e-mail audio notification

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ummm... You have to use an app to do something, whether it's check email or browse the web & it can be stock or 3rd party.

Since you mentioned Yahoo email, then it's probably your stock 'Email' app.

When you're in the app, tap your Menu button, then Settings, then tap on an account, then scroll down to Notification settings, then Select ringtone & pick what you want.

Repeat this for each account. This is done so that you can have different notifications for each account.

gdubmedia#IM

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My question is: when using the stock email app, I've gone through and changed my tone for each account (I want to use the same sound for ALL my email account, Gmail included), but the only notification type I get is the vibration, no sound. It works with my stock Gmail app, but not for the stock mail app. Any idea why?

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My question is: when using the stock email app, I've gone through and changed my tone for each account (I want to use the same sound for ALL my email account, Gmail included), but the only notification type I get is the vibration, no sound. It works with my stock Gmail app, but not for the stock mail app. Any idea why?

Which ringtone do you have selected in the Select ringtone section in the Settings?

gdubmedia#IM

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a custom sound that I installed myself. I missed my iPhone sounds, so I found a bunch of mp3's of them all and transferred them to the Notifications folder on my GN2.

gdubmedia#IM

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know it works...I've been using it as my notifier tone for my Gmail app. I kept messing around with it a little earlier, and I don't know if it was a glitch in the stock emil app or what, but for some reason it's working on a few of my accounts. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see, but man...for as halfway decent of an app it is, the stock email sure is buggy... hahaha

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh I know it works...I've been using it as my notifier tone for my Gmail app. I kept messing around with it a little earlier, and I don't know if it was a glitch in the stock emil app or what, but for some reason it's working on a few of my accounts. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and see, but man...for as halfway decent of an app it is, the stock email sure is buggy... hahaha

Just wanted to make sure. Ya, a few of the stock apps have some bugs that are kinda annoying. I actually ended up disabling my Samsung calendar because of a couple of bugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow