Getting a GN2 tonight. Questions about transferring upgrade & devices.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to get a GN2 tonight from Best Buy. I have some questions on transferring an upgrade & moving around devices. My lines are listed below.

Line 1 (Primary) - iPhone 4S - unlimited data

Line 2 - Rezound - unlimited data

Line 3 - Droid Charge - unlimited data

Line 4 - GS3 - 2gig data

Line 3 has an upgrade. I would like to transfer the line 3 upgrade to line 4 & get the Note 2. I would then take the phone home, transfer the iPhone to line 3. Transfer the Note 2 to line 1 & put the GS3 back on line 4. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.

diabloking

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm hoping to get a GN2 tonight from Best Buy. I have some questions on transferring an upgrade & moving around devices. My lines are listed below.

Line 1 (Primary) - iPhone 4S - unlimited data

Line 2 - Rezound - unlimited data

Line 3 - Droid Charge - unlimited data

Line 4 - GS3 - 2gig data

Line 3 has an upgrade. I would like to transfer the line 3 upgrade to line 4 & get the Note 2. I would then take the phone home, transfer the iPhone to line 3. Transfer the Note 2 to line 1 & put the GS3 back on line 4. Can this be done? Thanks in advance.

Yes you should be able to do this BUT be very careful with upgrading line 3 since it's unlimited. I did this with my Note 2 transferred my sister's line to mine and mine was unlimited with 9GB's used and dropped my plan to 5GB..needless to say I went over and had to backdate my data plan to 12GB shared.. 286$ later. -.-

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well all went as planned and I got my Note 2 (Yay!). One slight issue I have is the insurance (Asurion) I had on the iPhone did not transfer to line 3 with the phone. I called VZW & was told the insurance is on the line & not the phone. Line 3 had no insurance as it was an old Droid Charge. Is there a way to get the insurance on line 3?

On another Note (get it?) The insurance through Best Buy is so much better than anything offered through Verizon. I'm shocked. I doubt I'll ever purchase through Verizon again. Now I gotta learn how to use this thing.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well all went as planned and I got my Note 2 (Yay!). One slight issue I have is the insurance (Asurion) I had on the iPhone did not transfer to line 3 with the phone. I called VZW & was told the insurance is on the line & not the phone. Line 3 had no insurance as it was an old Droid Charge. Is there a way to get the insurance on line 3?

On another Note (get it?) The insurance through Best Buy is so much better than anything offered through Verizon. I'm shocked. I doubt I'll ever purchase through Verizon again. Now I gotta learn how to use this thing.

The only thing best buy didn't cover is loss or theft. If you don't worry about those things, best buy is better. Just be ware the turn around for Verizon can be next day, best buy may be a few days, and for best buy, you have to go to the store. Really minor inconveniences though as best buy has no deductibles, and no limit on claims. Verizon limits you to 2 claims per year and has a $99 deductible. If you pay for best buy warranty 2 years in advance, cost is about $7 per month, same as asurion.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't thought about theft. Oh well. I've never had a phone stolen. Hopefully that trend will continue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have never had full insurance and I used to sell wireless and promoted the ins. But always have had extended warranty. I can't replace if stolen. Glad to have ins on this phone. I recommend it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams