Default Re: Naked note 2?

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can just get a flygrip

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    That just looks awkward

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyshinta View Post
    That just looks awkward
    It helps me a lot in relieving aching hands, so well worth it for me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Is like mine naked if I could stick a rubber type sticker on the back panel so it doesn't slide out my hands. Its too slippery naked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I actually find it harder to hold and use with the case on.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

My phone has had the flip cover since Day 1. This is the closest to a case I will ever use. I love the natural feel of the phone and the flip cover wipes off my fingerprints and keeps dust out. So I'd call this semi-nude since it's not technically a case.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

No case for me, although I bought a bunch of them. I use a slightly textured skin on the back of mine to reduce the slippery element.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post
    I drop my phones too often...I have to use a case. Using the Seidio Active with kickstand and LOVE it!
    i'm thinking about getting this case or the Otterbox Commuter case
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

How is it that the Verizon kickstand case that is textured is more slippery than the naked phone.

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the case. The pros are protects back and sides of phone from scratches and minor impacts and has a kickstand.

Cons are more slippery in my hand and grips my pocket

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

The age old dilemma...looks sooo sexy without the case. However, I can't properly enjoy the phone because I would be too on edge about dropping it so I go with a case.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by apalm8 View Post
    The age old dilemma...looks sooo sexy without the case. However, I can't properly enjoy the phone because I would be too on edge about dropping it so I go with a case.
    That's exactly how I feel. But I have insurance on the phone for just that reason. So I don't need to worry about the phone but still enjoy using it without a case.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

How is it that the Verizon kickstand case that is textured is more slippery than the naked phone.

I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the case. The pros are protects back and sides of phone from scratches and minor impacts and has a kickstand.

Cons are more slippery in my hand and grips my pocket
    Hmm...not sure if we have the same case or not. Mine is rubbery and has lines on the back. The material it's made out of makes it difficult to put in and take out of my pocket. That's why I stopped using it. I loved the kickstand but I struggled (A LOT!) trying to take it out and put it in.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

I buy several cases for every phone and always end up taking them all off and going naked. I need to learn to not buy any accessories for my phone. Just a waste of money
    Nibs likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Hate my otterbox commuter case bc bulk..but i need to protect this..more important

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

That just looks awkward
    Looks and works great
    here is a good example
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I buy several cases for every phone and always end up taking them all off and going naked. I need to learn to not buy any accessories for my phone. Just a waste of money
    Check out the Monaco Leather Pouch. It provides protection while the phone is in transport but allows you to use it naked otherwise. It easily fits inside my left front pocket clipped to the top of the pocket. Or in the case where the pocket is too small or too tight (ex. couple pair of jeans), I'll clip it on the outside of the pocket instead sitting vertically on my hip. It's also handy to put the phone on top of the pouch where it sticks to the leather making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally.

Amazon has it here:
    Amazon.com: Monaco Vertical Carrying Case for Samsung Galaxy Note II: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or WirelessGround (where I got mine, also you can use coupon code "youtube" during checkout to get 10% off):

Below is a video of the pouch for a better look at it:

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    Check out the Monaco Leather Pouch. It provides protection while the phone is in transport but allows you to use it naked otherwise. It easily fits inside my left front pocket clipped to the top of the pocket. Or in the case where the pocket is too small or too tight (ex. couple pair of jeans), I'll clip it on the outside of the pocket instead sitting vertically on my hip. It's also handy to put the phone on top of the pouch where it sticks to the leather making it easy to hold with one hand vertically or horizontally.
    Terminology point! That's not a pocket pouch -- it's technically a holster because of the belt clip. A pocket pouch has no clip -- it's, well, just a pouch. I have the Krusell pocket pouch, which is about half the price.

I am looking for a holster though, but the problem I have with the Monaco is that the clip doesn't swivel. I have always used a holster with my devices to clip onto gym short/track suit waistbands, since phones generally tend to fall out of the pockets of such attire fairly easily. However, when I sit down (particularly in the car), I swivel the device to a horizontal orientation for comfort's sake -- and this would seem all the more necessary with the size of the N2.

Aside from this particularized use of a holster, I've generally been a pocket pouch guy not averse to going naked. I've been going commando style with the N2 from time to time, but the problem -- unlike with any other device I've had -- is two-fold. First, the device is more slippery than anything else I've ever had, and second, it's huge, of course. The slipperiness even poses a problem with pocket pouch use because it can slip when you're pulling it out of the pouch.

I've never been a fan of bumper cases, but I bought the Body Glove Dimensions case, which adds minimal bulk to the device while also providing a nice, textured and almost metallic grip.

Ok I now have 14 cases and this one came today and my search is over. It's invisible. Lol. I love it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Naked note 2?-uploadfromtaptalk1364848867793.jpg  
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Ok I now have 14 cases and this one came today and my search is over. It's invisible. Lol. I love it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    If its so invisible than why can I see it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    D07

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I got the jkase on amazon and I really like it. Doesn't add to much bulk and feels good in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Terminology point! That's not a pocket pouch -- it's technically a holster because of the belt clip. A pocket pouch has no clip -- it's, well, just a pouch. I have the Krusell pocket pouch, which is about half the price.

I am looking for a holster though, but the problem I have with the Monaco is that the clip doesn't swivel. I have always used a holster with my devices to clip onto gym short/track suit waistbands, since phones generally tend to fall out of the pockets of such attire fairly easily. However, when I sit down (particularly in the car), I swivel the device to a horizontal orientation for comfort's sake -- and this would seem all the more necessary with the size of the N2.

Aside from this particularized use of a holster, I've generally been a pocket pouch guy not averse to going naked. I've been going commando style with the N2 from time to time, but the problem -- unlike with any other device I've had -- is two-fold. First, the device is more slippery than anything else I've ever had, and second, it's huge, of course. The slipperiness even poses a problem with pocket pouch use because it can slip when you're pulling it out of the pouch.

I've never been a fan of bumper cases, but I bought the Body Glove Dimensions case, which adds minimal bulk to the device while also providing a nice, textured and almost metallic grip.
    My bad, they refer to it as a vertical "pouch type" leather case. I still think of it as a pouch though, as to me a holster is where the phone sits into the bottom and clips in at the top.

In the past, I've always preferred a holster (no cases, just a holster) like the Seidio spring-clip holster I have for my old Thunderbolt where the screen faces in protecting it. I was hoping Seidio would have one for the Note 2, even contacted them about it. But no go, just the combo: Active or Surface cases and their respective holsters. The only decent holster I've found otherwise is the one below (link and video). But it's designed for the screen to face out; too exposed for my comfort.

It's all good though as once I had the Note 2 in my hands I quickly realized it wasn't going to be very practical for me to sit with it on my belt (too big, gets in the way), not to mention it looks too much like a man purse on my belt anyway. lol I think it looks much better tucked in my left front pocket or clipped vertically on the outside of that pocket (in either case the clip holds it very well). When sitting I usually just take it out and leave it on the table/desk or in the center console or passenger seat of the car. Finally, I too found the phone a bit slippery at times when trying to pull it out of the pouch, but have since adjusted to it and have no worries about dropping it. I'm very happy with it and would buy it again!

I have the otterbox commuter amd love it just wish they would make an optional belt clip for it likenthe defender

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 808TBolt View Post
    i'm thinking about getting this case or the Otterbox Commuter case
    Hopefully you know that the Commuter case is slippery hard plastic.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    It's all good though as once I had the Note 2 in my hands I quickly realized it wasn't going to be very practical for me to sit with it on my belt (too big, gets in the way), not to mention it looks too much like a man purse on my belt anyway. lol
    Ha ha, that's why I'd only use it with gym shorts or track pants, particularly since it'd be covered by an untucked t-shirt.

I ordered the Cellet Teramo vertical case which (unlike at Amazon) is -- one a spring clip, and the second -- yay! -- a swivel clip.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12