how often do you pull the stylus out? I almost forgot that it had one.... :(

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am constantly using mine. So useful for quick notes, especially when I am on a call and I need to write something down, speaker phone, s note domination!

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have only had my note 2 for 3 days and I have used it everyday while browsing sketching and playing razzle :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you sign a pdf document with the pen?
Thanks.
I've only had the phone for a few days, but I did use the stylus today to sign a pdf document, which is something I will be using it a lot for in the future. Was the primary selling point for me over the GS3. I'm just still trying to figure out how everything works! :)

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I use mine three or four times a week to sketch things and make notes. It's handy that I can sketch a drawing of my ideas for an engineer or technician then text it to them for them to keep. Blows their minds.
Rob

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I use it for screenshots and when taking notes while talking on the phone. I also use it fir hover scrolling on applications that support it.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I pull out the stylus everytime I turn on the screen and it unlocks for me already, rather than pressing the power button then press the slider to unlock the screen. Much faster that way and less wear and tear for the power button/switch. I'm on Bean's ROM V10, btw, I dunno if it works on stock rom. :D

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I pull out the stylus everytime I turn on the screen and it unlocks for me already, rather than pressing the power button then press the slider to unlock the screen. Much faster that way and less wear and tear for the power button/switch. I'm on Bean's ROM V10, btw, I dunno if it works on stock rom. :D

Stock rom does the same

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is the first Android phone I have bought and have not rooted. I have yet to find anything appealing in the custom rom area besides on screen buttons like on nexus devices.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is the first Android phone I have bought and have not rooted. I have yet to find anything appealing in the custom rom area besides on screen buttons like on nexus devices.

Stock ROM and Touchwiz never appeals to me so I rooted, unlocked, took out the bloatware, did the SD card swap, and activated the mobile hotspot, etc. (Among other things) :D

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use it to draw things out for patients sometimes.. Also just to draw.my gf likes that function lol.

I don't have write notes often..sometimes i just use it when browsing internet or to copy text..Also use it on sites that have drop down menus.. at least once a day i use it

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
My use of the pen has been fading but I know why and there's a fix. On any secreen I should be able to press a button on the pen that lets me write a note on top of that screen, and when I'm done I push the button again and the note and a current screen shot are saved and then the note is time stamped and then there is digitizing of the hand written text so it is searchable. When I display that note later it can be with or without the screen shot and the screen shot with or without the note. When I want to jot something down I'm loath to navigate away from the current screen. Why require that? Just allow the writing on any current screen. Saving a screen shot might help remember the context of the note if it's not complete.

I love handwriting again but giving up searchable text is asking too much.

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The stylus is most useful when its 20 degrees out with wind chill of 9 and you have big fluffy gloves on and don't want to freeze your little fingers off.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The stylus is most useful when its 20 degrees out with wind chill of 9 and you have big fluffy gloves on and don't want to freeze your little fingers off.

Aaaah, I remember that weather all too well! It was many years ago in Chicago! No gloves now (Arizona) but use the S pen every day! You have a perfect use for the S pen! Stay warm!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2