GN2 no service for days????? Toledo??

duke3913

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So for the past 3-4 days my phone has not picked up any service (3g or 4g) and I'm in an area where they both exist (Toledo, Oh). Phone is completely stock and I can not imagine anything that would of brought this on. I've taken a screen shot and will try to post it with this and maybe someone can inform me what the icon is at the top of the screen (x'd in box with signals protruding from side). I've checked the user manual and wasn't able to find that icon in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-02-16-24-20.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-02-16-24-20.png
    969.7 KB · Views: 48

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Toledo too....but my 4g and 3g are fine.

That signal I believe is for the emergency 911 GPS

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

duke3913

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the reply. i'm figuring my phone has taken a dump on me. wifi still works, awfully convenient for verizon and my unlimited data plan. I've restarted the phone numerous times, toggled on all services multiple times, and now i'm guessing it's time to visit a store.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the reply. i'm figuring my phone has taken a dump on me. wifi still works, awfully convenient for verizon and my unlimited data plan. I've restarted the phone numerous times, toggled on all services multiple times, and now i'm guessing it's time to visit a store.
I'm not a fan of our vzw corporate stores.....most of the employees are always pompous and arrogant. Kind of annoying so I stick to customer service. They always do whatever I need.

PS. Don't let them take away ur unlimited!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Try powering down, removing battery and SIM card for a few minutes to let the phone reset and force it to re-provision itself on the network on next power up. We used to occasionally have to do that with the Thunderbolt to get things working again. If that doesn't work, try a new SIM card. If still not working; try a master (factory) reset to get the phone back to a known clean state. If all else fails, most likely an issue with the phone and will need to get it replaced.

Also, the icon you're referring to is the GPS/location services indicator. Looks like you have at least one location service enabled. For more see page 33 of the user manual here: http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/sam_galaxy_noteII/GalaxyNote2_manual.pdf :)

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd call Verizon on the phone. If they need to they should be able to send you a new phone or create a network trouble ticket to check the towers. Your unlimited data should be safe.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

vjprax

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue in Vodafone India, Data works, No service in the notification drop down, Vodafone in the lock screen, Calling show not a registered network. Help!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7