Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Droid_Evo_8
  • 2 Post By DroidXcon
  • 2 Post By chuckh0308
  • 1 Post By Vanilla Ice
  • 1 Post By myotherbrotherdarrell
  • 1 Post By Synycalwon
  • 2 Post By VetteDude
  • 2 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  • 1 Post By ThisDieingDream1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 or dna

Hey guys. I had a gs3 but it broke and stupid Verizon guy never ever put insurance on it when I asked so I got a note 2 with a bunch of other cool stuff for at 588 dollars from Verizon. Anyways the note 2 is black I want white!

So I went back and notice that this display on the note 2 sucks compared to gs3. And is crap compared to HTC dna. So... What's would you go for?

Ps I hate d**m small key boards but loveeee crystal clear display and camera

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Note 2 or dna

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDieingDream1 View Post
    Hey guys. I had a gs3 but it broke and stupid Verizon guy never ever put insurance on it when I asked so I got a note 2 with a bunch of other cool stuff for at 588 dollars from Verizon. Anyways the note 2 is black I want white!

So I went back and notice that this display on the note 2 sucks compared to gs3. And is crap compared to HTC dna. So... What's would you go for?

Not being a ***** or anything but you know what all of us would say since you're in the Note 2 forums.
    Tokio_Love and Jude526 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Lol I know! Haha

I'm just seeing that I bunch of you have gone from the gs3 to the note to.

This phone is as of right now the fastest I'd say.
    But the camera on the gs3 along with the 306ppi screen is way better. Or is this just me????

And guys come on that screen on HTC dna. Wow I thought I had god vision for a second.

To be honest, get the DNA. That thing is sweet!

Sent from my Sammy S3

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Note 2, better battery life, multi window action, quad core, removeable battery, larger screen, S pen,
    Watch this >> [Cool] Can a Note 2 replace a PC

the only thing that DNA has over is 1080p vs Note 2 720p
    karsdroid and Jude526 like this.

I chose the Note 2 and it will be here tomorrow. I lost all interest in the DNA when I found out it had a tiny sealed battery and no memory. It could have a screen with 10 million pixels and I still wouldn't buy it. But, you're looking for a phone for yourself. It seems that you have different priorities. Get what YOU like.
    MatroxD and karsdroid like this.

This is very simple..... Keep the Note ll.
    the1m.polo likes this.

The DNA doesn't haver a micro SD card slot if that's important to you.
    The Note 2 has those great looking flip covers.
    TBH as soon as I found out that the DNA wasn't going to have a micro sd card slot & was only gonna have 16GB internal storage I automatically quit even thinking about it.
    I could understand it if the phone had 32GB or 64GB internal storage but only putting 16GB in there & leaving out a micro sd card slot just seems ed to me.
    Jude526 likes this.

Hands down the Note 2 if for the only reason it has a user-replaceable battery (DNA does not). I'm simply not willing to even consider losing that option yet, at least not until battery tech drastically improves. As to the Note 2's display, it's not pentile like the GS3, thus looks a heck of lot better IMO. For more info, see these:

Quick screen comparison: Galaxy Note 2 versus Galaxy S3 | Android Central

Video by heelsandtech (starting at 5:28):
    05:28 DISPLAY
    The pixel construction of the Note2's AMOLED display explained.
    Comparison with Galaxy S3's PenTile AMOLED pixel make-up, as well as LCD pixel arrangement.
    How websites, magazines, ebooks, and videos look on the display.
    Sunlight legibility.
    Colour accuracy of the display.
    The four colour modes compared (dynamic, standard, natural, movie).
    cdf3 likes this.

You don't like the Note 2's screen? I think its gorgeous.
    Jude526 and the1m.polo like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yikes, I'm getting yelled at for this one.
    Haha I had no idea it had no sd card slot nor removable battery. It's like a guy I phone. Blahhhh

Idk I like the smoothness of the pen tile screen. Plus this screen is so big most pictures pixelize and look horrible per home screen backgrounds lol
    Plus camera is grainy.......
    Does anyone else know of these differences between gs3 and note 2

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    To be honest, get the DNA. That thing is sweet!

Sent from my Sammy S3
    Yes this phone is sweet!

It all comes down to personal preference, both are great devices, but I can tell you that this phone is awesome.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA

I have had both, and I think that the note 2 screen is better than the gs3

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

My understanding is that the Note 2's screen has very saturated colors while the DNA's screen is extremely sharp and clear.

Maybe that's why there's so much variation in who likes what?
    Some people prefer the DNA's super sharp screen and some people prefer the Note 2's super saturated screen?

Go ahead and buy an extra charger if your getting a dna.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    My understanding is that the Note 2's screen has very saturated colors while the DNA's screen is extremely sharp and clear.

Maybe that's why there's so much variation in who likes what?
    Some people prefer the DNA's super sharp screen and some people prefer the Note 2's super saturated screen?
    Yeah saturation and deeper contrast ratio. It's just personal pref in the end. But there is a list of other things to consider besides the screens
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Yikes, I'm getting yelled at for this one.
    Haha I had no idea it had no sd card slot nor removable battery. It's like a guy I phone. Blahhhh

Idk I like the smoothness of the pen tile screen. Plus this screen is so big most pictures pixelize and look horrible per home screen backgrounds lol
    Plus camera is grainy.......
    Does anyone else know of these differences between gs3 and note 2

camera settings are discussed in a few threads.....different setting help improve the images....i think they rock.... after having motorola and htc my samsung experience has been heads and shoulders above those.
    the1m.polo likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Okay well. Idk. Maybe just the fact that a black phone to a white one is well...black and white. Since I got a white note 2 I love the screen. Dk about the camera yet.

Note 3 already? Otco processor. Flex screen........... .... ...... new technology is dropping in the marketplace just as much as rain drops on the ground during a hurricane. Upset. . >_<

Vanilla Ice likes this.

Okay well. Idk. Maybe just the fact that a black phone to a white one is well...black and white. Since I got a white note 2 I love the screen. Dk about the camera yet.

Note 3 already? Otco processor. Flex screen........... .... ...... new technology is dropping in the marketplace just as much as rain drops on the ground during a hurricane. Upset. . >_<

With Android devices, New and better technology is going to come out every other month it seems. The thing I like about the Note ll is not only is it a really good phone, the resale value is still pretty high at the moment and I dont see it dropping anytime soon. This is my plan. When the next Nexus is available for Verizon, Ill sell my note ll and use the money to buy the Nexus. Rumor has it; Google will sell the next Nexus for Verizon off contract. I can only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
    With Android devices, New and better technology is going to come out every other month it seems. The thing I like about the Note ll is not only is it a really good phone, the resale value is still pretty high at the moment and I dont see it dropping anytime soon. This is my plan. When the next Nexus is available for Verizon, Ill sell my note ll and use the money to buy the Nexus. Rumor has it; Google will sell the next Nexus for Verizon off contract. I can only hope!
    Who is making the next Nexus device? I'd buy a Motorola if it's up in tech or Samsung with ease. HTC is also acceptable but I will NEVER touch an LG manufactured device. The signal issues LG has across the board is the main reason why I won't jump to it.

I have had both and while the S3 is a great phone the Note 2 passes it in almost every way. Yes the pixel density is less on the Note 2 but the screen looks just as good if not better than the S3. The cameras are the same I believe. My pictures are just as good for sure. They are right up there and even better at times than my wife's iPhone 4s.

As for the dna, I looked at it too. It's a nice phone but for me it is handicapped by the non removable battery and no sd card slot. I also really like the S pen and other features that Samsung has built into the Note 2. The bottom line for me is value and right now I don't think there is a better value than the Note 2 in the smartphone market.

Good luck. It's always a tough choice picking a phone. It's a personal choice. Consider our opinions but at the end of the day you have to be happy with your choice, not us.

Sent from my Really Big Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Who is making the next Nexus device? I'd buy a Motorola if it's up in tech or Samsung with ease. HTC is also acceptable but I will NEVER touch an LG manufactured device. The signal issues LG has across the board is the main reason why I won't jump to it.
    Not too sure, I keep reading Motorola will have the rights to manufacture the next Nexus. As far as LG goes, I never owned a LG Smartphone, So I have no opinion about their radio issues. My old GNexus had HORRABLE signal issues and my Note ll has the best/strongest signal out of every phone I have ever owned. LG, Samsung, HTC or Motorola I will buy as long as I can activate the phone on Verizon!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Idk. Ive only ever had Motorola and samsung. Motorola definitely has the style. Samsung the technology.