Notifications while on call

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have both email and text messages set to both vibrate and audible notifications.
The vibration is strong and the distinctive tones alert me to the different message types.
The problem is when I'm on a phone call they continue to work.
The vibration is so strong and lot that it shocks my face and is audible to the person on the call.
Is there a setting that will disable vibration during calls?
Possibly only displaying a notification light because the vibration is very distracting. It always stops me in mid-sentence while speaking to a client.
It is so strong and loud it has the same effect while I'm on Bluetooth and the phone is away from my head.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have both email and text messages set to both vibrate and audible notifications.
The vibration is strong and the distinctive tones alert me to the different message types.
The problem is when I'm on a phone call they continue to work.
The vibration is so strong and lot that it shocks my face and is audible to the person on the call.
Is there a setting that will disable vibration during calls?
Possibly only displaying a notification light because the vibration is very distracting. It always stops me in mid-sentence while speaking to a client.
It is so strong and loud it has the same effect while I'm on Bluetooth and the phone is away from my head.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

That's not the way it's supposed to work. While you're on a call you should get a beep(like the call waiting beep) and that's it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to your dialer, hit the menu button, call settings, call alerts. Check what I have marked on my screenshot. The description is not worded well. "Go off" actually means "turn off" not that they will occur while on a call.

Uncheck if you want notification beeps. Turn the main notifications to "silent'.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361392504085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361392504085.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 32

misterdug71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I did select the Alerts on call option and I still get a vibration when an email comes into my corporate account.

I don't want to disable notifications for email because I use them for work, but they are VERY disruptive on calls. The vibration sounds like a freight train over the phone.

Any other thoughts? Is this a bug?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome