Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will Verizon's next OTA update be 4.12 or 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2?

will Verizon's next OTA update be 4.12 or 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2? What are the chances of skipping over 4.12 and going to 4.2 directly? (wishful thinking... obviously)

Default Re: will Verizon's next OTA update be 4.12 or 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2?

It's anyone's guess at this point. Personally I'm happy with what it currently has (4.1.1) and have no worries about any future updates.
    1812dave and Jude526 like this.

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    will Verizon's next OTA update be 4.12 or 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2? What are the chances of skipping over 4.12 and going to 4.2 directly? (wishful thinking... obviously)
    Itll probably be 4.2 as a leak has cone out for the s3 however it could be a ways down the road. I dont forsee any other updates till then.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I'm sure it'll be 4.2 (I hope). If we get 4.1.2 (be awhile before we see it ) first, it'll be ages before they roll out 4.2. If our next OS update is 4.1.2 I'm giving VZW the finger and rooting.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure it'll be 4.2 (I hope). If we get 4.1.2 (be awhile before we see it ) first, it'll be ages before they roll out 4.2. If our next OS update is 4.1.2 I'm giving VZW the finger and rooting.
    I'm happy as long as Verizon pushed 4.2 OTA out by Thanksgiving.

Verizon's next what?
    You guys are funny.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope they get the update before the X phone from Motorola comes out. If not I will make that phone my next phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    I'm happy as long as Verizon pushed 4.2 OTA out by Thanksgiving.
    Thanksgiving sounds unreasonable considering the gs3 got 4.1 in December (~6 months after Google released it?) so I'm hoping for more like may/June. Notice I said hoping. I lost my faith in vzw many a years ago. My hopes have lost their ability to get up.

Sent ala my Note Dos on Big Red

As long as my phone works I am happy. I paid a lot for my Note2. Why fix something that isn't broke?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I personally hope it's 4.2, just so I can have the native lockscreen widget capability. I miss being able to see a preview of my most recent text/email like I could on my previous HTC phone.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

While I'd love to see 4.2 on my phone specifically for the Google Now enhancements. I doubt it will hit any time soon. Sammy and Verizon are notorious for late updates so count yourself as lucky if we get any updates at all.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

My guess is at some point early summer we'll see an official update of some sort. Probably not 4.2, but who knows.

For those rooted, or willing and able to root and run a custom ROM, there are quite a few non-touchwiz based 4.2 ROMS available. I loaded CarbonROM on my GNEX, and it's really nice. Same ROM is available for the GNote, but I am not interested in any non-touchwiz based ROMS cause I like using the tw features. Nevertheless, for those willing and able, I say give one of those ROMS a try on your GNote to get an idea of what 4.2 is like on this phone. I think 4.2 code has dropped for the GS3, my guess is there will be 4.2 touchwiz ROMS in the next month or two.

I'm VERY ambivalent about updates, and for good reason. I saw three updates come to my bionic. the first one was an improvement, as it fixed the issue of whine in headphone output. the second was OK also. However, the third one was a big stinking pile of crap as far as I'm concerned because it brought back the aggravating whine in the headphone output, prompting me to look for a new phone. Verizon agreed, and shipped me a Razr Maxx, but it had a defective speaker so I sent it back. because I was about to go on vacation I told them to hold off on a replacement Razr Maxx until I contacted them. Not long after that, the Note 2 came out and I decided to spend a bunch of money to REALLY upgrade my phone experience. I couldn't be happier with my choice to replace the problematic Moto phone with a Sammy. I doubt I'll ever use a Moto product, same as I'll never buy another Apple product. For now I'm very pleased with this phone. It's size, sound, screen, Sammy specific-features, S Pen. The only thing I would prefer that the Note 2 had was more screen brightness, but that's a nit.
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
    Synycalwon and karsdroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    As long as my phone works I am happy. I paid a lot for my Note2. Why fix something that isn't broke?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    I paid $37 for my note 2, but no matter what i paid, I expect that the phone should be updated in a reasonable time frame. Still, the phone runs well for my needs, so I don't really need an update, just that it would be nice to have one

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    While I'd love to see 4.2 on my phone specifically for the Google Now enhancements. I doubt it will hit any time soon. Sammy and Verizon are notorious for late updates so count yourself as lucky if we get any updates at all.
    It seems like htc is dropping the ball more recently. The thunderbolt finally got ics recently, Rezound is was delayed, and no sign of jb. I don't think the droid incredible 4g lte has jelly bean either. Gs3 got jb in December. And the droid incredible 4g was released about the same time as the Galaxy s3.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I'm VERY ambivalent about updates, and for good reason. I saw three updates come to my bionic. the first one was an improvement, as it fixed the issue of whine in headphone output. the second was OK also. However, the third one was a big stinking pile of crap as far as I'm concerned because it brought back the aggravating whine in the headphone output, prompting me to look for a new phone. Verizon agreed, and shipped me a Razr Maxx, but it had a defective speaker so I sent it back. because I was about to go on vacation I told them to hold off on a replacement Razr Maxx until I contacted them. Not long after that, the Note 2 came out and I decided to spend a bunch of money to REALLY upgrade my phone experience. I couldn't be happier with my choice to replace the problematic Moto phone with a Sammy. I doubt I'll ever use a Moto product, same as I'll never buy another Apple product. For now I'm very pleased with this phone. It's size, sound, screen, Sammy specific-features, S Pen. The only thing I would prefer that the Note 2 had was more screen brightness, but that's a nit.
    Similar sentiment here regarding updates. I even froze my Nexus 7 on 4.1.2 as I got tired of the frequent updates from Google, some of which made me feel like their beta tester. I just want my device to work and not have to frequently mess around with it. I know others want the updates for new features, but I just wish we were given the choice of whether or not to accept/install them without needing to root and disable the option all together. It'd be nice to have options in Android like in Windows where you can natively choose to either turn updates off entirely, get notified about them only (install if you want), or make them automatic.

I just hope they bring back the auto-correct/auto-complete feature. Maybe it's just me but it drives me insane having to select each word insted of just the space bar. Most of my messages now look like a preschooler sent them! Hahaha

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the inner depths of Hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by bogart286 View Post
    I just hope they bring back the auto-correct/auto-complete feature. Maybe it's just me but it drives me insane having to select each word insted of just the space bar. Most of my messages now look like a preschooler sent them! Hahaha

This is why I purchased Kii Keyboard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails will Verizon's next OTA update be 4.12 or 4.2 for Galaxy Note 2?-uploadfromtaptalk1361812038761.jpg  

I love SwiftKey Flow keyboard, great predictions, and flow is great. I got it free a while back, but I think it is on sale now too

karsdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I love SwiftKey Flow keyboard, great predictions, and flow is great. I got it free a while back, but I think it is on sale now too

It is. I did the free beta for a while and loved it so much I bought it for 3.99 (I think). Great keyboard, highly recommended.

Just downloaded SwiftKey app... Yup! It's a keeper!!! Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    My guess is at some point early summer we'll see an official update of some sort. Probably not 4.2, but who knows..
    VZW will release 4.2 OTA a couple of months after the Note 3 goes on sale, which means next January at the earliest. Just my best guess.

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maryhalltworound View Post
    VZW will release 4.2 OTA a couple of months after the Note 3 goes on sale, which means next January at the earliest. Just my best guess.
    No they won't wait that long. I say mid year we should see some movement. The galaxy s3 for Verizon already has 4.2 test builds leaking out so its only a matter of time

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I never expect an update and thus am never disappointed or annoyed by the lack
    Frankly I figure I'll have upgraded to the note 3 by the time the update may roll around, and thus will update the note 2 which will belong to my husband by then.
    pool_shark and Synycalwon like this.
    Android4life

Hopefully Verizon starts pushing updates faster. Especially after Google refused to release a Verizon of the new Nexus that supported their network. Also remember Google owns Motorola, and is going to be releasing the first DROID phone under Google ownership Inc the very near future. The DROID line is a staple for Verizon right now. Last thing they want to do is **** off big bad Google Imo.

Droid Eris -> HTC EVO -> S2 -> S3 -> Note 2 -> S4 -> Note 3 -> S5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast