped with phones... Suck it up and buy a pair lol

Quote Originally Posted by celticfdguy View Post
    The headphones are usually garbage that come shipped with phones... Suck it up and buy a pair lol
    Free is good but I agree. The iPhone 5 headphones sounded terrible and were some of the most uncomfortable headphones I've ever used. I use Bose MIE2 ($130 before 25% Verizon discount, $97 after) and I don't even know their in my ears and they sound amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Free is good but I agree. The iPhone 5 headphones sounded terrible and were some of the most uncomfortable headphones I've ever used. I use Bose MIE2 ($130 before 25% Verizon discount, $97 after) and I don't even know their in my ears and they sound amazing.
    I bought the Klipsh s5i for around $35,it works great. The buttons don't work, but the mic works.

If price is an issue, I got a few Logitech ue200 for free ar awhile back, and they are pretty good compared to most bundled headphones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I bought the Klipsh s5i for around $35,it works great. The buttons don't work, but the mic works.

If price is an issue, I got a few Logitech ue200 for free ar awhile back, and they are pretty good compared to most bundled headphones.

Try google play for an klipsh app. I used one for my rezound and it made the buttons work. For rev and fwd.

galaxy note duece

The good ol' days. The customer service use to be there.
    BBKrzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeritorialDemon View Post
    The good ol' days. The customer service use to be there.
    Customer service at Verizon is a hit or miss. I have had some good ones. And also some that were unhelpful and gave me inaccurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Customer service at Verizon is a hit or miss. I have had some good ones. And also some that were unhelpful and gave me inaccurate information.

I totally agree with you. I have experienced the same.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Yes Sprint's version does come with a pair of pretty decent headphones

No Verizon would never be cheap!! ... it is just that the profit made from not including the head phones goes to the stock holder's pocket. If no one complains this will be the norm in the future for all phones. T-mobile's contract with Samsung includes a very very nice headphone... the best I ever tried. Verizon is actually sending me a free set because I called to ask wtf? ... Americans are so programed to not complain (it isn't sexy): complaining is seen as being weak. However, we have lost a lot on this path of being quiet and non confrontational for the sake of peace. So, please do learn to speak up and make a quick, friendly call to your bank, your school and any company/corporation that has you in a situation that seems not fair. Ask questions and do not just say 'aaaah, it isn't a big deal.' It happens too often these days to not be a big deal. Speak up! The number to complain to Verizon is 800-922-0204.

it is not Sumsung's choice: it is the carrier hedging profits for shareholders. Samsung offers many options and they all vary depending on the carrier you use. : )

Actually the headphones that come with the Samsung Note II are really good. Sucking it up and paying more after putting out money that has always included the basic accessories is not cool. It lays the ground for the future. Maybe you own stock in the company and are making profit off the consumer's loss? If that is the case then your post is logical; from your perspective of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the headphones that come with the Samsung Note II are really good. Sucking it up and paying more after putting out money that has always included the basic accessories is not cool. It lays the ground for the future. Maybe you own stock in the company and are making profit off the consumer's loss? If that is the case then your post is logical; from your perspective of course.

but the principal is that you paid for them in teh purchase of this very expensive phone. maybe you are so wealthy you can buy 20 of these phones and care less. good for you. sincerely.

I was told the Note II doesn't come with headphones because it has awesome S-pen instead.

I don't see the uproar about not including headphones. There's no case included either, where's the thread on that?

The reality is that headphones and cases are personal items. What I like you may not like. Including headphones, or a case, that half the people don't use is a waste of money. Personally, I never use earbuds, I use bluetooth headphones. If Verizon were to include headphones they'd end up in a drawer with all the wired mice I've got with computers over the years.
    Phones: Droid (2009 original stock) --> Incredible --> Thunderbolt (Rooted/ROMed) --> Galaxy Nexus (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 2 (Rooted/ROMed) --> Note 3 (Stock) --> Note 4 (stock)
    Tablets: Tab 10.1 --> Note 10.1 (2014 edition)
    Watches: Pebble (original) --> Moto 360

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    I don't see the uproar about not including headphones. There's no case included either, where's the thread on that?

The reality is that headphones and cases are personal items. What I like you may not like. Including headphones, or a case, that half the people don't use is a waste of money. Personally, I never use earbuds, I use bluetooth headphones. If Verizon were to include headphones they'd end up in a drawer with all the wired mice I've got with computers over the years.
    the other carrier were not so cheap as to leave out the headphones for their versions of Note 2. Verizon did...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12