Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

23 88.46%
  • NO

3 11.54%
Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By threepackape
  • 9 Post By DroidXcon
  • 2 Post By iaminflames
  • 1 Post By NotJustAPhone
  • 2 Post By kris.richards
  • 1 Post By MrSmith317
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from today)

will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from today)

just wondering... because that's the date another line on my account becomes upgrade-eligible.

Default Re: will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from today)

Probably close to it because the Note III shouldn't be until November or so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from today)

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?
    Sorry, no. It expires on October 1st when I am up for an upgrade.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    Sorry, no. It expires on October 1st when I am up for an upgrade.
    by October, people will start to discuss rumors of a 10-core Samsung Galaxy S5.
    bunky1971 and mike7728 like this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    will my VZW Note 2 remain a "cool" phone, at least until December 15, 2013?(300 days from today)

just wondering... because that's the date another line on my account becomes upgrade-eligible.
    Sorry to tell you it's already uncool, I know this because my little sister in law (13) said, "it stopped being a cool phone the second you bought it" implying that I'm old and forced the phone out of style. She likes to bust my chops :\

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Heaven forbid I should own a phone that was not cool. I'd have to throw myself off a bridge.

Really??

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Ry and VetteDude like this.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Android = Cool

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    lpt2569 likes this.

I think if you're buying a phone because it's "cool" you should rethink some other things. Not trying to be mean, just saying. You should get a phone that suits you. That being said, the note 2 won't be the latest and greatest "big thing" next December. But it'll be Damn close.

Sent ala my Note Dos on Big Red
    Ry and bigoldthor like this.

Cool is hearing comments about how big it is by iPhone fans. Cool is having people look in awe at the S Pen handwriting. Cool is the battery life. The Note 2 is just plain cool and probably will be forever. The Note 1 is still cool, so why shouldn't the Note 2 be? Maybe I'm just lame since I had a Galaxy S (Fascinate) for 2 years after it was cool, but whatevs.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    I think if you're buying a phone because it's "cool" you should rethink some other things. Not trying to be mean, just saying. You should get a phone that suits you. That being said, the note 2 won't be the latest and greatest "big thing" next December. But it'll be Damn close.

Sent ala my Note Dos on Big Red
    December? That's perfect! My next upgrade comes up in December and I can get the Note III, if it comes out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Sorry to tell you it's already uncool, I know this because my little sister in law (13) said, "it stopped being a cool phone the second you bought it" implying that I'm old and forced the phone out of style. She likes to bust my chops :\

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    That's hilarious.

Will the Grand Canyon remain "cool" until next December? Will teenage boys low riding jeans remain "cool" until next December? If yes and yes, then yes. I didn`t buy the Note 2 to not be "cool" in twelve months. Geezzz...
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Some of these replies are golden. I look at it this way. "cool" is a lot of things to a lot of people. I personally equate cool with whatever my new gadget is. It's "cool" until I say it's not, which is when I go out and buy a new one. If you're looking to keep up with the Joneses and/or the "cool kids" then go grab an S3 because that's the best selling device right now. If you want a mini tablet, drawing pad, gaming powerhouse, note pad, personal assistant, and general badass, then grab a Note 2 and don't look back(until the Note 3 comes out. I heard it's going to be super cool)
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney
    lpt2569 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    until the Note 3 comes out. I heard it's going to be super cool
    I think the lines are forming already, and HTC will make a cool commercial mocking the Galaxy Note "sheep" and how uncool we are!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

my hot wife will still be hot to me 1 year from now... or 10 years from now, for that matter.
    (just make sure she has a good supply of great cosmetics)

or I can just switch to iPhones because they stay "cool" longer.
    Apple doesn't update the iPhone hardware as fast as Samsung.

Most Samsungs I've owned in the last couple of years feel old
    within months of purchase.
    Last edited by threepackape; 02-22-2013 at 04:42 PM.