What is your PRL version?

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Im chasing a roaming issue I encountered yesterday traveling from Nebraska to Denver. I got an international data usage alert, I accepted to use data and had to switch the phone from global mode to lte/cdma to keep it from dropping to 1x constantly. My current PRL is 14014 with an Alltel national plan on Verizon. Im wondering if this is an alltel plan issue with an alltel specific PRL thats causing the issue. Ive never had this problem before. I just need to know what the Verizon phones are running for a PRL version. Thanks!

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the strange thing is of the 4 of us that went to denver, 3 of us had this issue. The same 3 that have alltel plans. The 4th person was fine on a verizon plan.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. My PRL is 14013, may be because I'm still on an old grandfathered Alltel plan (National Freedom 500). I've never had any roaming issues though. But I've always had the phone's network mode set to LTE/CDMA and set Global Data Roaming Access to "Allow access for all trip".

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got a new sim card, unlocked again, and installed cleanrom. 15211 now...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a hybrid prl on my note 2 and it is 13029 just to make things even more confusing lol. I have had verizon for over ten years but am in school in an area that used to be only alltel and the hybrid still gives me much better service even though the transition has been done for a very long time and I get extended network coverage in places no else can so no complaints here lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely sounds like verizon is black listing the alltel plans. I meed to figure out how to flash a verizon prl so I can rid myself of this problem

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Most definitely sounds like verizon is black listing the alltel plans. I meed to figure out how to flash a verizon prl so I can rid myself of this problem

Have you tried putting the network mode to LTE/CDMA and set Global Data Roaming Access to "Allow access for all trip"? I've never had any roaming issues with those settings even though I've always had the old Alltel plan from when Verizon aquired them. If you still have problems with those settings, you'll need to contact Verizon as there may be something messed up with the provisioning on your account.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I never knew about this at all so I feel sort of foolish to even ask this but nobody mentioned dialing *228.

*228 has no effect on 4G enabled phones. It was only for the old 3G phones that didn't use SIM cards.

As of right now PRL's are only updated through push. Some people claim that pulling the SIM card and battery out of a phone and restarting it will allow it to force an update, but this hasn't been proven from what I've read and PRL updates are so rare right now that it's hard to tell if it really does anything anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800