how to force Google Navigation to automatically exit on Note 2 when I've arrived at the destination?

maryhalltworound

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
When I used Google Navigation on my previous phone, the Galaxy Nexus, it will automatically exit/close the app once I've reached the destination.(after Google Navigation says "You've arrived at your destination")

On my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Google Navigation doesn't do that. After it says "You've arrived at your destination" the screen just stay on and I see the "Exit" button on the top right. Unless I press "Exit" it will just sit there forever. On a couple of occasions, I forgot to press it and left the Note 2 in the car... by the time I came to the car a couple of hours later, the screen was still on and the battery had gone down to 17%. (was about 50% when I left the car)

I've looked everywhere I can think of but couldn't find any settings to change this behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus didn't exit after reaching my destination.
I tried to see if tasker could detect the "you have arrived." window that appears and kill navigation, but it didn't work.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus didn't exit after reaching my destination.
I tried to see if tasker could detect the "you have arrived." window that appears and kill navigation, but it didn't work.

My Nexus doesn't either. I just get into the habit of pressing the back button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech