Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

According to the BestBuy store manager, his Spring Galaxy Note 2 came with headphones. Verizon version never did.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

Doesn't Verizon sell like beats headphones . Could be an attempt to get people to buy them instead

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Default Re: Why doesn't Verizon's Galaxy Note 2 comes with headphones? Is Verizon being cheap?

My at&t version didn't come with any, either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I was a bit surprised as well that the Note 2 didn't come with headphones! All of my previous phones always came with a set. I do have some of those that are brand new and will probably work with this phone though.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Doesn't Verizon sell like beats headphones . Could be an attempt to get people to buy them instead

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    does Sprint's version of Note 2 really come with headphones? or was the BestBuy store manager trying to make me feel bad?

With the exception of the bundled headphones that came with Verizons first hd smartphone, which, for bundled headphones, excellent, but pale compared to what you can buy outside, all the other bundled headphones i got had been meh anyway. I have gotten free ar headphones that sounded better than most bundled headphones.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    CR6 and itsdollar like this.

I thought they chose to go with the extra Verizon branding instead of the headphones? That logo on the home button was enough of a bonus so the headphones went to the back burner.
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    With the exception of the bundled headphones that came with Verizons first hd smartphone, which, for bundled headphones, excellent, but pale compared to what you can buy outside, all the other bundled headphones i got had been meh anyway. I have gotten free ar headphones that sounded better than most bundled headphones.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    just found out that the Sprint Galaxy Note II came with the same white Samsung headphones as my VZW Galaxy S3.... decent headphones... but I never use them anyway.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My brother in-law and his wife got the note 2 with sprint there phones came with headphones

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

The GS3 headphones were surprisingly decent. I wish I would have kept them just in case I needed them.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah those are the universal Samsung headphones. I got them with my sgs2 ns4g and Gnex. Yeah for free headphones they are pretty good.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I kept the one from my GS3, my daughter got the phone and I bought her beats for Christmas so I didnt feel bad keeping them
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    DroidXcon likes this.

ROM
    Stock

I just bought instead since Verizon is so cheap on not to include earphones. Best $20 spent.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Bought a pair of mic headphones from 5 Below the other day. $5 and 10x better than apple's "buds" (I have a million of them lol).

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

of course they are being cheap so they can make more profit. this company even sells their voice mail app 2.99 a month which is 36 bucks a year for nothing, voice mail is always comes with the service (my voice mail i mean an app shows you all your messages vs. you call your voice mail old fashion way)
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by keem5 View Post
    of course they are being cheap so they can make more profit. this company even sells their voice mail app 2.99 a month which is 36 bucks a year for nothing, voice mail is always comes with the service (my voice mail i mean an app shows you all your messages vs. you call your voice mail old fashion way)
    A Verizon tech support guy to me that the free Google Voice app is inferior to Verizon's own voicemail app. I think it's well worth it.
    Verizon should be able to charge more money in order to build up their network and provide excellent customer service.
    (please excuse me while I go puke my guts out )

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    A Verizon tech support guy to me that the free Google Voice app is inferior to Verizon's own voicemail app. I think it's well worth it.
    Verizon should be able to charge more money in order to build up their network and provide excellent customer service.
    (please excuse me while I go puke my guts out )
    The Verizon voice-to-text algorithm has to be better than Google Voice, which is absolutely worthless. With that said, GV is good enough for me. I don't need my VMs converted to text.

As regards the OP, I was just as happy that there were no headphones in my package. I've seldom gotten a free set that I've bothered using.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBuck View Post
    The Verizon voice-to-text algorithm has to be better than Google Voice, which is absolutely worthless. With that said, GV is good enough for me. I don't need my VMs converted to text.

As regards the OP, I was just as happy that there were no headphones in my package. I've seldom gotten a free set that I've bothered using.
    The Beats headphones that came with my old HTC Rezound was the last/only decent pair of headphones came with smartphones.
    (supposedly the headphones retailed for $79 to $99, but I think they were only worth $50... but still sounded very decent/acceptable)

Samsung's white headphones that came with the S3 can be bought for $10 to $15(genuine ones) and they sound okay.

Anything is better than than the free crappy headphones that come with the iPhones.(at least on the 4S and prior models)

I actually like the OEM ones from Samsung so I just went on eBay and bought about 3-4 pairs (I go thru headphones like crazy) @$5 each. For less than $20, I have the OEM's and am very happy with them..
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsLexusMike View Post
    I actually like the OEM ones from Samsung so I just went on eBay and bought about 3-4 pairs (I go thru headphones like crazy) @$5 each. For less than $20, I have the OEM's and am very happy with them..
    Would you please give me the eBay links to the ones you bought? Thanks!

im glad they didnt come with ear buds. i hate earbuds. they hurt my ears after like 20 min. id much rather use either my beats or my bose anyways
    LexiNoL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsLexusMike View Post
    for what you spend on cheap ear buds, you can buy a nice pair of beats or bose and they will last you a long time. my 3 year old bose still work great. only reason i dont use them is because i was given a pair of beats that i think sound a little better

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    for what you spend on cheap ear buds, you can buy a nice pair of beats or bose and they will last you a long time. my 3 year old bose still work great. only reason i dont use them is because i was given a pair of beats that i think sound a little better
    I have Bose IE2 and don't even wonder why phones come or don't come with headphones. I'd never use them anyways because the pair I use now is superior in comfort and sound.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast