Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DvineMzM
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone using Plantronics Voyager Legend/Pro?

I'm looking at purchasing the Voyager Legend bluetooth for my GN2 and I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I really like the earpieces with the extended mic and this one has pretty good reviews, I'm just wondering what the real world usage is like.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Re: Anyone using Plantronics Voyager Legend/Pro?

The Voyagers are great but have crappy noise cancellation. I still think the BlueAnt Q2 out performed it. I had the Voyager and Voyager Pro as well as the Q2 and the Q2 became my go-to headset.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    The Voyagers are great but have crappy noise cancellation. I still think the BlueAnt Q2 out performed it. I had the Voyager and Voyager Pro as well as the Q2 and the Q2 became my go-to headset.
    Is it still your go-to headset?
    I voided my warranty.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by androidluvr2 View Post
    Is it still your go-to headset?
    Yup, 2 years later still my go everywhere. Though the battery certainly has taken a hit. I use the plantronics indoors with my PC for skype but the Q2 is still my ride in the car or wherever I happen to be headset.

-Walt Disney
    Thanked by:

I have the Pro and it is still going strong after almost 2 years. It works very well IMO. I have had many BT devices and this is the best one i have had.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I have the Pro and it is still going strong after almost 2 years. It works very well IMO. I have had many BT devices and this is the best one i have had.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    I really like the look of the voyager but that means nothing if it doesn't work. How does the in car/ outdoor call quality rate to you? I'm a little concerned considering the other posts POV (50/50 rating it seems so far)?

they are crappy? Are you talking about the Voyage Legend?

I bought the Voyager Legend from the Verizon corporate store for $75. When paired with my
    VZW Galaxy Note 2, it's absolutely the best bluetooth headset I've ever used.The noise
    cancellation is great. I can have a conversation with someone while I'm standing at the
    kitchen sink doing dishes and the caller can't hear any background noise. All he/she hears
    is my voice.

I'm extermely anal when it comes to bluetooth headsets and I bought more than 17
    within one week to try them all. (Plantronics, Jabra, Motorola and other brands, with prices ranging
    from almost $200 to cheap ones under $50) I returned the other 16 and kept only the Voyager Legend.
    To be fair, even the Voyage Legend isn't 100% perfect because I do hate its charging connector,
    but it's has the best sound and noise cancellation quality of the 17 the I tried. It really annoyed my
    friends when I kept calling them during that week to test each and every headset.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by maryhalltworound View Post
    they are crappy? Are you talking about the Voyage Legend?

I bought the Voyager Legend from the Verizon corporate store for $75. When paired with my
    VZW Galaxy Note 2, it's absolutely the best bluetooth headset I've ever used.The noise
    cancellation is great. I can have a conversation with someone while I'm standing at the
    kitchen sink doing dishes and the caller can't hear any background noise. All he/she hears
    is my voice.

I'm extermely anal when it comes to bluetooth headsets and I bought more than 17
    within one week to try them all. (Plantronics, Jabra, Motorola and other brands, with prices ranging
    from almost $200 to cheap ones under $50) I returned the other 16 and kept only the Voyager Legend.
    To be fair, even the Voyage Legend isn't 100% perfect because I do hate its charging connector,
    but it's has the best sound and noise cancellation quality of the 17 the I tried. It really annoyed my
    friends when I kept calling them during that week to test each and every headset.
    I said, the Voyager and Voyager Pro I had had crappy noise cancellation. If you really want to try a great headset, try the Q2.

-Walt Disney

I said, the Voyager and Voyager Pro I had had crappy noise cancellation. If you really want to try a great headset, try the Q2.
    You mean the BlueAnt Q2? I didn't like it because it wasn't comforable for my elephant-size ears. (but it did have great sound)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Q2 doesn't have the mic extension does it? That's a feature I like on the Legend (probably doesn't really do much but I feel like people could hear me better with it).

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I have the HD . Killed two jawbones in a month then next month two blue ants died. HD is still going strong at almost two years. If noise canceling is important nothing beats the jawbones but for day to day use Plantronics is best (at least for me).
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by ksb63 View Post
    I have the HD . Killed two jawbones in a month then next month two blue ants died. HD is still going strong at almost two years. If noise canceling is important nothing beats the jawbones but for day to day use Plantronics is best (at least for me).
    Ordering the voyager legend later today... we'll see how it goes.
    rob damiani likes this.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

How has your experience been with the plantronics bluetooth?

The voyager looks awesome, but does it feel like a brick hanging on your ear?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I actually ended up going with the Jabra Wave and I love it!

LOL! No, not at all. I don't realize I'm wearing it at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by indosilver View Post
    The voyager looks awesome, but does it feel like a brick hanging on your ear?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    LOL! No, not at all. I don't realize I'm wearing it at times.
    Does it come with good sizing adjustments. Would it work good with someone who has slightly larger ears than normal?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

It includes different sized ear buds but that's about it with regard to adjusting for fit/size.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpriest007 View Post
    Does it come with good sizing adjustments. Would it work good with someone who has slightly larger ears than normal?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Hi... I am using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD which I believe is about identical to yours in electronics anyway. I have been using it for over a year now and I am still enjoying it a lot and I have tried virtually every style of Earpiece that there is, lol. Other that use with the phone, I use it for the Radio quite a bit. If I go into a store like COSTCO for an hour say, then I go to IHeart radio, fire up my program and start shopping. Get a call it shifts to the call and then back to the broadcast. The only downside and it may not be for you but, because of the size of the boom mike and the fact that it even has one, it can feel a little conspicuous for you until you get used to the idea and then it's so comfortable that you forget that you even have it on, really!...

Good Luck