Wait for GS4 or get GN2?

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just want some opinions here, since I am finally up for an upgrade from my dreadful HTC Thunderbolt, I was wondering if I should go with the galaxy note 2 now, knowing how beautiful and great of a phone it is or just wait a little bit and get the galaxy s4 since it will be announced on March 14th or whenever.

Thanks

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just want some opinions here, since I am finally up for an upgrade from my dreadful HTC Thunderbolt, I was wondering if I should go with the galaxy note 2 now, knowing how beautiful and great of a phone it is or just wait a little bit and get the galaxy s4 since it will be announced on March 14th or whenever.

Thanks

I would test a functional device and then make your decision.
Speculation won't fill your desires

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
S4 has a full hd LCD type display 5"

Note II has 5.5" super amoled with spen

Both are great choices, depends on your preference

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Vanilla Ice

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just because Samsung announces the S4 March 15th doesn?t mean Verizon will release it any time soon after. I think we won?t see the S4 till June. So far you managed to stick with the Thunderbolt this long, then I say wait it out. You can?t go wrong with either one.

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just because Samsung announces the S4 March 15th doesn?t mean Verizon will release it any time soon after. I think we won?t see the S4 till June. So far you managed to stick with the Thunderbolt this long, then I say wait it out. You can?t go wrong with either one.

yeah, I wasnt going to expect it in March, I was thinking late April, early May but with Verizon I cant predict anything

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I wasnt going to expect it in March, I was thinking late April, early May but with Verizon I cant predict anything

Knowing with Verizon, they ALWAYS get the phones LAST among all carriers. No suprise there. So goodluck if it does come out for Verizon late April - early May.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had both the Thunderbolt and the Rezound. I have had the Note2 since Jan. 10th. Can't go wrong with it. Its more than what I expected. Have loved it from day one. I was planning to upgrade to it. Playing with it sold me. Having it....it's the best phone I have had

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
May sounds about right. S3 was announced early May (3rd??) and VZW shipped pre orders on July 4th I believe. So roughly 2 months give or take. So mid May is what I'm putting my money on. Leave it to VZW to delay it even more though....

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think you should wait and see what the S4 has to offer in March, and then wait for the release date. If you like what you see, then wait. If not, Note II is still a great option and should get Android 5.0 at some point. You're on Verizon so I wouldn't hold me breath but hey, its possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon isn't very reliable with its dates, I will most likely wait until the S4 is up for pre orders so if I like it great, I'll get it, but if not, at least the price for the Note 2 will hopefully decrease

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon isn't very reliable with its dates, I will most likely wait until the S4 is up for pre orders so if I like it great, I'll get it, but if not, at least the price for the Note 2 will hopefully decrease

I picked up my note 2 for $37. While it was a fluke on besr buys part, it still would be possible for others to pick it up for $50,if you planned ahead.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would buy the Note 2 TODAY !!! I've had mine since they came out and I love it more and more everyday. I don't know what the S4 has in store for the cell phone community, but I do know that you can't go wrong owning a Note 2. Best phone on the market by leaps and bounds.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess if you have the patience to wait till the S4 comes available, then you could hands on compare the two to see which one fits your needs. I don't think the S4 will have the S pen and I love that feature in the Note 2, and the larger screen. I have had the Note 2 a few weeks now and Love it! By far the best phone I have ever owned! Good luck with your choice!

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Get the Note 2 today! Don't suffer another day with the Thunderbolt! :p Mine has been relegated to the night stand drawer as a backup and every once in a while when I break it out, it's such a pain to deal with compared to the Note 2. It's that much of a night and day difference! I'm sure the S4 is going to be a great device, but it's an S3 replacement and not meant to compete directly with the Note 2. It's going to have a smaller display and no S-Pen. If given the chance to experience the Note 2's 5.5" screen and all the things you can do with the S-Pen, you're not going to want anything smaller or something that doesn't have an S-Pen! Then you'll be looking forward to the Note 3! :p

thunderclap123

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ill most likely get the note 2 because of reasons like in the S4 that i just wont need ie: the possible octo core, 5" screen which is not a lot different from the 5.5 and other nonsense reasons

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would wait, won't be long now.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

If you already know that the big screen size is a priority then I wouldn't wait, just get the Note 2 and start getting the hang of it. If the size of the screen is not a big deal, it wouldn't hurt to wait. BIG screen , games, videos, fun stuff, read your emails from across the room, that's what the Note 2 is about in addition the all the latest Samsung/Android tweaks. The pen thing on the Note 2 is interesting and somewhat useful. If having a PEN and a BIG screen are priorities then don't wait, jump in and start swimming. Do you have big pockets? Once you put a decent case on the Note 2, its altogether a big device. If you have small pockets, I would wait and see what the S4 has in the offering.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely wait.. as much as I love my note i think sometimes the screen is a little to large and a 5 inch screen would be better. Also im the type of person that always likes the latest and greatest tech. Id say unless you are the type of person to root and unlock you phone and wont want to wait for a method to come out on the s4 for that I would wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy