Beanstown build 9

black1234

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm a noob at this.can anyone tell me if I can run this rom through odin?:) I'm running build 1 using odin was so easy but I don't know what to do or how to do it without using odin that's why I'm still on build 1 any help would be appreciated.maybe video tutorial or something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All depends on how the ROM developer has it setup to be flashed.

If its a zip file format then its normally meant to be flashed thru a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod or TWRP recoveries.

If the file is in " .tar " format then it is meant to be flashed using Odin.

I would check with the developers page on updating/flashing instructions before moving forward.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you if there is tar files out there?

I wouldn't know without looking. I'm going to safely say this update is probably meant to be flashed via custom recovery. Normally Odin is used to initially flash a custom recovery and root the device or to restore back to factory stock from a rooted state. Only other time(s) it is used is to update/flash your radio software or a kernel but even those are flashed via custom recovery 99% of the time.

Its very rare a ROM developer builds their ROMs in tar format to be flashed from Odin.

Word of advice I would really do some reading on what your doing before attempting to play around with Odin or even custom recoveries in the future. You don't want to flash the wrong thing using the wrong method and cause yourself a bricked device. Odin is a very powerful application and if used improperly it can create a brick very easily. Not something I'm sure you want with your fairly new Note 2.

black1234

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice.:) I will read before moving on all I can do is try and hope for the best

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Download the ROM onto your phone
Reboot into recovery (power down, power up holding power + vol up + home)
Wipe data/cache
Install ROM from zip
Reboot
Done

black1234

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So just stay rooted and just unlock I'm gonna use droidmodderx step by step that should work for unlocking right?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So just stay rooted and just unlock I'm gonna use droidmodderx step by step that should work for unlocking right?

I have not been keepibg up with his videos so I don't know if he is using up to date methods.

Just use this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118348
Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar