Heading to Note two very soon

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to begin the greeting process as I will be joining you all with a note 2 very this week!

My wife has destroyed her Razr so I gave her my razr maxx as she needs the cell more then I do at the moment. I will be picking up a Note 2 at full retail with my tax return.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know your situation, but you can get the note 2 on contract for $80 on a new line of service,and even if you paid etf of $350,still,$430 is way less than $700 full retail. If you have a family plan, you can add a line, then, move the note 2 to your line and put a dumb phone on the line or put a phantom phone if you don't have a physical phone. Both methods above allow you to maintain full 1 year warranty and unlimited unthrottled 4glte on your line , if you have it.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know your situation, but you can get the note 2 on contract for $80 on a new line of service,and even if you paid etf of $350,still,$430 is way less than $700 full retail. If you have a family plan, you can add a line, then, move the note 2 to your line and put a dumb phone on the line or put a phantom phone if you don't have a physical phone. Both methods above allow you to maintain full 1 year warranty and unlimited unthrottled 4glte on your line , if you have it.

Indeed I did consider ETF but I have 2 lines would I have to ETF each line? I would enjoy saving a few bucks. Another bonus I was thinking from paying full retail now would be that I would have 2 upgrades in 9 months and everyone knows the speed at which technology becomes old.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Indeed I did consider ETF but I have 2 lines would I have to ETF each line? I would enjoy saving a few bucks. Another bonus I was thinking from paying full retail now would be that I would have 2 upgrades in 9 months and everyone knows the speed at which technology becomes old.

If you just upgrade one line, then you pay etf once. In your case, just add a line, then immediately call Verizon to cancel service, paying etf. This would not affect upgrade on your two current lines.
Instead of canceling right away and paying etf, it may be cheaper to ask Verizon to put a phantom phone on the line for the 2 year contract.

Certain sellers like amazon have a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days, and putting a dumb or phantom phone on the upgraded line. Buying directly from Verizon, best buy or Costco wireless or perhaps others does not have the secondary etf.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
If you just upgrade one line, then you pay etf once. In your case, just add a line, then immediately call Verizon to cancel service, paying etf. This would not affect upgrade on your two current lines.
Instead of canceling right away and paying etf, it may be cheaper to ask Verizon to put a phantom phone on the line for the 2 year contract.

Certain sellers like amazon have a secondary $400 etf if you make certain changes to your account like moving the phone to another line within 181 days, and putting a dumb or phantom phone on the upgraded line. Buying directly from Verizon, best buy or Costco wireless or perhaps others does not have the secondary etf.

Great information! Doing it that way would save me about $300.

So just to make sure I got it...

Go to verizon or best buy and add a line
Call verizon to remove the line I just added after I put the sim from my Razr maxx into Note 2, paying ETF
Then my 2 updates are still available and my bill remains the same?

also I'm seeing the note 2 on the web sight for 299.99 not 80...where do you see it for 80?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Great information! Doing it that way would save me about $300.

So just to make sure I got it...

Go to verizon or best buy and add a line
Call verizon to remove the line I just added after I put the sim from my Razr maxx into Note 2, paying ETF
Then my 2 updates are still available and my bill remains the same?

also I'm seeing the note 2 on the web sight for 299.99 not 80...where do you see it for 80?

Yes, that's it. The price is from BB, you have to pm Dell or amazon. Info in this thread

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=252131

Make sure to cancel the new line right away,you are responsible for charges until you cancel service. The charge itself will be prorated for the amount of time used. If you are charged an activation fee of $35,you need to cancel within 3 days to have the charge removed.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that's it. The price is from BB, you have to pm Dell or amazon. Info in this thread

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=252131

Make sure to cancel the new line right away,you are responsible for charges until you cancel service. The charge itself will be prorated for the amount of time used. If you are charged an activation fee of $35,you need to cancel within 3 days to have the charge removed.

Fantastic information!, this would allow me to get the note 2 and the new laptop I want.

What do I need for the PM? like a print out of their price?

hushpup13129

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just ask the sales person, do you price match?, grreat, Dell has it for $149.99, they'll pull it up on their machine to verify, did this Sun night

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic information!, this would allow me to get the note 2 and the new laptop I want.

What do I need for the PM? like a print out of their price?

Just print out both the amazon and dell website page showing the add a line cost (Dell was slightly cheaper when I did it) but if same price, just the amazon page. Do it immediately before going to the store so it shows the date and time printed (not a requirement, but may help your cause if they ask if it is in stock) BB wouldn't pm dell for me, but did do amazon. As always with pm, ymmv, but many people have had success. Even if one store turns you down, try another.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to begin the greeting process as I will be joining you all with a note 2 very this week!

My wife has destroyed her Razr so I gave her my razr maxx as she needs the cell more then I do at the moment. I will be picking up a Note 2 at full retail with my tax return.

I am sooooooo jealous!
I want that phone so bad but I've already got 2 phones and the Droid Charge contract isn't up until July.
I suppose I could add the Note 2 as a third phone until July then cancel the Droid Charge & drop back down to 2 phones at then end of July.
Though that would mean 4 months of a $160 bill...

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
It has been very painful waiting for my tax return. Not having my life support system on me at all times has been hell on earth. At the speed heople have been getting refunds that I have talked too it looks like I will be waiting close to a month...blah I want it not!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better I am a CPA and most everyone that I have prepared a return for has received their refund within 21 days. I'm assuming you filed electronic. Good luck.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better I am a CPA and most everyone that I have prepared a return for has received their refund within 21 days. I'm assuming you filed electronic. Good luck.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Thank you I did indeed file electronically. I got the email saying they got it and went on the tracking my refund page on IRS.gov off and on to check and it said it was being processed. Then yesterday it said it doesn't have my return or to wait 24 hours after filing to check it but I filed 2 weeks ago. Idk what that means.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It has been very painful waiting for my tax return. Not having my life support system on me at all times has been hell on earth. At the speed heople have been getting refunds that I have talked too it looks like I will be waiting close to a month...blah I want it not!!

If you are buying from best buy, just sign up for their cc, 18 months no interest.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I understand, just wanted to let you know of the option, and you can always pay it off as soon as you get the refund check. But I do understand the temptation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc