I'm Watch Smartwatch

hkoller

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
After dealing with the i'm Watch tech support, I have come to the conclusion that they are either totally incompetent or highly unethical.
Do not buy this watch, unless you search the net and hear from people who have actually used it.
Early adopter are accustom to some trouble and short comings of new gadgets. Usually tech support helps you lessen the pain and eventually these gadgets work as promised. More or less.
The i'm Watch is beautiful. Actually it is spectacularly beautiful.
But it is absolutely not what it is promised to be, technically.
You could say, it's typical Italian. Great design but ain't running, worth ****.
But this is unfair. Look at Ferrari and such.
The moment I saw this watch I ordered it. I don't want to bore you with all the upsetting things about it, but the phone app did not work, the reception was so bad that the call/voice kept continuously breaking up, even though the watch was just a few inches from the iPhone. You just simply could not carry on a conversation. I'm Watch Tech support (my ticket # [#GYN-968-19666]) told me to do a factory reset. It obviously did not make the slightest difference. The 3 times I've contacted tech support after that, I've got twice a templet answers that had *little to do with what I communicated to them. Their responses always took a week to 10 days and it was obvious, that nobody read what I posted. *They were no *help at all, nor did they care. So I have decided to return the i'm Watch.
In the legal section of their web site, they state, that you have to fill out a certain form before returning the device. But this form was nowhere to be found on their site. You think this is just by coincidence?
And that's why I think they are totally unethical. It's an expensive watch, which technically it a complete crap. Great concept though but complete crap. Battery life is just about a day. The apps are basically useless and *as I've said the phone option (the most exciting & useful option), does not work at all. Also in the US you have to get the tethering option from your wireless provider, which I did. For me it meant loosing my unlimited contract with AT&T.
They go out of their way to make it *impossible to return the watch. I mailed my watch back over a month ago and I still have not received a refund. Also at one point tech support just stopped communicating.
I strongly suggest, not to buy the i'm Watch. Wait for them to get it right. But the way this company operates, I doubt they even care.
I wish the many sites that wrote glowing reviews about the i'm Watch had actually tested it. All of the glowing PR is just that, PR! Now there are many more accurate reviews on the net. I urge you to read them.
I am really sorry about that. The i'm Watch is a great concept, the design is very beautiful. Simply put, their PR is completely misleading.

ThexderrC

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased the I'm Watch and got it 3 months later. I had a cheapo cellphone so I knew I wouldn't be able to tether off that. I have a ASUS TF201 tablet which I used to tether the watch off, it worked quite well. I was able to get emails, tweets, fb notifications, even the calendar worked, but no phone. With my cheapo phone I was only able to connect via bluetooth to make calls with the watch, but I was ok with that. The only problem was that I had to rely on the tablet to update my emails, etc. It got to be a pain because I had to tote the tablet around which I didn't want to do all the time. When I was out I would connect the tablet up via Foxfi and update the watch. I did it less and less but the option was there.

A couple of months ago, I got another cheapo cellphone, with unlimited service, this one was 4g and offered bluetooth tethering. It was ICS 4.0.4. and I was able to tether the watch to the phone and started getting text messages to my phone as well after I upgraded the watch to 2.1.1. I have been able to use the full capabilities of the I'm Watch ever since. In the begining I thought it would be just a good trick to show to people, that I could make calls off a watch. But I wouldn't trade it for anything with the combination I have been using. I keep reading about people going out and spending tons of money to get the latest phones for their watch and still had problems, felt bad for them. I paid 70 bucks for the phone and 60 bucks a month for unlimited 4G Service.

When the new sideloader app was introduced with the 2.1.1 os update, I started sideloading apps. I thought I would brick the damn phone but I have been able to customize the look and feel of the I'm watch without rooting the watch. It's still version 1.6 android but whatever app works with V1.6 Android works on the I'm Watch. Google Search, web browsing, games. I am always trying out difference versions of apps to see what works. If it doesn't work, it's gone, if it works, even better.

Bottom line, it's a great and solid watch which I wouldn't trade for anything else coming out.

If you have any questions or if I can help any way, email me.

Thanks!

Matthew Malios

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
They suggest apps they do not have they cannot speak english and sell all around the world, they sell an item that does not function properly....how many people have had issues with the bluetooth syncing to your phone in a wifi environment and really just drains the battery of your phone in tethering all the time!!!!. They should be using wifi to connect to your phone and then bluetooth when out of wifi environment. There watch is basically useless as you cannot actually do anything of any use and the speaker quality must have been made 30 years ago as there is no speaker quality. Be warned that they are selling a product that is less than fit to be sold to the general public, but if you really want an "android" watch that does nothing, crashes all the time, that has totally useless functions and cannot even open an email nor return a response to an email or sms nor add an entry into your schedule then by all means buy one of these useless watches. This would have to be the winner for the most useless tech items ever!

Matthew Malios

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
100% Correct.....this product should not be sold as it is not fit for the general public and totally useless. Great idea (anyone can have a great idea) but is not followed through with a product of any use. Totally useless functionality as you cannot really do anything with the watch and all it does it drain your phone battery and crashes out of the bluetooth connection and with all due respect to all people who have purchased one including myself, we have been fooled!!

Matthew Malios

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Seriously what is great about the watch....just look at your phone and you can do everything there without issues.....why bother with a useless watch that you can only view certain things when it is working?? Seriously!! Be honest with yourself....

Jeffrey Weatherby

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
hey thanks for some positive feedback. some of the stuff on here is scaring me ! everything works on this phone, but the facebook notifications work on one account not the other. Any ideas why that could happen ?

Ron068

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello

Maybe hou van help me do you now à site where i can download THE opperating systeem from THE I'm watch i can't find it on THE internet

I hope you can help me (sorry for my bad englisch)

Ron notten from THE netherlands

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463